The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
reverb and delay pedal for mixer sends
Old 1st October 2020
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
reverb and delay pedal for mixer sends

hello
I gonna dismiss my rack fx and going to pedal for size reason. Im used to produce house music OTB, and modulating sends to delay and reverb is vital in my habits.
I think boss pedals (ie rv5 + dd3) could easily fit my expectations however I am tempted by behrry dr600 and vd400 combo which would cost 1/4 than bosses and to my ears on youtube video sound pretty similar.
Shall I regret this choice ?
Old 1st October 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by rozzilla ➑️
hello
I gonna dismiss my rack fx and going to pedal for size reason. Im used to produce house music OTB, and modulating sends to delay and reverb is vital in my habits.
I think boss pedals (ie rv5 + dd3) could easily fit my expectations however I am tempted by behrry dr600 and vd400 combo which would cost 1/4 than bosses and to my ears on youtube video sound pretty similar.
Behringer does make some ok stuff but I didn't think very much of the VD400.

Look for an MXR Carbon Comp, it's a really nice pedal that can be found for like $85-$100 used.
Old 1st October 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
I think boss pedals (ie rv5 + dd3) could easily fit my expectations however I am tempted by behrry DR600 and VD400 combo which would cost 1/4 than bosses and to my ears on youtube video sound pretty similar.
I bought a few Behringer pedals about 2 years ago just to see what kind of pedal quality they are putting out for around $25 a piece. I got the compressor, limiter/booster and EQ and all 3 where noisier than any other pedal i have owned and I own countless stomp pedals.
Old 1st October 2020
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
yes i know they are noiser, but i suppose that wont be a big deal on sends, as it would be with guitars and high gain chains, isnt it ?
Old 1st October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
yes i know they are noiser, but i suppose that wont be a big deal on sends, as it would be with guitars and high gain chains, isnt it ?
The sound of a quality delay is just nicer, the VD400 was just kind of lackluster and cheap sounding compared to something like the MXR CC.

I know this is Low End Theory but if the sound of a delay is important to you get a decent one, we're not talking about a Lexicon here just a good quality guitar pedal that can be had for $80-$90.
Old 1st October 2020
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
going for better quality than vd400, any hint with mooers ? I appreciate that tiny form factor
Old 1st October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
going for better quality than vd400, any hint with mooers ? I appreciate that tiny form factor
Never used the Mooer pedals so I can't say. I kind of like the idea of being able to use a battery if I wanted to though and unless you already have a power supply that's going to be additional cost with pedals like the Mooer. Now looking at the Mooer you're even closer to the price of a used MXR. The Carbon Copy is such a standard you know what you are getting quality wise and there are lots of used ones because they are so popular.
Old 1st October 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
hello
...OTB, and modulating sends to delay and reverb..
What console? What rack gear?

If you are all balanced, how do you step down\up to\from the pedals?
Old 2nd October 2020
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
a small and pretty mackie console, I am used to a fabulous reverb from a glorius asrx and delays from kawai rv4, nothing runs balanced and i am prepared to downgrade since im heading to a portable rig
Old 2nd October 2020
Quote:
hello
I would definitely consider used Boss pedals. The DD pedals are very nice. Never owned any B-pedals.
Old 3rd October 2020
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
The EH Canyon and Grand Canyon are my favorites. Very versatile. I use them on an aux send on my mixing console.
They are digital but do sound analog and can also sound very clean if you want them to .
Old 3rd October 2020
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
I would suggest that if you are using these pedals/units as fx sends, then you want to stick to one's which have the option of being 100% wet without the dry signal. Most guitar delay pedals do not do that.

I have a hotone tape Eko pedal which does, and I would highly recommend one. There is also the boss space echo which has delay and reverb, is stereo, and has a wet option.
Old 8th October 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Look into the ZOOM MS-70CDR multi-effects pedal. Plays well with line level. So many possibilities with this. Used to have one, but sold it. I'm getting more into rack effects.
Old 9th October 2020
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
from what i have seen around I know ms70cdr is very nice, however I am on a nostaglia trend trying to use just gear from late 90 early 2000.
so far I bought an rv-5 and I am really amused by it. wow
Old 9th October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
from what i have seen around I know ms70cdr is very nice, however I am on a nostaglia trend trying to use just gear from late 90 early 2000.
so far I bought an rv-5 and I am really amused by it. wow
Okay. Alesis NanoVerb or MicroVerb l and ll
Old 9th October 2020 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by tales41 ➑️
Okay. Alesis NanoVerb or MicroVerb l and ll
And Roland DEP5..
Old 10th October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thevegasnerve ➑️
And Roland DEP5..
Or a Yamaha SPX90 II. Just got one recently. I was under the impression the OP was looking @ non racked gear.
Old 11th October 2020
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
hello
I gonna dismiss my rack fx and going to pedal for size reason.ΓΉ ?
Old 12th October 2020 | Show parent
Quote:
Eventide Pitchfactor, has line level switch and dual delays. Very nice and affordable if you buy used.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thevegasnerve ➑️
Eventide Pitchfactor, has line level switch and dual delays. Very nice and affordable if you buy used.
Or their Timefactor as well.
Old 12th October 2020
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
from berry pedals to eventide it is a huge leap
Quote:
from berry pedals to eventide it is a huge leap
in quality. but they are selling for a little over $200 which is crazy for their ability. You want advice, be patient and purchase the used Eventides. Timefactor is excellent too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne ➑️
Or their Timefactor as well.
Yes! I meant to type that one. I have both actually..
Old 13th October 2020
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
they are expensive and bulky and quite modern, maybe not my cup of tea on my initial needs. thank you anyway
Old 13th October 2020
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
The Eventides have algorithms in them that have been around since possibly before your 'nostalgia' pedals.
Old 13th October 2020 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmark ➑️
The Eventides have algorithms in them that have been around since possibly before your 'nostalgia' pedals.
ha, so true.. but look, not for everyone I guess. at the used prices, its just a crazy value. now i use a lot of analog equipment so appreciate their design.
Old 13th October 2020
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
right now i simply wonder how many post shall separe this OP from ITBvsOTB or MacvsPC
Old 13th October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
right now i simply wonder how many post shall separe this OP from ITBvsOTB or MacvsPC
Um, I don't get where you mean to go here.
Old 14th October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne ➑️
Um, I don't get where you mean to go here.
I guess he means he's discovered that the bunfight of racks vs pedals he started is as nothing compared to pedal vs pedal action, which is pretty genteel round here compared to, say, the effects sub-forum of the gear page.

Plus it doesn't help that there are like a gazillion more pedals than their rack equivalents and at correspondingly more price points and design compromises.

For 'vintage' delays at a non-Eventide cost/size the Digitech Obscura looks interesting (does reverse delay) and probably got decent build quality. I've used an mxr carbon copy (not as an fx send), ok but nothing special. For totally different delay, the Red Panda Particle.
Old 14th October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmark ➑️
For totally different delay, the Red Panda Particle.
Interesting pedal... At $300 it's a long way from the original discussion of a cheapie $29 Behringer stomp box but that's kind of the way this thread has gone now anyway.
πŸ“ Reply