Quantcast
FireBox vs AudioFire4 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
FireBox vs AudioFire4
Old 27th January 2009
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
FireBox vs AudioFire4

I'm looking for an audio interface to be used with a Yamaha Motif XS6 and a laptop running Vista 64. Both these products seem to support Vista 64, both are around the same in price, both have phantom power, and I've heard good things about both. I'm hoping someone here can help me decide which one (or something comparable) to get.

Thanks much.
Old 27th January 2009
Lives for gear

5 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 10 years
I certainly don't want to make the decision for you but on the reliability side of things, there is a thread here that lists the reliability of different interfaces. Echo usually scores higher than Presonus. This is simply driver issue kinds of things. It could be now that drivers for Presonus are doing much better.

I would search for that thread for feedback. Try searching with the word reliable in the Low End section.

In regards to personal experience, most of my songs on my MS page are done through an AF4(first 3). It has been rock solid and hasn't gotten in the way of my recording. Now my pres and mics... that's a different story. ;O)
Rob
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Hey, thanks for the comment. I was already leaning toward the Echo, but after reading that thread you suggested, I'm pretty much sold. Thanks again!
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…