Quantcast
Introducing my self by Amicus curiae - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Introducing my self by Amicus curiae
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Introducing my self by Amicus curiae

Hi, I'm a retired radio and tv journalist, tv and radio entertainment scriptwriter and a media and entertainment entrepreneur, and author of half a dozen humorous books.

I am about as tech savvy as a bucketful of wet sand.

Started my radio career more than 40 yrs ago, when tape Nagra was the dog's bollocks, and studio recoders were Studers the size of a drying washing machine.

These days I'm setting out to make (record my Good self reading) audio books from some of my books, and perhaps I'll also try my hand at a kinda podcast thing.

Currently having a Mac ecosystem, a late 2016 MBP with the touch bar, and an older 15" MBP. The newer runs Monterey, the elder bro Big Sur.

Audiogearwise I've got an Antelope Audio Zen Tour Synergy Core Thunderbolt interface - the aphocryphal, vile, and pep-annihilating, virtual connecting matrix of which I vehemently and daily hate. That is no joke. That software will do me in, I'm certain.

My native language is Finnish, and there is no better language for swearing. - And owning the Antelope box with the unfathomably complicated, ultra-aggravating connecting matrix depletes all my expletivitary resources in about 15 minutes.

I also possess a couple of broadcast quality headsets and an Antelope Edge modeling mic. Those I do not hate.

My dream is to be able to record mine own speaking voice from the broadcasting headset, via and using the Zen Tour Synergy Core's internal plugins, to Logic Pro X.

I suspect I will run after this unaccessible dream for the rest of my life.

That's how it feels now, at least. If you know of a web video *course* on Zen Tour Synergy Core - let me know. I did spot one once, but lost thej details and now can't find it.

(BTW, Antelope's Mr. Ivey's free mini-videotutorials are too fast and too advanced for me to benefit from them. Plus the gear OR the DAW is always something other than mine, in them. Never Zen Tour SC + Logic.)

May your endeavours have a happier outcome!

Oh yeah.

P.S. To calm my nerves from audiosoftware-induced rage I play drums.

A. c., a geezer but not too old. Yet.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Greetings from the great white north!!
Old 1 week ago
Greetings Amicus curiae

Welcome to Gearspace!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
@ Amicus curiae welcome and what's your real name?
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…