Quantcast
Your movie reviews - Page 35 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Your movie reviews
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
I thought the Dune remake would be the first movie I see in theaters this year, but it turns out Don't Breathe 2 is coming out next month and it's got the same director as the first one, so there's little chance of it sucking. I just watched the trailer and it looks awesome.
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp ➑️
I thought the Dune remake would be the first movie I see in theaters this year, but it turns out Don't Breathe 2 is coming out next month and it's got the same director as the first one, so there's little chance of it sucking. I just watched the trailer and it looks awesome.
Scary movie?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
The Tomorrow War.

Cool creatures. The CGi now is off the charts.

Ok story. It's swiss cheese, cuz there's more than a few holes in it.

2:18 runtime, and I didn't fall asleep. So there's that.

B-
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
@ brockorama

Good review. Concise. Hit key parameters.

A+
Quote:
Originally Posted by brockorama ➑️
The Tomorrow War.

Cool creatures. The CGi now is off the charts.

Ok story. It's swiss cheese, cuz there's more than a few holes in it.

2:18 runtime, and I didn't fall asleep. So there's that.

B-
I watched the film last evening. I was rated at 6.8 stars. It was damn good, being a sci-fi aficcionado, this film hits the sweet spot. Good actors, damn good special FX.

I usually rewatch movies that I like a few times per year. This one was so good that I'm gonna rewatch it tonight! :-)

Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru ➑️
Scary movie?
Nah, think of it more like an old-fashioned revenge thriller like Rolling Thunder, I Spit On Your Grave, or Death Proof. In the first one, some kids try to rob a blind man, and the guy isn't putting up with that sh*t. It's extremely intense because the old man has great hearing and isn't afraid to get nasty. The ending makes a sequel plausible, but from the trailer, it looks like they're going to take a different direction with it anyway. The first one was highly-rated (I know I'm weird, but I usually agree with Rotten Tomatoes and what critics have to say about a movie) and since it's the same group directing and producing, I have high expectations for the sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp ➑️
Nah, think of it more like an old-fashioned revenge thriller like Rolling Thunder, I Spit On Your Grave, or Death Proof. In the first one, some kids try to rob a blind man, and the guy isn't putting up with that sh*t. It's extremely intense because the old man has great hearing and isn't afraid to get nasty. The ending makes a sequel plausible, but from the trailer, it looks like they're going to take a different direction with it anyway. The first one was highly-rated (I know I'm weird, but I usually agree with Rotten Tomatoes and what critics have to say about a movie) and since it's the same group directing and producing, I have high expectations for the sequel.

I may have watched the first movie, but I can't say for sure.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowman9 ➑️
Beyond wasn't as good as the previous sequels. I won't spoil it for but I'll say being a Beastie Boys fan might help to enjoy the movie more.
It's also eerily prophetic how the subject matter of the story ties in with current events of the last year.
Overall though there's an aspect of silliness to it that irked me. I have a sense of humor and enjoy absurdist humor but sometimes it can be taken a bit too far.

I saw it in the theater and the special effects were nice on the big screen but don't translate to TV as well as they could. Similar to the Transformers movies where mechanical effects just look like a bunch of random jagged angular shapes with no real definition sometimes.
I think the new ST movies suck in the extreme, even worse than most of the earlier ones, most of which weren't very good either. ST just doesn't translate well to the big screen. The original ST, Next Generation, and even Voyager series were all far better than the movies. In fact, the only ST movie I thought was a legit good movie was Wrath of Khan, and that's mostly because of a stellar performance by Montalban, who I'd even go as far as saying should have gotten at least an Oscar nomination. Great actor.

Anyway -

Speaking of bad sci fi, last movie I watched, or tried to watch, was Sphere, starring Dustin Hoffman. Why someone would cast him in a sci fi movie I'll never know but it really sucked.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

A local group of people put on bad movie nights most Wednesdays at 6:30 eastern time, and they are pretty bad.

Tonight is Nudist Colony Of The Dead: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102564/

I don't know where you can watch it but you can try it here:

https://www.twitch.tv/ottawabadmovienights

I tried watching online once and was put off by the live comments along the side.

In normal times they show the films for free in a small theatre in our main library branch, and I went to see The Abominable Doctor Phibes- I love that film! The theatre was almost full, and everyone goes along with the campy theme of the event.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I never liked any of the Star Trek movies. I though they were excuses to make movies and capitalize on the brand rather than making truly great movies. To me the plots were uninventive and the movies were full of cliche's, boring dialog, soso acting and of course special effects which to me do not redeem a movie no matter how cool they may be.

I admit, I have not seen all of them because after a few I was done wasting my time. If I missed a good one - so be it. I do not feel like I am missing anything.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Trust me you aren't.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

'Memento' was on TV last night, second time I've seen it...It's such a brilliant all round piece of film making IMO.
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…