The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Altomusic.com - Good, Bad, or...... ???
Old 29th December 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by gminorcoles ➡️
Good experiences, no bad experiences
If anyone has a contact there please let me know.
Might be doing some slutty shopping and prefer to talk to a person.
Thank you.
Old 29th December 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Sending you a PM
Old 30th December 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear
Just placed my first order on alto music a few days ago. had two bad experiences: the first is web technical issues. when I ordered an Black Audio Quad preamp, the system doesn't seem to recognize my address, Just can't continue placing the order. they were trying to keep my money out of their door :( The second issue happens today. I just received the package and they sent me the single-channel version instead of quad version.
Old 31st December 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ling07 ➡️
Just placed my first order on alto music a few days ago. had two bad experiences: the first is web technical issues. when I ordered an Black Audio Quad preamp, the system doesn't seem to recognize my address, Just can't continue placing the order. they were trying to keep my money out of their door :( The second issue happens today. I just received the package and they sent me the single-channel version instead of quad version.
You're certainly not going to get the best deal or best service buying things through a website for any dealer rather than establishing a relationship with the same salesman there over time.
Here for the gear
That's a great point. thanks. The sales team sometimes sending wrong items which is understandable. It is indeed terrible for first time buyers.

The team didn't reply today. I'll definitely see how they handle this issue.
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Hi Ling.We are so sorry for the error! We emailed you last night at around 7 pm eastern time. The correct unit is on the way overnight and Dan just left you a voice message to facilitate the return. Once again we apologize for any inconvenience.
Old 31st December 2020
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
I think something may actually be 'up' with Altomusic. Perhaps it's related to C19.

I contacted them on Dec 2nd about getting their discount for Kali monitors, got a reply that it applied, and then got my email forwarded to someone so I could audition them. It took two weeks before I prompted them for an update at which point the speakers had apparently just showed up locally. Trying to schedule the audition was a bit of a hassle where again I got radio silence a few days in a row.

I asked (twice) for three IN-8 speakers and received two, one of which was not new and had broken and insufficient styrofoam protection in the box. I added the third to my order (with agreement that the used one would be swapped), plus two LP6s. Money was drawn from my account but no update with invoice or expected shipping from the warehouse a week later.

All in all it's odd because I made it crystal clear - a month ago - that I was willing to just pony up and buy everything in one lump sum and they could just ship the stuff, and if I didn't like it I'd return it. I think (hope) they're doing what they can but may be stuck between understaffing and shipping issues.

Honestly at this point I'd be a bit cautious with using them. Sadly. Had great experiences in the past.
Old 31st December 2020
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Just to add to the odd-ness of it all:

I said I was interested in a MOTU interface which was currently not in their warehouse, and the person said he'd get back to me about when it'd be shipped if I ordered it. Still nothing. So here's another case of Do-you-want-my-money-or-not?..
Old 10th April 2021
Kja
Lives for gear
Sorry to bump such a old thread.. But what's up with their "used" stuff? Is it really used? Or new at a discount?
📝 Reply