The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Do the new UA La2as need rewiring to work with 230v?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Do the new UA La2as need rewiring to work with 230v?

Hi people!

This is my first post here in gearslutz, it´s been a couple of years i´ve been reading articles here and i´ve learned a lot of you guys so first of all thanks a lot!

I wanted to ask you if you know if today´s UA La2a needs rewiring to work with 230v or the company has implemented an universal transformer like other of their equipment have such as the apollos.
The last article on the subject here is like ten years old, and rewiring was necessary for those, but I couldnt find any information regarding the new units os these days so maybe one of you people knows if there has been an update since then?
Next month i´ll be receiving it, I´m so excited that I´m already wanting to solve all the obstacles I may encounter before putting up that nice little switch! I want to take it out of the box, do everything that has to be done asap and start compressing!
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Just realized I posted my question in the introductions area! So...
Hello everyone, I´m from argentina, and have my little sound studio in Cordoba called Tepui.
As you all I´m crazy about sound gear and sound, everyday trying to learn, it´s been a nice (faders) ride so far!
Cheers!

About my question, is it alright to post it here or should I put it elsewhere in the page?

Love and peace, and may your music sound glorious

David
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
There is no universal transformer, so yes you need to rewire it for 230v.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by plexi ➡️
There is no universal transformer, so yes you need to rewire it for 230v.
Thank you !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibenaldi ➡️
Just realized I posted my question in the introductions area! So...
Hello everyone, I´m from argentina, and have my little sound studio in Cordoba called Tepui.
As you all I´m crazy about sound gear and sound, everyday trying to learn, it´s been a nice (faders) ride so far!
Cheers!

About my question, is it alright to post it here or should I put it elsewhere in the page?

Love and peace, and may your music sound glorious

David
I see that you reposted it in the right section.

Have fun!
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru ➡️
I see that you reposted it in the right section.

Have fun!
Thank you mate! I am having a thrill for sure! You must have seen my second post which is similar to this one but about another conpressor thats also coming and that ill have to deal in a similar way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibenaldi ➡️
Thank you mate! I am having a thrill for sure! You must have seen my second post which is similar to this one but about another conpressor thats also coming and that ill have to deal in a similar way!
Yep, saw that one too.

Glad you are enjoying the site. Have fun!
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru ➡️
Yep, saw that one too.

Glad you are enjoying the site. Have fun!
Thank you so much!

This is just so great!
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…