The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Hi from the Danish Kanye West!
Old 26th November 2022
Hi from the Danish Kanye West!

Hello everybody. Sorry for the clickbait, but if you're reading this, I guess it worked. I finally joined the Gearspace forum after having stumbled upon it many years ago.

I have been making music for some 20 years and I mainly do urban/hip hop/rap stuff, but with a commercial / pop sound to it. I've been rapping for the majority of these years and producing my own tracks (as well as for others) for the past 15 years.

I work in Logic X and love it and recently I have upgraded to a hybrid studio with a Neve Orbit summing mixer, SSL Fusion and the SSL BUS+ running into my Apollo's. I totally love this setup.

I can't wait to participate in the forum discussions ASAP

Here is a brief rundown of my career:

The narrative flow over melodic productions, the main emphasis on meaningful lyrics, and the complete indifference to common rap recipes and hip hop codex. All parallels between Danish FredNukes and American Kanye West. Both are producer and rapper, and both have an unmistakable contempt for rap clichés. The comparison is straightforward, but there is no doubt that when it comes down to it, Frederik Laursen only sounds like FredNukes.

Freds career began taking off, when his debut album “Deconstructing Fred" became the most critically acclaimed Danish hip hop album in 2007 and critics compared Fred to great international artists such as Kanye West and The Streets. Danish radio P3 chose to playlist both singles from the album: "One Way or Another" & "Girls Vs. The Lady ”. This year, he was also included as a member of the very successful hip hop collective, Nobody beats the beats.

In 2008, he performed at Roskilde Festival and Langelandsfestivalen for the first time and also played at some of the coolest concert venues in the country, such as Store Vega, Train (among other bands as a warm-up for American Cool Kids), Rust m.m.

Over the years, Fred has worked with a wide range of Danish artists, such as: Outlandish, Wafande, Niarn, Ataf, Street Mass, Joey Moe, Nellie Ettison, Pilfinger, Nobody Beats the Beats, Gisli, Pede B. In addition, he received great reviews for his efforts on the Danish compilation "Gadeplan (2004)”, on which he had produced a large part of the record.

2011 offered a record contract with: labelmade: (which houses Medina and Outlandish) and a 10-day Germany tour with Medina. The following year, his EP, "Matching Sweaters" was released by the same label in November.

After this, Fred went into a hiatus, to figure out where to take his music next. This resulted in an absence from the music scene for 8 years. But now he is back telling stories again and ready to share new music with the world.

Since 2020, Fred has been releasing singles under his newly founded independent imprint/label, A year and some change and is currently working on finishing his sophomore album, which is currently for for a release in q2 of 2023.

Internationally, he has made music with Dilated Peoples, Guilty Simpson, Defari, Craig G, Fashawn, The World Famous Tony Williams (Kanye West's cousin), Little Vic, UNI and most recently 88-Keys (best known for his collaboration with Kanye West, who executive produced his debut album "The Death of Adam ”).

If you're interested, my music can be found here:
https://www.flowcode.com/page/frednukes
Old 26th November 2022
Lives for gear

Should we call you “Je”?
Old 26th November 2022
Lives for gear

😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂
Old 29th November 2022 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob 28 ➡️
Should we call you “Je”?
I'd prefer FrYe, if that's alright
Old 3rd December 2022
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNukes ➡️
Hello everybody. Sorry for the clickbait, but if you're reading this, I guess it worked. I finally joined the Gearspace forum after having stumbled upon it many years ago.

I have been making music for some 20 years and I mainly do urban/hip hop/rap stuff, but with a commercial / pop sound to it. I've been rapping for the majority of these years and producing my own tracks (as well as for others) for the past 15 years.

I work in Logic X and love it and recently I have upgraded to a hybrid studio with a Neve Orbit summing mixer, SSL Fusion and the SSL BUS+ running into my Apollo's. I totally love this setup.

I can't wait to participate in the forum discussions ASAP

Here is a brief rundown of my career:

The narrative flow over melodic productions, the main emphasis on meaningful lyrics, and the complete indifference to common rap recipes and hip hop codex. All parallels between Danish FredNukes and American Kanye West. Both are producer and rapper, and both have an unmistakable contempt for rap clichés. The comparison is straightforward, but there is no doubt that when it comes down to it, Frederik Laursen only sounds like FredNukes.

Freds career began taking off, when his debut album “Deconstructing Fred" became the most critically acclaimed Danish hip hop album in 2007 and critics compared Fred to great international artists such as Kanye West and The Streets. Danish radio P3 chose to playlist both singles from the album: "One Way or Another" & "Girls Vs. The Lady ”. This year, he was also included as a member of the very successful hip hop collective, Nobody beats the beats.

In 2008, he performed at Roskilde Festival and Langelandsfestivalen for the first time and also played at some of the coolest concert venues in the country, such as Store Vega, Train (among other bands as a warm-up for American Cool Kids), Rust m.m.

Over the years, Fred has worked with a wide range of Danish artists, such as: Outlandish, Wafande, Niarn, Ataf, Street Mass, Joey Moe, Nellie Ettison, Pilfinger, Nobody Beats the Beats, Gisli, Pede B. In addition, he received great reviews for his efforts on the Danish compilation "Gadeplan (2004)”, on which he had produced a large part of the record.

2011 offered a record contract with: labelmade: (which houses Medina and Outlandish) and a 10-day Germany tour with Medina. The following year, his EP, "Matching Sweaters" was released by the same label in November.

After this, Fred went into a hiatus, to figure out where to take his music next. This resulted in an absence from the music scene for 8 years. But now he is back telling stories again and ready to share new music with the world.

Since 2020, Fred has been releasing singles under his newly founded independent imprint/label, A year and some change and is currently working on finishing his sophomore album, which is currently for for a release in q2 of 2023.

Internationally, he has made music with Dilated Peoples, Guilty Simpson, Defari, Craig G, Fashawn, The World Famous Tony Williams (Kanye West's cousin), Little Vic, UNI and most recently 88-Keys (best known for his collaboration with Kanye West, who executive produced his debut album "The Death of Adam ”).

If you're interested, my music can be found here:
https://www.flowcode.com/page/frednukes
Lets play
Old 4 weeks ago
Greetings FredNukes

Welcome to Gearspace!
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…