TouchDaw Android App - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
TouchDaw Android App
Old 22nd January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
TouchDaw Android App

Hey guys!
I recently searched the Google play store on my phone. I found TouchDaw - an app that allows you to control your daw from your phone over a network.
I was skeptical but bought the app. After struggling to get it working I got there and was impressed with the app. It controlled Presonus Studio One perfectly and even shows the levels and names of the tracks playing on my phone.

It is however a bit fiddly to use due to being on a phone. There is a tablet mode and there's a video of someone using a Kindle fire and it looks really good in tablet mode. Wondered if anyone here on slutz uses TouchDaw with a tablet? Seriously considering getting a Nexus 7 now. Always liked the idea of having a daw controller similar to a Lemur but never wanted to pay the price for something that serves only that purpose. Where as a nexus is multi purpose. Any thoughts?

Sent from my GT-I9070P
Old 22nd January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetp ➡️
Hey guys!
I recently searched the Google play store on my phone. I found TouchDaw - an app that allows you to control your daw from your phone over a network.
I was skeptical but bought the app. After struggling to get it working I got there and was impressed with the app. It controlled Presonus Studio One perfectly and even shows the levels and names of the tracks playing on my phone.

It is however a bit fiddly to use due to being on a phone. There is a tablet mode and there's a video of someone using a Kindle fire and it looks really good in tablet mode. Wondered if anyone here on slutz uses TouchDaw with a tablet? Seriously considering getting a Nexus 7 now. Always liked the idea of having a daw controller similar to a Lemur but never wanted to pay the price for something that serves only that purpose. Where as a nexus is multi purpose. Any thoughts?

Sent from my GT-I9070P
Works great here on Nexus7
Old 22nd January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I have it loaded on my Kindle Fire, but have only used it once. Seemed to work ok.
Old 23rd January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Does anyone use the app with big mixing sessions? Talking 30-40 tracks type thing. If so, how does the app do? Is it useable?
Old 27th June 2015
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
I'm interested in this. Anyone used touch daw extensively? Currently thinking of just getting a cheap tablet (mb used) and using touch daw instead of a daw controller (which would keep costs sub 100€).
📝 Reply