The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer mic100 weirdness
Old 3rd April 2021
Here for the gear
Behringer mic100 weirdness

I have a behringer tube ultragain that I put my gf's mic through when we stream with friends and last night it got unplugged and stopped putting out a signal when I plugged it in. I went to see if it was indeed broken today and instead it's just a lot quieter, yet when I crank it the volume up to compensate the gain actually sounds cleaner and better than it once was, and it is no longer noisy whereas it used to sound like noisy trash if I am being quite honest unless I dialled it in carefully. It still has an okay amount of gain when turned up despite being quieter.

Not my main pre and I am replacing it anyways for the streams since it isn't reliable so it doesn't matter, but I am really just curious what could be going on - has anyone had this happen or have any guess?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
A bad contact in the gain pot?
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…