Help me choose between 802 vlz3 & Yamaha mg102c - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Help me choose between 802 vlz3 & Yamaha mg102c
Old 27th January 2009
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Help me choose between 802 vlz3 & Yamaha mg102c

Hi,
I am in need of a small mixer for an effects loop before going into my computer for recording. Looking for as transparent a sound as possible for the buck. I am looking at the Mackie 802 vlz3 vs the Yamaha mg102c. They are $200 and 100 respectively. Which has the cleaner more transparent, noiseless sound? Which pres would work better? Are the eq's any good?
I am also open to the Tapco since the price is nice and the VLZ3's are not as easy to come by these days. I am sure there are much better for more money, but I am only able to spend $200 max on this one.

Thanks,
Will
Old 27th January 2009
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
the yamaha's are hard to beat in this price range. let it breath,don't push the pre's or the master out to much and they're not bad at all.
used to have one and also had the mg12fx.
Old 27th January 2009 | Show parent
Gear Nut

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Is the mg102c better than the previous generation? Because my mg10/2 is super murky. I'd go with the mackie.
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Thanks guys. I ended up getting a Mackie VLZ3. Sounds like they made some minor improvements over previous models. It'll probably do the trick just fine. I am only hooking up a Behringer V-verb Pro to it. Then again, this is one kick arse mo fo of a reverb. (Cross my fingers that it keeps working!) Yeah, some might laugh at the B word here, but it is a low-enders dream. I like it even better than the Kurz Rumour (which I love), which cost me five times as much. Oh well, I digress.
๐Ÿ“ Reply