The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Output Platform Studio Desk
Old 8th December 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCAR89 ➡️
Here's a solution for you guys that will work and it will also add years to the life of your desk or any desk that you have from now on. Go to a local glass supplier with dimensions or have one come to your home and they can create a safety glass top to go over the desk surface. It saves it from spills, scratches, etc., and will definitely improve the looks. Hope that this helps.
Isn't that a crime against accoustics?
Old 9th December 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Can probably be adjusted for with sound deadening. Just depends on how long you want your desk to last I guess.
Old 9th December 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCAR89 ➡️
Can probably be adjusted for with sound deadening. Just depends on how long you want your desk to last I guess.
A layer of glass topped with a layer of rockwool it shall be then! Thanks!
Old 29th December 2020
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I contacted Output to order their Platform studio desk over a month ago, they told me 3 months' wait time and almost 200 Euro shipping to NL. Canceled my order after not hearing from them after several weeks of waiting on confirmation of details.

I'm now looking for an alternative studio desk, any recommendations?
Old 29th December 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj.anti.matter ➡️
I contacted Output to order their Platform studio desk over a month ago, they told me 3 months' wait time and almost 200 Euro shipping to NL. Canceled my order after not hearing from them after several weeks of waiting on confirmation of details.

I'm now looking for an alternative studio desk, any recommendations?
This is not good news as I was also thinking of getting that desk.
I'm hoping for a lot of good solutions here.
As it is now, being in Europe, this Zaor design desk seems like an OK and cost effektive solution.

https://www.thomann.de/se/thomann_co...ed_by_zaor.htm

Cheers,

Mats N
Old 30th December 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats Nermark ➡️
This is not good news as I was also thinking of getting that desk.
I'm hoping for a lot of good solutions here.
As it is now, being in Europe, this Zaor design desk seems like an OK and cost effektive solution.

https://www.thomann.de/se/thomann_co...ed_by_zaor.htm

Cheers,

Mats N
I've got these two on deck as alternatives at this point:

https://www.thomann.de/intl/zaor_vision_w.htm
https://www.thomann.de/intl/glorious..._pro_black.htm

And a friend who's a carpenter is looking making me a custom version as well.
Old 30th December 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

I've looked at both of these but as I will not be using any rack unit in my desk, the Zaor is out.

I'm considering an electric IKEA table that I can hack to me specs.

Cheers,

Mats N
Old 17th February 2021 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatformReview ➡️
Update - heard back from customer support. It is claimed that the underside of the table, and the grooves pictured above, are supposed to be rough and not sanded. There was no comment on the badly drilled holes, some of which are not even drilled all the way through. The resolutions I was offered were:
1 - send back the pieces with poorly sanded wire holes
2 - 150$ back + their software bundle (useless to me as I don't make electronic music and license is non-transferable) + a few months of their arcade software
Since I'd have to sand the underside of the table anyways, I might as well sand the holes so there's no point in (1), so I'll see if I can get the 150$ back, which should cover the supplies needed to fix the desk and 1-2 hours of my time, less than what it will take to fix the desk (for me at least).

Overall, disappointed that they are cutting corners (e.g. sanding table underside) on such a simple product (plane, cut, route, sand, drill through some wood) which costs 650$, and botching even the parts which are not supposed to be botched by design (e.g. wire holes).
The 150$ (and software) doesn't make it up for me, and I still would advise to look elsewhere for a desk (or any hardware for that matter). I was interested in their upcoming monitors, but after this I'll definitely pass.

I've attached a few more photos. Hope those who have one on order will be luckier than I was. Wear some gloves when removing from the box.
Thanks for sharing these photos. They looked as awful as I can imagine and I felt bad for you that you have to go through this.
Here for the gear

I have found a manufacturer in Europe who has a few, what seems to be, excellent choices. Buso Audio.
I considering either the Composer 61 or the Artist 61 but am leaning towards the Composer as I will have all my rack stuff in a rack on the side.

https://busoaudio.com

Cheers,

Mats N
Old 17th February 2021
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I skipped on this one and am having a carpenter friend build me a replica with a few modifications of my own design.
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I skipped on this one and am having a carpenter friend build me a replica with a few modifications of my own design.
Good call. The design is pretty good, the finish/attention to detail is very bad.
Old 17th February 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I’m happy with mine but the ship time is loooong and their accessories are overpriced. For example the sidecar looks pretty cool but it’s a 3 month wait and very expensive. I really wanted a rack cabinet so I can rack my patchbay and rack gear plus put my MPC on the top. OnStage makes a really good one and it’s like $165. I can add a rack shelf for $30 and I’m basically set for under $200 and the ship time is like a week.

