Wich mic for wich instrument aplication - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Wich mic for wich instrument aplication
Old 26th January 2009
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Wich mic for wich instrument aplication

hello

im wondering... is there a aplication for all microphones??

like on oktava's website Applications of microphones - Oktava-online. Only genuine Russian made studio microphones

that would be nice to see wich mic you can use for what instrument.

personal choice is always there, but, if there is a website somewhere with the info, i love to find out.

greetz Peter
Old 29th January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Hello Peter...

Have you ever heard of Studio Buddy? It is a simple, little info app that you install (it's clean, no bugs, and safe) It has some pretty good basic advice and suggestions for mic'ing and EQing.

Check it out here.

I found this invaluable as a quick-start guide when I needed to mic up an instrument I had never done before... just a guide though... you should still try moving the mic, till it sounds good

Also.. as you noted... most mic manufacturers have some pretty good mic application and use info on their websites... AKG, Shure, Audio Technica, Neumann are a few that come to mind.
Old 29th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordZilla ➡️
Hello Peter...

Have you ever heard of Studio Buddy? It is a simple, little info app that you install (it's clean, no bugs, and safe) It has some pretty good basic advice and suggestions for mic'ing and EQing.

Check it out here.

I found this invaluable as a quick-start guide when I needed to mic up an instrument I had never done before... just a guide though... you should still try moving the mic, till it sounds good

Also.. as you noted... most mic manufacturers have some pretty good mic application and use info on their websites... AKG, Shure, Audio Technica, Neumann are a few that come to mind.
+1

Studio Buddy helped me out tons in the beginning. I highly recommend this tool for beginners. It gives you an easy to understand method for the basic concepts of micing instruments.

Studio Buddy: Home and Studio Recording Software for Better Sound
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…