Quantcast
Using a MIDI controller live with VSTs? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Using a MIDI controller live with VSTs?
Old 31st January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Using a MIDI controller live with VSTs?

I play in a 3 piece cover band and we are getting a relative to do some keyboard parts on some songs live. I have an M-Audio Axiom 49 and was wondering if there was any type of module that I could somehow load some of my vsts or patchs on so that we could just use the Axiom live.

Any advice or suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance!
Old 31st January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Most keyboardists use laptops on stage for use of controllers. the benefit is you're not restrained to 1 type of library. Literally your options are endless.

sent from my mobile RTA
Old 1st February 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
A laptop is also an excellent VSTi host module as it's even more flexible that the Muse Research offerings. However, you may want to look into an external audio I/O. Internal laptop soundcards are usually not very good on their own, may be somewhat noisy, and will require adapter cables to connect to a PA system. A good firewire or USB2 interface will be easier to connect and will sound better.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…