Quantcast
Which mixer has the best effects for live vocals? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Which mixer has the best effects for live vocals?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Which mixer has the best effects for live vocals?

Hi everyone! I just ordered RCF Art 315 Active speakers and I'm looking for a mixer that has good built in effects (reverb, delay) preferably something a little cheaper would be enough, 5-6 channels is enough for me, the effects are the main consideration. I really like the lexicon ones, but I only found them in dynacords so far, and those are a little too expensive. Thanks for all the answers in advance
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick.r ➡️
Hi everyone! I just ordered RCF Art 315 Active speakers and I'm looking for a mixer that has good built in effects (reverb, delay) preferably something a little cheaper would be enough, 5-6 channels is enough for me, the effects are the main consideration. I really like the lexicon ones, but I only found them in dynacords so far, and those are a little too expensive. Thanks for all the answers in advance
Soundcraft Notepad has Lexicon effects:
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzgitter ➡️
Soundcraft Notepad has Lexicon effects:
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
I agree with the recommendation for Soundcraft; however, I would spend a little more and get this instead: https://www.soundcraft.com/en/products/signature-12

The reasons are:
  1. More channels (you will always find you need more than you thought)
  2. Sweepable mid eq on each channel allows much better channel equalization and/or feedback notching than a standard fixed eq.
  3. Faders on all channels
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I have a small Allen & Heath mixer that I use for headphone mixes. It allows me to add comfort reverb without recording it and without latency. Allen & Heath's built in effects sound pretty good and you get all kinds of reverbs and delays. It would make a nice PA system if you paired it with powered speakers.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Please provide the sum of the gear you presently own and plan to use. Mics and monitoring are generally considered critical elements along with a litany of elements in the capture and processing that need to occur well before any plug in embellishment with FX occurs. As an example, the ability to run @ 96K sample rate vastly improves most all FX applications. I am working with a SQ5 with the 5 optional comp package and for live performance the std, FX works as well or better than the best plug ins from my Waves system or my previous AU gear. Find a reputable dealer that will work with your needs and budget and audition the available choices.
I agree with Al Rodgers, the A&H gear tends to be very dependable and IMO the SQ5 offers world class 96K processing at a very affordable price point. Sound craft gear is not in the same "area code" with the SQ5's FPGA xcvi core processing. This is clearly a case of getting what you pay for! If you are in the basement entry level budget status try one of the cheap used Behringer small rigs. They are dirt cheap on the secondary market.
Hugh
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I have the soundcraft ui24r and I really like it. However, the only thing the “lexicon” reverb in that board have in common with what you think about when you hear lexicon is the logo. The inexpensive soundcraft analog mixers are probably using a very similar set of effects.

The reverbs and delays in the behringer x18 are pretty good. I tend to not use a ton of reverb or delay in my live mixes, but when I have used those or the ones on the x32, I have been happy with the sound.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…