The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Sub forums RSS Feed for Live Sound
Stage Lighting
Supported By Burl Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hey hey! Just a quick note about what should and shouldn't go here - If you have a query/topic/thought about live RECORDING...

Whitecat
replies: 1 views: 51,345
Remoteness 7th October 2019

I am researching ways to minimise microphone feedback in a live situation with a rock band using a PA, backline and wedge...

nksoloproject
replies: 15 views: 176
deedeeyeah 17 minutes ago

Hello everyone, I have a Gretsch Honey Dipper and I like the sound as it is. I tried the Lace Pickup but I dont enjoy it. I...

DDCassiere
replies: 1 views: 22
Thomas W. Bethe 29 minutes ago

Hello. I’m trying too build a setup for live performing with some synths, drum machines and guitars. Im looking a mixer for...

boybitten
replies: 0 views: 17
boybitten 2 hours ago

I am preparing to upgrade my live rig and am putting my new hardware order together. I already will be replacing my Wireless Mic...

Savascream
replies: 5 views: 182
Papanate 11 hours ago

Yesterday I played in a band that I had not played with in 20 years. I was a core member of an earlier iteration of the group in...

Mike M
replies: 5 views: 227
hughshouse 1 day ago

Hi I’m looking for a pair of active 10” speakers for general FOH for small acoustic acts and as wedge monitors/keyboard amp....

dickiefunk
replies: 8 views: 181
dickiefunk 2 days ago

I was wondering if any drummers here use a drum riser for their live shows? Do you take your own one with you? Is there something...

nksoloproject
replies: 2 views: 183
AC2SPL 2 days ago

I've seen some bands (usually on bigger stages/in bigger venues) using more than one wedge monitor per band member. Is this...

nksoloproject
replies: 11 views: 291
AlecSp 2 days ago

Hi folks, I'm looking for resources to learn about how to treat a warehouse-ish space (used to be an auto-mechanics shop). The...

mrand
replies: 23 views: 354
Bstapper 3 days ago

I've seen some bands who use wedge monitors positioning them in front of the stage and slightly lower down (but still high enough...

nksoloproject
replies: 5 views: 172
OneEng 4 days ago

Hello people! First time on the forum and in need of some advice please. I play guitar in a ska fusion band in the UK. My...

coko
replies: 2 views: 91
deedeeyeah 5 days ago

Hey all, Getting my head around a new Dante setup install at the venue I work for and we're coming up against a number of...

STUUDIO
replies: 6 views: 283
STUUDIO 5 days ago

Hello everyone, I am hearing hissing sound from my brand new rcf evox jmix8. Hissing is comming from HF driver, LF driver is...

Kibomaestro
replies: 10 views: 1,761
veeopiah 6 days ago

Hi, I play electric violin in a metal band, and I run the violin through an LR Baggs EQ box to the PA. In order to hear myself...

rak128
replies: 10 views: 11,048
lapki 6 days ago

Hi! As the title says, I'm asking about routing the FOH mix to an Aux channel. I am running a live event to a live audience,...

potumba
replies: 3 views: 106
mrufino1 6 days ago

Hi all... hopefully this is the right place - figure live sound people do more soldering/cable runs than most. :) Very long...

jBam
replies: 2 views: 99
jBam 1 week ago

Anyone using the new RCF HD 10-A MK4? How do these compare to the other 10' speakers out there in the $500 price...

jazzgitter
replies: 15 views: 3,012
dickiefunk 1 week ago

Hi guys, I play in a band in which we use backing tracks. We are using a computer with a DAW and an audio interface. I am...

lagwagon06
replies: 4 views: 224
mrufino1 1 week ago

Hi all! I'm a studio and FOH sound engineer in Belgium, mostly specialized in jazz and acoustic music. In the studio i...

La Conserve
replies: 0 views: 83
La Conserve 1 week ago

Hey all I'm new to this forum. On the Yamaha MG12 mixing board (photo enclosed), the 5/6 and the 7/8 input channel have (2)...

ZedLeppelin4
replies: 6 views: 79
paul o 1 week ago

I play nylon-string guitar for background music. I played an event last night for 450 people and requested a sound system. When I...

Migueldemaria
replies: 4 views: 183
Migueldemaria 1 week ago

I was reading an interview with Paul Stanley of KISS and he admitted that their 'live' performance on America's Got Talent in...

nksoloproject
replies: 66 views: 2,090
coffeecup77 1 week ago

hi there, mixing and recording a show as a favor with no experience so please have a bit of mercy. the place has got an allen...

newtothisthing
replies: 2 views: 117
planetnine 1 week ago

I am a keyboard player playing Yamaha MODX 7. Looking for clearest highs and deepest lows for synth patterns. Speaker will also...

wweiss
replies: 20 views: 2,554
Dave Ferris 1 week ago

Hello, Gonna be working on an A&H Ilive 112 to get a mix up for the Youtube feed for a church in Athens, GA. I am familiar...

dial_it_in
replies: 1 views: 110
nick b 1 week ago

Hi, I used to work full time in live sound, split between medium size music venues and larger corporate event installs. I have...

cmwolf
replies: 2 views: 131
loujudson 1 week ago

Hi. I cannot get any output signal from my new Motu 8pre Es. I can see the input signal showing on the front LCD all working...

min3008
replies: 5 views: 394
fuzzfilth 1 week ago

Any ideas as to why my recently bought 2nd hand Behringer kxd15 tweeter distorts when using my modx keyboard to the point where...

