The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Your movie reviews
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by brockorama ➡️
There wasn't one exciting scene in stowaway. imo...

I love sci fi. I don't watch it for the pretty sets.

In gravity, at least they got caught outside in a junk storm.

They skipped across the station moving 17k per hour and barely survived their spacewalk.

They could have at least had someone succumb to decompression

Oh well ....to each their own. I'm picky with sci fi flicks.

I did like the doc from punky brewster's soleil called Kid90. Good Doc.
I thought the CME storm was excellently done.

True, different strokes for different folks when it comes to Sci-Fi. I can't wait for the new Dune movie to come out!
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Yesterday I watched the movie Mortal Kombat on fmovie.vip. In general, I liked the film, but as if something was missing. It all started very quickly. There was always a lot of commotion and very little communication. Yes, I missed a little more dialogue, communication in this film. The battle scenes are very spectacular and relaxed, for this, I give all ten points. The idea is also exciting, fighting good and evil. I hope that the second part will be more exciting and more profound. I think they will correct their mistakes and the second part will be really cool. So that, I think everyone will want to watch this movie, and that's fine because the game has become so popular.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Anthony Hopkins gives a masterclass in "The Father".

I knew nothing of this movie before the oscar win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddlewalt ➡️
Yesterday I watched the movie Mortal Kombat. In general, I liked it, but as if something was missing.
Thanks for reminding me. I'm going to watch it tomorrow. Looking forward to a little rest and a little fun!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Some quality programming on UK terrestrial TV today...on BBC2, as I speak, the masterpiece that is 'Citizen Kane'...unfortunately ITV2 are showing 'Uncle Buck' at the exact same time...those ITV bods certainly know how to compete.
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by clump ➡️
...those ITV bods certainly know how to compete.
Here in the colonies, during the Super Bowl the whole rest of the TV dial will be Meg Ryan movies and "Notting Hill."
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru ➡️
I'm super stoked! Today I learned that Mortal Kombat 2021 is being released this month!

I love Mortal Kombat and have always been a super fan. Some of the older films are a little cheesy but I enjoy them just the same.

Can't wait!

At first, I thought I may not like the movie but it felt as though it kept getting better and better. Yes! It certainly hit the sweet spot for me. I really enjoyed the film. It had some good humor, great fighting scenes, the plot (same as the previous films) Earth warriors fighting to the death against evil villains from another dimension. Oriental martial arts type theme.

Oh yeah, LOTS of blood and guts! 😮

If you are a fan of the Mortal Kombat franchise, you're in for a treat! 👍
I watched the movie titled Tenet

I was quite disappointed with this film. Have you ever seen a video clip that is reversed? Well that's pretty much was happens throughout the entire movie. Cars going backward, explosions where the rubble is reassembled into buildings. It get's old very fast and frankly it was very annoying!

Supposedly people from the future travel back in time and vise versa. It's just bad. Don't waste your time.

Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru ➡️
Tenet
Christopher Nolan movies are so hit-or-miss for me, but the public loves them. I honestly don't understand why everybody was so gaga over Inception. If you've read a book or two in your life, you know exactly how it's going to end, and the dreamworld playland idea was already done perfectly in The Cell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp ➡️
Christopher Nolan movies are so hit-or-miss for me, but the public loves them. I honestly don't understand why everybody was so gaga over Inception. If you've read a book or two in your life, you know exactly how it's going to end, and the dreamworld playland idea was already done perfectly in The Cell.
Agreed. I didn't like Inception all that much but it's much better than Tenet.

Ohh the Cell, that was a wicked movie!
Lives for gear

Never watched this silly movie before. I remember when it was in the movies and everyone in school was constantly repeating jokes from it that I didn't get because I didn't see it. Now all those jokes finally make sense to me. I figured I'd better watch it before it gets memory-holed.

And it was funny as fu*k! So much slapstick and one-liners plus huge helpings of the totally absurd.
Leslie Nielson RIP was truly hysterical and a master of the bumbling, hapless, half-wit comedic character.

Now I need to watch all the sequels!

Best scene: shooting his out of control car
Worst scene: baseball decapitation looked so fake.

Great laugh-a-minute flick that seems to end too soon.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowman9 ➡️

Never watched this silly movie before. I remember when it was in the movies and everyone in school was constantly repeating jokes from it that I didn't get because I didn't see it. Now all those jokes finally make sense to me. I figured I'd better watch it before it gets memory-holed.

