Quantcast
Focal CMS65 vs M-Audio DSM2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Focal CMS65 vs M-Audio DSM2
Old 24th January 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Focal CMS65 vs M-Audio DSM2?

Maybe i propose an inaccurate comparison (6.5'' vs 8'') but I wonder how do CMS65 compare vs the M-Audio Studiophile DSM2, unfortunately i don't have a chance to A/B them.
I was impressed with some of the DSM's features as extra digital input, ferrofluid cooling, Class D ampifiers, and i consider both speakers innovative in terms of using new combos of materials in their consisting components.

Based on specs and price, i dare to say that they belong in the same category, don't they?
Any feedback would be appreciated
Old 24th January 2009
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
haven´t heard those speakers... but i´ve got the focal solo 6 be and they´re great.
i don´t think those two speakers belong to the same category. the m-audios got bigger woofers and other goodies, but are in a pricerange where most of the speakers are 6,5", they´ve got to cut cost somewhere...
if the CMS sound like the solo 6, i bet i´d go for them
Old 3rd February 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
ADAM A7 is one of my primary options too. The only pair I was able to audition in a treated room. Cheaper than the previous two, well approved by many users. My only concern about it was the low freqs response.
I don't know if I can finally avoid the subwoofer solution, in the meantime, having "respectful" but ACCURATE lows is quite important for my purchase.
I had the chance to audition KRK's VXT6 which left me satisfied for the purspose i need those.(not critical mixing/monitoring, also listening to my cds) Imaginating the more extended lows of a KRK VXT8 I would add this "yellow giant" in the game too.

Last edited by multiplureality; 3rd March 2009 at 11:50 AM..
📝 Reply