Quantcast
A&H Mixwiz3 or Soundcraft GB2R - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
A&H Mixwiz3 or Soundcraft GB2R
Old 20th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
A&H Mixwiz3 or Soundcraft GB2R

Both are 16 channel stereo mixers, both are $400 bucks used. Which of these are would be most reliable over the long run.
Old 20th January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
As they're used you won't know for sure, but the MixWiz is probably slightly more robust: I use both Soundcraft and Allen and Heath but I've not used the exact models you mention. I'd probably go for the one that appears to be better looked after if you're in a position to tell.
Old 21st January 2013
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
I have to give my .02 on this, as I owned and A/B both of them. I'd have to pick the GB2R over the A&H for a few reasons. The GB30 mic pres actually sound very good, a lot of head room, and very clean. Also, SoundCraft has a "british style" EQ that sounded nice as well. Another cool thing is the SoundCraft has switchable pre/post directo outs on every mic pre, which can come in hand down the road.

They are both good brands and are both used often. IMO either one will work well for you, but I prefere the SoundCraft, pick your poison.

D
Old 21st January 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Which ever one you buy, I suggest checking it out before you purchase if at all possible.

Check every channel, every fader and every aux knob for noise or scratchy operation.

I just got bit on a used Mizwizard that I didn't take time to check out and discovered it had two bad faders after getting it home. I should have known better.
Old 21st January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Dirkk, I totally agree with you soundwise - my Soundcraft mixer is the M12 and it always gives a really good mix; not that my GL2400 doesn't, but the M12 has the edge for me when I don't need all the channels and routing on the A&H. But for second-hand, I'd think the other issues will be more important, and if one's had less use/abuse than the other I think that would settle it for me.
Old 28th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
thanks for the feedback!
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…