Quantcast
Mackie Delivers Next Level of PA Innovation and Technology with DL/DLM PA System - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mackie Delivers Next Level of PA Innovation and Technology with DL/DLM PA System
Old 27th January 2013
News Desk Editor

🎧 15 years
Mackie Delivers Next Level of PA Innovation and Technology with DL/DLM PA System

Ultra-compact, powerful and sonically advanced new system sets bar high for portable market

With the launch of the DL806 and the first showing of DLM Series Powered Loudspeakers at Winter NAMM, Mackie proudly presents a new technology-packed live sound solution – the DL/DLM system.

“With a DL Series mixer and DLM loudspeakers, you have an extremely powerful and portable PA system with a level of innovation unparalleled at the price point,” commented John Boudreau, Mackie SVP. “We’ve invested heavily into technology and it shows. Both products are great on their own, but the combination is truly greater than the sum of its parts. If you are ready for a system refresh, now is the time.”

With a range of DLM loudspeakers and a choice of input configurations for the DL mixer, a DL/DLM system can easily work for a wide variety of applications. Never before has such a powerful system been available in such an ultra-compact design. The groundbreaking form factor of the DLM Series alone reduces size by a third and eliminates nearly 20% of the weight when compared with traditional 2-way loudspeakers.

But it’s the advanced technology that really sets this new system apart. Using premium components and boasting superior DSP, a DL/DLM system offers a better sonic experience than ever possible before. Innovations like the DL’s wireless mixing ability, choice of channel plug-ins and robust recall system offer professional features previously unavailable at this price point. Equally innovative are the DLM speakers, with unmatched power and performance at a size and weight that changes the very definition of the word portable. Features like multiband feedback elimination, alignment delay and an ability to store presets set a new standard in the world of portable PA.

“And since the system is all Mackie…,” remarked Boudreau. “…the technology never gets in the way. A DL/DLM system is extremely easy to use and the advanced features fit naturally into the workflow. New users will get all the benefits right out of the box. After all, we are dedicated to creating technology that empowers the user. We want you to simply plug in and be awesome.”

Mackie’s DL Series digital live sound mixers include the popular DL1608 16-channel mixer and all-new DL806 8-channel mixer, both of which feature total control from the Apple iPad. There’s also the My Fader control app for use with an iPhone or iPod touch. With the ability to mix wirelessly from anywhere in the venue and the best user interface available, DL mixers have proven themselves in the marketplace and have garnered rave reviews from users and industry alike.

DLM Series powered loudspeakers are showing at NAMM for the first time and aim to change the shape of sound with their innovative form factor, hefty power ratings and the first-ever onboard digital mixer with a host of channel mixing tools and system processing. The DLM8 and DLM12 are full-range, 2000W powered loudspeakers with an integrated digital mixer complete with 16 effects and robust system processing. The DLM12S is the companion 2000W subwoofer with ample system protection and processing.

For complete details on Mackie’s DL/DLM live sound system including links to videos, specs and more, visit the Mackie DL/DLM website –Mackie - DLM Powered Loudspeakers: Line-Up

DL Series Digital Live Sound Mixers with iPad Control include the DL1608 and DL806. DLM Series 2000W Powered Loudspeakers include the DLM8 and DLM12 full-range models and the companion DLM12S powered subwoofer. The DL806 will have a RRP Inc. Vat of £719 / €899
Attached Thumbnails
Mackie Delivers Next Level of PA Innovation and Technology with DL/DLM PA System-dl_dlm_rig_stage_thumb_low1.jpg   Mackie Delivers Next Level of PA Innovation and Technology with DL/DLM PA System-dl806_3qtrl_slide_web_thumb_low.jpg   Mackie Delivers Next Level of PA Innovation and Technology with DL/DLM PA System-dl806_3qtrr_docked_web_thumb_low.jpg  
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Not exactly 'breaking news', but interesting nonetheless

Seems that there is some very positive feedback coming through about the DL1608 and coincidentally enough, I was wondering whether anyone had any 'real world' thoughts on the DML12S yet..? 2k from such a small box just 'seems' impossible!

I mean if low-end is all about moving air, then it's hard to see how that's being done from such a small (45 x 41 x 52 cm) enclosure (although I do have QSC K-Subs, so know that 12" speakers can get well down there!) - and if there really is 2k worth of crashing bass coming from that box, how long can it last before shaking itself & components apart..? That onboard DSP circuitry is gong to get a hammering surely?!?!

I'm not knocking or questioning it btw - just trying to get my head around whether it can actually work!
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
in the advent of digital innovations and such.. precision switching amps (class D) are super efficient compared to any Class A, A/B, B and are making compact active boxes a possibility today.. plus internal protective DSP is protecting many drivers from premature burn out.. many plastic composite molded boxes that sound decent, another reality.

check out this vid.. funny
http://youtu.be/Bcwt_hT81SA

if I'm able to pack a small club PA in my Volvo wagon.. I can see immense value in the fact that research and development teams can fuel this way of forward thinking.. plus, the materials used in drivers with more robust metal alloys for magnets and such.. it's all contributing to designs being more compact.
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Yep, thanks for that, I can certainly see where you're coming from (have seen that vid before too! )

It would be nice to hear thoughts coming through from people who have encountered / used this evolving tech in the real world

Oh and yes, again, I'm not sceptical of small PA kit per se - I use QSC K-Subs & K10s for PA and am constantly staggered by it's capabilities - but it seems that it's getting smaller and yet more powerful still! (the DLM12s is close to half the size of a K-Sub, yet double the power )
Old 27th January 2013
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Remember that is 2000 mystery watts, (millionth of a second @1000k?).

Instead of putting a full grill on the ridiculously popular SRM350 (that every other bar band has tortured us with for the last ten years) and updating the look like every other manufacturer has Mackie comes up with some goofy looking cube and throws it down some stairs.
Old 7th February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
“With a DL Series mixer and DLM loudspeakers, you have an extremely powerful and portable PA system with a level of innovation unparalleled at the price point, except for the Behringer X32 line, of course.”
FTFY.
Old 18th April 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
We got our hands on the DLM12 last week, so we made a video showing how the DLM12 stacked up to the JBL PRX612M. https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=Ywu4-2v_ypA
Any thoughts?
Old 18th April 2013
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years

They both sound good in that room (as far as I can tell from compressed audio from the video).

I wonder if there are any actual integration features between mixer and loudspeaker that make the Mackie "more than the sum of parts"....

-tINY

Old 18th April 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSense ➡️
We got our hands on the DLM12 last week, so we made a video showing how the DLM12 stacked up to the JBL PRX612M. https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=Ywu4-2v_ypA
Any thoughts?
Yep, that the phase responses shown and the sound on transients (rim shots, etc.) shows the importance of considering time/phase and the potential benefits in that regard of a coax design.

Of course, since you only recorded in one location and on axis of the speakers it does not really show the off axis responses, that might also be interesting to compare.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…