Quantcast
What height for drum room? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What height for drum room?
Old 25th January 2009
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
What height for drum room?

OK, I've just built a drum room in my home studio. The studio is just a temporary setup until I can move to a new location sometime in the next year. The room is 8ft by 13 ft by 8ft high and I've well padded with Auralex panels. Anyway, there's a false ceiling above the studio and I can gain another 3-4 feet height.

So my question is, would it be worth removing the ceiling above the drum room? My drum room sound is pretty good at the moment but am just wondering if the sound difference would be significant if I gained an extra 3 feet?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cormac

The Jute Factory Studios on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Videos
Old 25th January 2009
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
It my experience ceiling height makes all the difference in any studio. It cuts down on the early reflections, which can really smear the image. I think if you're able to do it it would make a world of difference.
Old 26th January 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
http://www.bobgolds.com/Mode/RoomModes.htm

lost of more yummy stuff
RealTraps - ModeCalc
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…