Quantcast
Greetings from Canada (and sometimes a tour bus) - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Greetings from Canada (and sometimes a tour bus)
Old 16th January 2019
Here for the gear

Greetings from Canada (and sometimes a tour bus)

Hey everyone,

I've been a long time lurker on these forums so I figured I'd create a profile and say hello! My name is Chris LeMasters - I play guitar/tour in a metal/rock band called Hundred Suns (myself + members of Norma Jean and Every Time I Die -shameless plug...), and I'm also the Artist Relations Director over at Positive Grid!

You can check Hundred Suns out here, if you're interested (is it lame for me to post this video here? Let me know if it is, haha - if so, apologies in advance):

I've played guitar for most of my life and have been touring internationally since I was about 18. I also dabble in drums (I've found myself behind the kit on a couple records, including my old bands first label release on Rise Records: Dead and Divine - The Fanciful if you're into that kind of stuff!), and I have an unhealthy obsession with cool synths/things of that nature.

I record a lot - though I'm certainly not a pro (by ANY stretch) - so I'm super interested in that world and would love to get better/learn more. I'm always down to chat gear, recording, touring, etc and I'm really looking forward to getting to know y'all!

Cheers,
Old 16th January 2019
Greetings ChrisLemasters,

Welcome to Gearslutz!

You probably will enjoy this forum:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-m...o-little-time/

Have fun.
Old 16th January 2019
Lives for gear

90 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Hi Chris! Welcome to Gearslutz

Like the sound. Great energy. Woke me up a bit (good thing).
Best, Arthur : D
Old 18th January 2019
Here for the gear

Welcome Chris! I am a big fan of HS and glad to see you here. I actually sent you a PM on IG just before seeing your post here. I am buying some heads for the studio and love your tone. Especially Amaranthine. What was your chain? I’ve got Bias2 and BiasFx for pre-production and it has been working great so far.
Old 1st February 2019
Here for the gear

Hey everyone,

Whoah - thanks for the warm welcome! Synth Guru: I'll definitely check that out, I appreciate the recommendation.

Arthur - Hahaha, thank you man. Glad you enjoyed. There's some mellower tunes on that record (December, Infinite Winter) that may have the opposite effect if you ever need it.

Danny - Hey dude! I used a BUNCH of stuff in the studio, so I can't recall exactly what I used for that specific song but I know I tracked it using a preset I created in BIAS AMP 2 + a tube screamer. Guitar-wise, I tracked that song with my LTD SCT607-B with Fishman Modern Fluences (full disclosure: I do officially endorse them BUT I couldn't recommend them more, man. Honestly. They're absolutely incredible pickups). But yeah, BA2 and BFX are killer, especially when you pair them up. I usually build my amps in BA2, and then - instead of running BFX AND BA2 - I just load up BIAS FX, import the amp that I built in BIAS AMP 2, and then I'm off. I'll usually drop a boost in front because that's just what I dig in real life - I find it helps add a sliiiiiiight bit of bite and when you find the right boost pedal + amplifier gain combination, it's really pleasing. I'm going to be uploading more Hundred Suns presets soon as we're beginning to demo/track the new record. I'm also working on a new custom model with Balaguer Guitars, so keep an eye out for that! It's gonna rip.

Thanks again for being so inviting y'all! Looking forward to being more active on the forum. Feel free to direct me to any cool posts that you think I might dig! Would really appreciate it.

Cheers,
Old 5th February 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Welcome @ ChrisLemasters and who are some modern metal bands worth listening to?
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…