ZEF
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLast ➡️
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEF ➡️
lol Pacifica, Great River, LA610? low end recommendations ...now in 2021 the ISA One has gone from $275 to $650....no wonder the CLOUDLIFTER is popular.
Has the ISA One really been around long enough to have ever gone for only $275?

Did it come out in the 80's or something???
oh I was just rambling, but yeah I sold one and bought one at that price and bought it again (because I just had to have the box case that I never used)
what got me to post that was seeing the new price today!! $649.99 new!
SOS has them reviewed at 2008.
as I recall the ISA One was the most common suggestion for a preamp for the SM7b, now it seems to be the CL. imo.

I guess over 5 to 10yrs going up $200-$400 is normal, add in Used and New and inflation of gear and Covid spending.

regards,
Rip Van Winkle
Old 18th March 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEF ➡️
oh I was just rambling, but yeah I sold one and bought one at that price and bought it again (because I just had to have the box case that I never used)
what got me to post that was seeing the new price today!! $649.99 new!
SOS has them reviewed at 2008.
as I recall the ISA One was the most common suggestion for a preamp for the SM7b, now it seems to be the CL. imo.

I guess over 5 to 10yrs going up $200-$400 is normal, add in Used and New and inflation of gear and Covid spending.

regards,
Rip Van Winkle
So you are comparing a very good used price from almost a decade ago to a current price for brand new??? Unless I'm reading you wrong that makes no sense.

I did some searching and the ISA One came out in 2001

Tape Op did a review of it in 2008 listing the new price then at $999.99 MSRP or $800 street so the new price is actually cheaper now not more expensive.

As to the used price the cheapest one currently on Reverb is $449 but most are in the mid to high five hundreds.

I looked a bit deeper and realized that this preamp has a optional digital I/O card which obviously changes the new and used prices by a bunch. This is a major reason why the pricing varies a bunch on them and is maybe part of the confusion.
Old 18th March 2021 | Show parent
ZEF
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLast ➡️
So you are comparing a very good used price from almost a decade ago to a current price for brand new??? Unless I'm reading you wrong that makes no sense.

I did some searching and the ISA One came out in 2001

Tape Op did a review of it in 2008 listing the new price then at $999.99 MSRP or $800 street so the new price is actually cheaper now not more expensive.

As to the used price the cheapest one currently on Reverb is $449 but most are in the mid to high five hundreds.

I looked a bit deeper and realized that this preamp has a optional digital I/O card which obviously changes the new and used prices by a bunch. This is a major reason why the pricing varies a bunch on them and is maybe part of the confusion.
yeah youre right. The SOS had it around 499euro?$600 US retail? 2008, so maybe the retail isnt too bad after all. I dont recall online stores selling them new at $650 or more, though, maybe with the digital card.

Maybe someone who runs a store could answer the Trivia history on the ISA One. 2001 is earlier, so still a great unit, well built...plenty of gain for a SM7b.

The special release with the case and autographed Phil Dudderidge paper! I had to have it! and got one...lol

Bought the ISAOne the used prices were $275-$325 all day long when I became aware of them.

Im happy with the SM7b into a Cloudlifter these days. Paid $150 for the CL I think last year or 2019. Excellent gain booster and cheap. I did get the CL new.
📝 Reply