I’d still recommend the platform though just because it has gone through two studio moves and is pretty easy to partially disassemble and reassemble, plus it’s solid as hell. Price is a bit high (but all these good desks cost a lot), but the worst part will be the ship time.
Old 18th February 2021 | Show parent
Here for the gear

I have producer friends in Berlin and besides Output Platform, they are using Wavebone and Omnirax simply because these products cost under 1000 euros.
Old 22nd February 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismilne ➡️
Good call. The design is pretty good, the finish/attention to detail is very bad.
Can confirm finish (drifwood) had bubbling. Wood is some sort of composite sandwich board that feels relatively unfinished. Drill holes very ragged with some either missing or not punched through completely. Many holes have chip marks from the drill bit that expose the raw wood because this material doesn't appear to accept drilling very well. It crumbles. Finish scratches suuuper easily. Be careful!

And for F's sake - those instructions! Like it was written by a concussed Ikea copywriter. Use the videos on the website. But even those were hard to follow.

Speaker stands are sitting on what looks like 3 sharpened spikes on the bottom of the tripod. Totally unsuitable for wood floors. So they provide metal discs which the spikes need to sit on. Very, very tricky to make that alignment correctly or adjust the orientation.

Have to give credit to the aesthetics, though. They are quite nice.

Trying to resist the Frontiers. Help me.
Old 22nd February 2021 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaydees ➡️
Can confirm finish (drifwood) had bubbling. Wood is some sort of composite sandwich board that feels relatively unfinished. Drill holes very ragged with some either missing or not punched through completely. Many holes have chip marks from the drill bit that expose the raw wood because this material doesn't appear to accept drilling very well. It crumbles. Finish scratches suuuper easily. Be careful!

And for F's sake - those instructions! Like it was written by a concussed Ikea copywriter. Use the videos on the website. But even those were hard to follow.

Speaker stands are sitting on what looks like 3 sharpened spikes on the bottom of the tripod. Totally unsuitable for wood floors. So they provide metal discs which the spikes need to sit on. Very, very tricky to make that alignment correctly or adjust the orientation.

Have to give credit to the aesthetics, though. They are quite nice.

Trying to resist the Frontiers. Help me.
You're making me glad I passed on this design even more. To their credit though, the distortion plugin they put out is stellar.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismilne ➡️
Good call.  The design is pretty good, the finish/attention to detail is very bad.
mine came with a crazy huge "scorch mark" on it. Have been trying for 3 days to get through to customer service but so far no reply. Really sketched out by it and kind of regretting my purchase at this point tbh. Fingers crossed that they do the right thing and send me a replacement leg. I have no idea how in the world something like this got past QA.

Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

I ordered one output desk last year and it came in damaged and harmed. I returned that and ordered Wavebone instead. Great quality!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveySpecter ➡️
I ordered one output desk last year and it came in damaged and harmed. I returned that and ordered Wavebone instead. Great quality!
I wish I heard of this company and their offerings a year ago. Their designs are exceptional for the price - really well thought out, and simple. Fits into any decor easily too.

I'm in love with the desk, speaker stands and rack mounts. The clamp on speaker stands, although not ideal, are great for those with tight spaces too.

I'm definitely going to buy the Fin rackmount, and the monitor stands for my 2nd pair of monitors. Thank you for mentioning them.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

I’m really liking the looks of the wave bone. Output was on the radar but after hearing too many so-so reviews, I had resigned to order the Zaor Vision W desk. The Wavebone looks much better constructed, but no cable management built-in.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBVN ➡️
I’m really liking the looks of the wave bone. Output was on the radar but after hearing too many so-so reviews, I had resigned to order the Zaor Vision W desk. The Wavebone looks much better constructed, but no cable management built-in.
Actually (and I could be wrong), I think they have cable management built in. I think I briefly remembered seeing it mentioned.

