USB interface Choice - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
USB interface Choice
Old 24th January 2009
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
USB interface Choice

Hi all,
Just after some opinions. I'm currently an audiophile 2496 and a cheap Tapco mixer. Mostly this is to record electric guitar (which I do..er..by using a Boss graphic Eq pedal as a DI box and plugging it into the mixer) as well as acoustic guitar and occasionally vocals/other stuff. The mixer is a bit knackered, so I was thinking about getting a USB interface instead. I was looking at either the Line 6 UX2 or the Edirol UA-25EX.
Would either of these be a step up or down from what I'm using? I need to be able to make recordings of 'releasable' quality.
Cheers
Bob

Edit: This is in the wrong forum, isn't it? Should be under 'computers'. Sorry!

Last edited by BobChutney; 25th January 2009 at 12:42 AM.. Reason: oops
Old 25th January 2009
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Take a look at the Soundcraft Compact 4 mixer. The pres are really very decent for such a small amount of cash. A USB interface isn't gonna be any better than your 2496.
Old 25th January 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Hi. Someone else recommended that too. Hi z inputs for guitar, 2 decent mic pres. Looks like just the job.
Cheers!
Old 25th January 2009
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Quote:
which I do..er..by using a Boss graphic Eq pedal as a DI box and plugging it into the mixer
Yuk man, do yourself a favor and look into that line6 usb stuff. Comes with amp sims. On the cheap too.
Old 26th January 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_gant โžก๏ธ
Yuk man, do yourself a favor and look into that line6 usb stuff. Comes with amp sims. On the cheap too.
Yes, indeed. That's sort of what I was asking about. I've actually ordered a line 6 thing, as I'm sure it will come in handy. I know the guitar FX are very nice. But will the 'Neve Desk' preset on the mic channel sound as much like a Neve desk as the 'Marshall JCM900' preset sounds like a real Marshall? Because TBH, that would be close enough!
๐Ÿ“ Reply