Monkees
replies: 1 views: 63
paul o 2 weeks ago

Just seen Yamaha has announced a brand new powered range of speakers called the DZR :- YouTube From what I can see in the...

dickiefunk
replies: 174 views: 49,995
dickiefunk 2 weeks ago

Using an MR12 for a radio mic and playback job. Tried the automixer with the three radios and I feel the release response is...

planetnine
replies: 1 views: 210
mrufino1 2 weeks ago

I saw Steely Dan back in June in Cincinnati. And I had to laugh. Unless I am way wrong. I am pretty sure I saw a behringer...

Haysoundguy
replies: 19 views: 802
Haysoundguy 2 weeks ago

I was talking to a local drummer a while back who said he owns a 6kw PA system with 4x18” bass bins, 2x12” mids and 2x10”...

nksoloproject
replies: 3 views: 215
hughshouse 3 weeks ago

Hi guys anybody have experience with Telefunken M80/81? I already have the MD9235 capsule and its amazing but I've heard some...

SStudio
replies: 21 views: 8,867
sbesq 3 weeks ago

New console, see the attached video for all the specs, no pricing yet but looks AMAZING. Has proper PRO series pre-amps and...

DGL
replies: 176 views: 38,112
iLCacciLLo 3 weeks ago

Is there a way to take my saved mixer settings from the old to the new? Thanks

bbob
replies: 1 views: 126
chris661 3 weeks ago

So I play in a 3 piece band and we don't currently have a keyboard player for live work. We've been looking into and...

nksoloproject
replies: 3 views: 115
OneEng 3 weeks ago

Do you have a system for organising and transporting all your cables, accessories and smaller items (mics, guitar/vocal floor...

nksoloproject
replies: 14 views: 592
gundula 3 weeks ago

Hi folks, It's been a while since I've posted here. For the last 6 years I've been using a pair of EV ELX115 mains with an EV...

jditrapani
replies: 21 views: 815
henry miller 3 weeks ago

Alright so I'm looking to cut down on cables onstage with my band as much as possible, so I can avoid tripping over them and have...

nksoloproject
replies: 48 views: 2,122
OneEng 3 weeks ago

I used the Flow 8 on a gig for the 1st time. I had troubled making small adjustments. I looked at a video later and saw, me...

bbob
replies: 4 views: 149
chris661 3 weeks ago

Hello, Has anyone tried any of the directional speakers available in the market? Like panphonics, Sound Lazer, Audio Spotlight...

jjitter
replies: 14 views: 4,155
pbatt 3 weeks ago

Midas m32

The release of the new Midas 32 is very interesting for us. The preamps should sound better than our person us studio live. ...

Peacock
replies: 94 views: 32,779
MediaGary 3 weeks ago

I am hoping that someone in this group might be able to help me out. First, I can explain a little about myself. I am new to...

flottann
replies: 3 views: 231
Thomas W. Bethe 4 weeks ago

So I just started helping this small church get their stuff together. They are in need of Cat5e to connect their X32 to their S32...

xian3000
replies: 11 views: 2,222
mlenny 4 weeks ago

I usually rent out PA gear to people I know personally. But recently other people started asking me if they could rent my...

renesas
replies: 1 views: 222
Thomas W. Bethe 4 weeks ago

Hi, I'm a professional violinist and a total newbie to sound engineering. I own a string quartet business that does mostly...

Asl7494
replies: 25 views: 4,773
Bstapper 4 weeks ago

Hey everyone, I'm looking to buy a headset microphone for live performances and rehearsals. I've looked at Amazon and found...

AlexHouston
replies: 4 views: 1,880
Djengis 4 weeks ago

Hi, I am part of a duet who intends on doing some performances at local bars, coffee shops, other small menus for very little...

Guitarduet
replies: 1 views: 163
JayTee4303 4 weeks ago

Hi, I need to replace a gain pot but have no idea what the specs are to match with a new pot. The part is no longer in...

jcowan
replies: 0 views: 64
jcowan 4 weeks ago

I was wondering if anyone knows of a current production digital mixer that has a meter bank that meters each individual input...

cardboardrules
replies: 8 views: 392
PsyKology 4 weeks ago

Moderators