Quantcast
autotune question for experianced. - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
autotune question for experianced.
Old 16th June 2005
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
autotune question for experianced.

I use pro tools le and I'm using graphic mode, I want to move on to the next part of the verse, but I have to listen to the begining, I do verses in chunks, and on seperate tracks, so audio on the same track can sometimes be 10 seconds or more apaart on the same track. How do I use the cursor to move ahead? it keeps going to the start.

Also if u guys can help, I instead used the audiosuite and copied setting from rtas to audiosuite and process that, but when I rerun it threw to see if the pitches actually stuck to where I put them, they showed being off again, like I never even fixed it, i did process the audio, do any of u know the reason, if not I still have my first question, how would I make the programs pro tools and autotune.
I'd like to use audiosuite, so I don't have to run autotune on 10 tracks of seperate vocals(singers r a little rough)

When I play back different regions, it uses the pitch data for the previous audio chunk for the new one and sounds messed up. Please help, cool program if I can get past these little hurdles.
Old 17th June 2005
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
First off I would take the best of the tracks you have and create a single 'composite' track. Then, ONLY use Autotune on the offending notes - not on the entire track. Since your composite track will be made up of the 'chunks' you've taken from the original tracks, you will be working with managable sized waves so you don't need to keep listening from the start of the song. Always use Graphical mode and only draw in the smallest corrections possible to keep it as natural as possible - don't draw over grace-notes or glissandos. Once you're happy with the corrections to the wave-chunk, save and move on to the next chunk. When done with your corrections - combine the chunks into a single wave in case you want to add an effect or tweak it with a compressor.
Old 17th June 2005 | Show parent
Gear Nut

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Another question:

If you lower the buffer size in AT-4 wouldn't that reduce the amount of playback?
I'd try for myself but no ProTools and only AT-3 at home.
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Dont want to sound rude...
but you have read the manual havent you?

just checking...
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtone
Dont want to sound rude...
but you have read the manual havent you?

just checking...

over and over...........
๐Ÿ“ Reply