anyone get a soundcraft ui16 yet? - Page 88 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
anyone get a soundcraft ui16 yet?
Old 4th October 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlecSp ➡️
Sounds pretty normal for most bands...
Yes, even the manual might say something about this: almost nobody plays as loud in a soundcheck as they do once the music starts for real.
Old 14th October 2018 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
With the latest firmware and the previous one, I have an issue that has just popped up a couple of weeks ago.... it's like the HTML server is misbehaving. I've seen the behavior on iPad Safari and Chrome and on Android Chrome.

Some times the backing graphics are missing and are just black. Sometimes the only visible part of a channel is the level LED. Switching orientation seems to accelerate the problems.

Sometimes error messages pop up about trying to get page properties that are null. Sometimes a big message pops up about the browser not supporting WebSockets and the whole GUI is gone.

Sometimes refreshing the page fixes things for a while... sometimes it doesn't.

Has anyone else been having problems like these?

Mark
Old 15th October 2018 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
I'm no longer sure it is a problem on Android. Once the iOS device stopped interacting with it I think the android devices I tried worked. So now I suspect iOS 12.0.x, which I updated to this week. Things worked fine with 11.4.1. Naturally you can restore back to 11.4.1 now.

If you're reading this and haven't already updated to 12, I'd wait. If you did update to iOS 12 and it is working for you ui12/16, please let me know!
Old 15th October 2018
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Haven't noticed this on Android, but OS and/or browser updates would generally seem more of a risk to break a HTML based control app forcing an update to the HTML firmware to get it functioning correctly again.
Old 15th October 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I continue to be sceptical with the whole HTML browser interface concept. While, in theory, it is tremendously device-independent, it does appear to have a degree of fragility and dependence on subtle features within each device/browser...
Old 15th October 2018
Here for the gear
Join the Facebook group for Ui16/24

Join the Facebook group for Ui16/24. plenty of users and educated opinions there.
Old 17th October 2018
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Update: I have two of the same model iPads (Air 1, Wi-Fi) connected at the same time. One with 12.0.1 and one with 10.x... and they behave differently. The problem is apparently with iOS 12. Hold off on that update until there is a new firmware to support iOS 12 correctly.
Old 22nd March 2021 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Can walwart be put inside the Ui12 also?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by elitourbina ➡️
The UI12 is fairly small, so I'd be surprised if there was room for the PSU inside. Though, depending on how creative you got, it might be possible.

Why not open it up and take a look at how much space there is?
S21
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by elitourbina ➡️
Just tape or cable-tie it to the outside, under the bracket on the right.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…