The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Thread Dedicated to Just 3U Audio Mic Demos
Old 15th July 2021 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Anyone?
Old 15th July 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I think it's safe to assume that nobody on this thread has directly compared a Warbler VI to an Advanced CM800 or Lewitt 540. If you ever get a chance to compare them, I'd love to hear the results. But you've already gotten some input and suggestions on the other thread, and I know it's a long thread, but there are many opinions about the MKVI buried in there that you could search for.

The reality is that you won't really know how you like the Warbler until you try one for yourself. I don't think you'd be sad if you ordered one and tried it out, it'll be an excellent mic for the money. While the Warblers aren't exactly free, they're the only professional mics of that quality that I'm aware of at that bargain-level of a price.
Old 25th July 2021 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progger ➡️
I think it's safe to assume that nobody on this thread has directly compared a Warbler VI to an Advanced CM800 or Lewitt 540. If you ever get a chance to compare them, I'd love to hear the results. But you've already gotten some input and suggestions on the other thread, and I know it's a long thread, but there are many opinions about the MKVI buried in there that you could search for.

The reality is that you won't really know how you like the Warbler until you try one for yourself. I don't think you'd be sad if you ordered one and tried it out, it'll be an excellent mic for the money. While the Warblers aren't exactly free, they're the only professional mics of that quality that I'm aware of at that bargain-level of a price.
Yeah it would be great to shoot those mics out but I think I'm going towards a new route maybe an Apex 460 mod with a brighter more modern tube sound
Old 14th September 2021 | Show parent
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by standup ➡️
Here's a quick thing showing the 3U GZ251 vs another FET mic I've owned for a while. No EQ or compression anywhere, just mic--pre--Logic.

Position is everything. With both of these mics I'd move them around to get the best sound. This demo does none of that, both mics were side by side as close as possible. One of them sounds better close, the other one needs a little distance.

The GZ251 seems, in this comparison, to have a very full bass response and not a lot of shimmer on top. But that could be addressed with position or EQ, so I'm not concerned. I'm commenting in the recording on what you're hearing.

https://soundcloud.com/ericagner13/3...-mississippi-1
Is the other mic the Oktava MK-012?
Old 14th September 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denta ➡️
Is the other mic the Oktava MK-012?
The other mic, FWIW, was a gefell UM70s. This was not a fair comparison, really, because you can get right up on the gefell without massive proximity, but the GZ251 needs more distance. The high frequencies of these two mics are totally different too.

Overall, these mics are too different for this to be a super-useful comparison.

I’ll take the gefell for its detail, the GZ251 for its voluptuousness.
Old 15th September 2021 | Show parent
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by standup ➡️
The other mic, FWIW, was a gefell UM70s. This was not a fair comparison, really, because you can get right up on the gefell without massive proximity, but the GZ251 needs more distance. The high frequencies of these two mics are totally different too.

Overall, these mics are too different for this to be a super-useful comparison.

I’ll take the gefell for its detail, the GZ251 for its voluptuousness.
Haha cool. I had no idea, just trying to be clever and cheating by looking at your 'my studio' profile! Backfired somewhat lol. Bet the Gefell is really nice, though must be 3x GZ price no?
Old 15th September 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Got the gefell used, so it was several hundred $$ more than the GZ251, but not double or triple.
Old 13th October 2021 | Show parent
Gear Nut
Cm-1 Teal on acoustic guitar

I said a few days ago that I'd make and post a video using a CM-1 Teal on my acoustic guitar. Here it is with the proximity effect eq'd out from 400-500Hz.

I didn't use the mic's HPF, but HPF'd in eq. It's not obvious from the video, but the front of the mic is about 6 in from the guitar, pointed downwards at lower bout on my knee. I'm finding the Teal's cardioid pick up pattern is tighter than most.

The guitar is a ten year old Yamaha LS6 (so I think from before they had torrified tables) strung with Martin Monel strings, btw.

Looking back the day after, I'm thinking the guitar might have benefited from a bit more air - but also that I'm happy for the vocals to live in that space.

I might think something entirely different tomorrow!

https://youtu.be/X1uwxkIQ1r0

We found the Warbler MkIV tended to lose Julie's natural silvery tone. After trying the sE4400a, I'd like to try the Warbler MkI next. Fun, innit?
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Wondering if anyone has compared the MKii to the MKVI directly. I'm stuck between those two and am curious about the MKVI voicings. On one hand I want to try the 47 style sound and see if it works, but on the other hand the MKVI would maybe have a more "practical" use, as I've heard the voicings are very diverse compared to the MKii voicings (Which allegedly range from dark to unnecessarily dark).
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
If anyone is interested in selling a used but in excellent condition gz47fet V: https://rvrb.io/gz47fet-v-r4of6w
I'm shipping from Estonia, €20 shipping for Europe, €70 for US
📝 Reply