The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Stereo Bus Comp VCA Hardware under $1200
Old 17th March 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I sold my TK audio BC1 s to get the AudioScape buss comp. unfortunately haven’t been able to snag one yet though so can’t comment but I’m excepting to be super happy after using their EQP1A and 1176f. For the price I don’t think you can do better than the AudioScape buss comp
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanlon ➡️
For the price I don’t think you can do better than the AudioScape buss comp
Interesting comment, considering that you haven’t received the unit or heard it in your studio.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Yeah I understand what your saying. My car needs some new brakes I found a new mechanic that saves me thousands on the last few repairs. He hasn’t ever done my brakes before but judging from his past work and prices I’m going to get him to do the brakes.
Old 17th March 2021
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
And that makes sense, for the same reasons your buy makes sense (given your opinion of the company). But at least listen to the G** D*** thing before saying other buyers can’t do better.
From the demos I've listened to (could be just the audio on the demo vids) on youtube, it does really sound like the Audio-Scape has those juicy mids in the compression when pushed, which I love. But I am still on the fence here. Maybe too many options lol
Gear Addict
If you want juicy, thick mids, consider an IGS Tubecore. Your mid frequencies will be like And you'll be like And onlookers with thin, sharp digital mids will be like And you'll be like "stand back, jellers"

Meanwhile anyone reading this comment will be like
Old 17th March 2021
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
“Juicy, thick mids” doesn’t conjure anything attractive to me. Would I need salt and a napkin?
Old 18th March 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushman ➡️
“Juicy, thick mids” doesn’t conjure anything attractive to me. Would I need salt and a napkin?
Lovely bit of tripe! Don't see it any more!
Old 18th March 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
and a bib!
Old 22nd March 2021 | Show parent
Gear Head

Buy from a dealer with 30 day money back guarantee and try them all.. Many clones offer the flavour of the real stuff. That might satisfy you during the first couple of uses.. but after a while you will start hearing undesirable things. The goods are in the way the high end is smoothed out, how solid the bottom end is..
Old 23rd March 2021 | Show parent
Ended up pre-ordering an Audio-Scape buss comp yesterday. Get it next month--hope it lives up!
Old 23rd March 2021
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
I gotta be honest, I actually really like the Warm box. Is it clean? Absolutely not. It's pumpy and grabby and gritty. But for the music I work on, that's the right fit.
Old 23rd March 2021 | Show parent
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneblackened ➡️
I gotta be honest, I actually really like the Warm box. Is it clean? Absolutely not. It's pumpy and grabby and gritty. But for the music I work on, that's the right fit.
more power to you!!
Old 24th March 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Me too can’t wait.
Old 31st March 2021 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneblackened ➡️
Interesting... What kind of music do you typically work on?
Old 1st April 2021 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Lots of heavy rock and metal.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Nice, thanks for sharing, will keep that in mind! Really digging my Audio-scape comp so far, but still haven't had the time explore using it much.
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetizzler ➡️
Ended up pre-ordering an Audio-Scape buss comp yesterday. Get it next month--hope it lives up!
I've heard good things about the Audio-Scape, Wes Audio and Stam clones.. too bad you need to wait a year to get a Stam at your doorstep in working condition. Let us know what you think about it :-)
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Churlish ➡️
If you want juicy, thick mids, consider an IGS Tubecore. Your mid frequencies will be like And you'll be like And onlookers with thin, sharp digital mids will be like And you'll be like "stand back, jellers"

Meanwhile anyone reading this comment will be like
Well, I felt more like.. That dude has really good drugs.. I want some too
Old 2nd April 2021 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Any of these options will likely be fine.

Based on what I've used, if I was in your shoes I'd get an SB4001 or try to find a used Foote P3EX.

This kind of thread is mostly pointless because any of the options you're considering are good enough and most of the responses you're going to get are just lists of the bus compressors people have used.
Old 3rd April 2021 | Show parent
So pointless you made a comment on it...And I disagree, there are variations in bus compressor quality - price doesn't always equate to quality or style...
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetizzler ➡️
So pointless you made a comment on it...And I disagree, there are variations in bus compressor quality - price doesn't always equate to quality or style...
Sure, big variations in quality and sound. And if you feel like you learned something then I guess it hasn't been pointless.

Can't speak from personal experience about most of these units, but either of the ones I mentioned are excellent quality. I prefer the Foote, but they're both awesome. The SB4001 has the advantage and disadvantage of being a gateway into 500 series.

All of the others mentioned have good reputations and would not stop you from making a good record. Enjoy your Audioscape unit. I've heard nothing but good things about them.
Old 3rd April 2021
Gear Maniac

Daking Comp 2 or used Overstayer. The latter is coloured.
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsdornothin ➡️
Daking Comp 2 or used Overstayer. The latter is coloured.
Would you use the Daking on a mixbus? It is indeed in that price range..
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Interesting comment, considering that you haven’t received the unit or heard it in your studio.
Thought I’d report back now that I’ve received the unit and heard it in my studio.

I’m in the middle of a mix project. I have 3 songs left out of a 14 song record and the band are loving the mixes. 2 or 3 songs had zero recalls (which never happens to me at least)I’m seriously considering remixing the whole record now that I have the AUDIOSCAPE.

I was really into the TK Audio bcs 1 but I’m liking the AUDIOSCAPE more. The fact that I made money selling the TK and buying the AUDIOSCAPE is icing on the cake.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanlon ➡️
Thought I’d report back now that I’ve received the unit and heard it in my studio.

I’m in the middle of a mix project. I have 3 songs left out of a 14 song record and the band are loving the mixes. 2 or 3 songs had zero recalls (which never happens to me at least)I’m seriously considering remixing the whole record now that I have the AUDIOSCAPE.

I was really into the TK Audio bcs 1 but I’m liking the AUDIOSCAPE more. The fact that I made money selling the TK and buying the AUDIOSCAPE is icing on the cake.
Sweet, I’ve been wanting to hear from someone with both of those. I have the TK BC1 S as well and for me, it’s pretty spectacular. It’s beaten out a few other of the ssl clones I’ve had. Most of them highly regarded around here. The TK sounds great and I love all the extra features it has, while also having detented knobs. I’ll prob pick up the Audioscape one of these days, such a good price, and great company.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
https://www.reviveaudio.com/index.ph...product_id=173

I have both Audioscape and Revive stuff. Both are fantastic.
📝 Reply