Also, their chairs look great and budget friendly. I really wish I heard of them sooner - I spent ages looking on Amazon and various other sites for a chair that fit all my criteria (arms that can be rotated out of the way was a must-have). I eventually found one on Amazon, but it was about $80 bucks more than the most expensive offering from wave bone, and seems to be of comparative quality.

I also decided to build my desk, because with shipping, the Output desk was too expensive, and it still didn't fit my criteria fully (it's too big). The wavebone would have been perfect, lighter to ship from US to where I live, and saved me tons of time and frustration building my own desk.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenVile ➡️
Actually (and I could be wrong), I think they have cable management built in. I think I briefly remembered seeing it mentioned.

Also, their chairs look great and budget friendly. I really wish I heard of them sooner - I spent ages looking on Amazon and various other sites for a chair that fit all my criteria (arms that can be rotated out of the way was a must-have). I eventually found one on Amazon, but it was about $80 bucks more than the most expensive offering from wave bone, and seems to be of comparative quality.

I also decided to build my desk, because with shipping, the Output desk was too expensive, and it still didn't fit my criteria fully (it's too big). The wavebone would have been perfect, lighter to ship from US to where I live, and saved me tons of time and frustration building my own desk.
Which chair did you settle on? I'm currently looking for one as well and Wave Bone isn't an option in Europe.
Here for the gear

Ah, I watched the assembly video for the Headquarter and it does have a cable management tray on the back. It looks like the $800 price tag also includes the keyboard tray? I might be sold on this, but they won't be shipping until June. It has metal frame construction verse the MDF or whatever the Zaor is made from. Plus, the slabs added in the rack areas if I don't use all three bays will be handy since I honestly need maybe 2 bays at most.

Anybody have any luck getting the 10BK10 coupon code to work? It's supposedly only applicable to the black Headquarter but keeps giving me an error.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Ah, I watched the assembly video for the Headquarter and it does have a cable management tray on the back. It looks like the $800 price tag also includes the keyboard tray? I might be sold on this, but they won't be shipping until June. It has metal frame construction verse the MDF or whatever the Zaor is made from. Plus, the slabs added in the rack areas if I don't use all three bays will be handy since I honestly need maybe 2 bays at most.

Anybody have any luck getting the 10BK10 coupon code to work? It's supposedly only applicable to the black Headquarter but keeps giving me an error.
Hi JBVN,

This is Leo from Wavebone. Please send a message to our official Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/waveboneofficial/).

We will help you to get the 10BK10 coupon code to work. Thank you!
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenVile ➡️

Thank you so much! Our designers were so happy when they heard your reply. Much appreciated.

Leo from Wavebone
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvjmjack ➡️
Hi JBVN,

This is Leo from Wavebone. Please send a message to our official Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/waveboneofficial/).

We will help you to get the 10BK10 coupon code to work. Thank you!
Wow, that's some fast service! I messaged the IG and thank you for happening across this discussion. If we get the code working you got a sale, really diggin' the look of the desk and the metal construction. I might bite on the chair too, the swivel back arms would be handy as a guitarist.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Which chair did you settle on? I'm currently looking for one as well and Wave Bone isn't an option in Europe.
It's now unavailable, but I've found an equivalent one here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EHQ5GNS...ing=UTF8&psc=1

The biggest difference between it and mine is mine came with an attachable headrest, and the covering for the armrest padding is faux leather. The above chair is pretty affordable, but if I needed a chair, I'd still purchase the one from wavebone, just to support them. I really believe in supporting boutique companies, especially in audio.
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Wow, that's some fast service! I messaged the IG and thank you for happening across this discussion. If we get the code working you got a sale, really diggin' the look of the desk and the metal construction. I might bite on the chair too, the swivel back arms would be handy as a guitarist.
Hi there,

Is this 10Bk10 coupon code working at the moment?

Or Should I just message Leo(vvjmjack) or Wavebone's fan page? Thanks, gearguys.

Last edited by Beth Harmon; 5 days ago at 09:14 AM.. Reason: grammar
📝 Reply