Quantcast
Is anyone else confused by this? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Is anyone else confused by this?
Old 25th January 2009
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Is anyone else confused by this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/BEYER-BEYERDYNAMIC-TG-X-50-Bass-Drum-Microphone-M-380_W0QQitemZ260342626155QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item260342626155&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

What is up with that?

i got mine for $80. i love it to death and was gonna buy another but i hope to god this doesn't drive up the price of these mics. ughh...

what are yall opinion?
Old 25th January 2009
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Well I've never used that mic, but that seller, although pretty good has inflated prices on his gear imo....I only ever pay what I think a mic is worth anyway and REALLY search for bargains!
Hopefully I dont regret this but ebay.de(German) is awesome for cheap gefells and other nice European mics. Check it out..I just try to email them in pidgin German and they are always really cool, cheap shipping too normally.
Old 25th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
He has to pay for all the fancy photos, colors and the time it takes to create that sorta auction, I suppose.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I agree that the seller in question typically offers mics at inflated prices. I disagree that the cost of pretty pix and a pink page template justify the mark-up.

I've seen a number of their auctions and even thought about bidding once or twice. On each occasion I found the same or similar mic (ie in as good or better condition) cheaper elsewhere.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
ya. the thing that really bums me out is that eBay stores like these boosted up the prices of revox re-branded beyer m201's and now they are the same price as the originals where as 2 years ago a steal on those were quite easy to find.

ehh.

time will only tell.
📝 Reply