The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New Member In L.A.
Old 5th March 2021
Here for the gear

New Member In L.A.

Hello GS,

I'm Brandon from L.A. I've found helpful info and very interesting discussions here over the years, and felt that now was the time finally to join. Lately, I've found discussions on acoustic treatment, preamps, and SDCs especially of interest.

I'm a musician/writer, and have allowed myself to slide on the technical side. Recently I decided it was the time to change, and have begun investing in the tools to help better express my ideas.

Now I'm gathering acoustic panels to outfit my work spaces, upgrading storage, and slowly choosing a few pieces of nice hardware to round out my go-to gear.

Mainly I record vocals and my upright piano, using samples or synths for the rest. I struggle to crisply describe the style of my work, but I tend toward an acoustic+ aesthetic with a fondness for the 'air' and depth of live jazz recordings.

My gear:

2x Rode NTK (1 with Telefunken E88cc tube)
2x Shure SM81LC
1x Shure SM7B + Cloudlifter

2x ART Prochannel (1st gen)

In the pipeline: Forssell SMP-2B preamp

Pro Tools 12, w/Digi 003 & mainly stock plugins, except for Ample Bass Upright VST + PSP Xenon limiter plugin. I'd like to add a few more key mixing/mastering plugins eventually.

Good to meet everyone!

- Brandon
Old 5th March 2021
Greetings Angeleno Kid,

Welcome to the community!🎤🎙🎵
Old 5th March 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Welcome @ Angeleno Kid and where can your music be listened to?
Old 6th March 2021
Here for the gear

Thanks Synth Guru and boombapdame. The welcome feels good. As for track links... that's kind of what nudged me down the acoustics rabbit hole. I've been disappointed with my mixes so many times; it finally dawned on me that the one thing I hadn't addressed was sound treatment.

That's a long way of saying that I don't have any tracks up, but I will. In the meantime, I hope you'll bear with me as I get my recording and mixing environment in order.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…