KSM 44
8 Votes - 40.00%
Gz67 fet
12 Votes - 60.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6th January 2017
Gear Head

Gz67fet vs KSM44 for Vocals?

Which is the better microphone for vocals?
Old 8th January 2017
Gear Head

Can we get some more votes please?
Old 8th January 2017
Lives for gear

26 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
haven't used the gz67. KSM44 is a very fine mic, but very "revealing", as in, the vocalist will sound exactly like him/her self. So, they'd better be very good, IMHO. In any case, if using the 44, a little distance is your friend. Good luck.
Old 8th January 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Always loved the KSM44 on vocals, and own one, but never used the other mic.
Old 9th January 2017 | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by edva ➡️
haven't used the gz67. KSM44 is a very fine mic, but very "revealing", as in, the vocalist will sound exactly like him/her self. So, they'd better be very good, IMHO. In any case, if using the 44, a little distance is your friend. Good luck.
I'm going to send you a private message
Old 14th January 2017
Gear Head

I wish I could see who's voting...

Maybe I shouldn't have added the poll if most people were going to vote without posting =(
Old 16th January 2018 | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by kslight ➡️
Always loved the KSM44 on vocals, and own one, but never used the other mic.
Thank you for posting.
Old 18th January 2018
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
The KSM44 was my first microphone in my studio. At the time it was one of only and handful of under $1000 Microphones. On my voice it beat out many of the other Microphones in that category at the time, including the Blue Baby Bottle, AKG 414, and even the TLM 103. These days there are a lot of options in this category. The KSM44, as mentioned earlier is a very neutral microphone. It doesn’t color the signal or add to it. I found it to be a great work horse mic and recorded guitars, cello, viola, and violin. It can be a little on the bright side and requires some use of the proximity effect to really utilize the low end.

These days there are lots of options at this price point. Warm Audio’s WA87 comes to mind. It has the more mellow top end of the vintage U87, but not the bottom end. The bottom end does not reach as deep as the real deal. Some people like the R0DE Mics, although I’d Stay away from the NT1A. The NT2 and K2 weren’t bad. Have you tried any of these Mics? What style of music do you plan to record? Mic choose isn’t really about the source you are recording and the style of the music.
Old 19th January 2018
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
My Choice: Gz67 fet
I thought of buying the KSM44 at one time and wish I owned it or two.
I did purchase the GZ67fet and it is a wonderful vocal mic. After I bought it, the difference in sound was immediate. The result, more people came to record their vocals at my spot.
Today I also own a Amythest Vintage and Copperhead. The GZ67fet still holds up, sounds different than those two and gets used regularly.
Even though I've never used the KSM, either mic would be a great addition.
Old 20th January 2018
ZEF
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
havent used the gz67, the KSM44 was one I had then sold and bought back. (used it was $350 with the holder and case etc.. great deal imo.)
i just do male vocal desktop hr. it has the dual diaphragm and a smooth lower end from my tests.
built great.

is the gz67 a 67 clone?
Old 23rd April 2018
Gear Head

My Choice: KSM 44
don´t have any clue about the gz67 mic (maybe form Czech Republic?), but the KSM44 has some nice soft highs, like it better than a TLM103
Old 24th April 2018
Gear Maniac
I'm pretty sure Imogen Heap is using a KSM44 (or some variant) in this video from PBS Soundbreaking:

Old 24th April 2018 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyneRyder ➡️
I'm pretty sure Imogen Heap is using a KSM44 (or some variant) in this video from PBS Soundbreaking:

Looks like my old KSM44 to me. Could be the KSM32 also, which has a more neutral response and is cardioid only.
📝 Reply