And it was funny as fu*k! So much slapstick and one-liners plus huge helpings of the totally absurd.
Leslie Nielson RIP was truly hysterical and a master of the bumbling, hapless, half-wit comedic character.

Best scene: shooting his out of control car
Worst scene: baseball decapitation looked so fake.

Great laugh-a-minute flick that seems to end too soon.
We saw the first one shortly after my dad died, a long time ago. I needed to see that film at that time. The baseball bloopers was my favourite part. I also loved when they asked the pianist in the restaurant to play their favourite song It's weird seeing OJ in those movies though.

The Airplane movies are just as good, if not better.
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
The coolest thing about the Naked Gun movies for me was Leslie Nielsen "transitioning" from the supposedly "serious" actor to this. Pre-Naked Gun I worked with him a few times doing ADR and narrations and he was one of the funniest people I had ever met.
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowman9 ➡️
And the prequel series!

Naked Gun is based on Police Squad. It's only six episodes long, but my GOD is it funny! Some of the jokes and gags from this get reused in the Naked Gun movies, so definitely try to catch this before seeing the sequels so these jokes will be fresh. It's worth it just for the end credits gags alone.
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp ➡️
And the prequel series!

Naked Gun is based on Police Squad. It's only six episodes long, but my GOD is it funny! Some of the jokes and gags from this get reused in the Naked Gun movies, so definitely try to catch this before seeing the sequels so these jokes will be fresh. It's worth it just for the end credits gags alone.
I was just going to post that as well!!

It predates The Naked Gun movies by a bit over half a decade and I think it's way more funny that the movies. From what I understand the network canceled the show because they thought it required too much attention and thinking from the audience.

Only six episodes - but those are gold!

PS: "Airplane" and "Top Secret" by the same creators are also among my top comedies.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn ➡️
The coolest thing about the Naked Gun movies for me was Leslie Nielsen "transitioning" from the supposedly "serious" actor to this. Pre-Naked Gun I worked with him a few times doing ADR and narrations and he was one of the funniest people I had ever met.
You can't forget that he was the captain of the space ship in Forbidden Planet. He sure didn't look like what I've come to expect.

His brother was a cabinet minister in the federal government. They were both born in the Yukon, which is an odd place for an actor/movie star to come from.
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInOttawa ➡️
They were both born in the Yukon, which is an odd place for an actor/movie star to come from.
The Yukon seems like a place you might want to be "from."
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

I can tell you my opinion about the film Gentlemen. He recently watched this movie online. And I can say this, in the beginning, it's pretty boring. But by the middle of the film, when the Coach and his boys appear, it becomes much cooler. I think the Coach is the highlight of this movie. Colin Farrell in this role looked very cool, although I believe that he was given little screen time. The shooting itself and the script are at the highest level. The dialogues reveal the characters one hundred percent. What I like about this movie is the English accent. It's just gorgeous. If you want to watch a good comedy movie with a great plot, be sure to watch this movie...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
"Little Fishes"

A virus takes away all your memories.

A good Love story.

A-
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
You can't forget that he was the captain of the space ship in Forbidden Planet. He sure didn't look like what I've come to expect.
The first movie I spotted him in that wasn't a comedy was The Poseidon Adventure (which is an excellent movie regardless of its age). Seeing him in serious roles seems so out of place, but he was good at those, too. That's what inspired the makers to toss him into Police Squad was that he had no experience in comedy, so he could pull off deadpan humor with ease. He's such an incredibly talented man, and it's a shame that the world lost him.
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
"Little Fishes"

A good Love story.

A-
This sounds right up my alley. There's a movie with a similar setup called Perfect Sense that you might like. It's about a couple trying to keep their relationship going while everybody in the world at the same time loses each of the five senses one sense at a time. One of the more memorable scenes happens when everybody loses their sense of smell, so people try to find a replacement for it in unusual ways. For instance, in this scene, somebody is playing a violin in an attempt to capture the smell of autumn.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
"Little Fishes"

A good Love story.

A-

A sequel is in the works about virus that takes away all our toilet paper.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fay Smearing ➡️
A sequel is in the works about virus that takes away all our toilet paper.
"No Square To Spare"

In theatres late summer
Old 15 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Finally watched Weekend at Bernies.

With that weekend at Biden's meme going around it occurred to me that I never saw the actual movie. So I managed to find a DVD of it and watched it. It's a truly demented but hilarious flick. It meshed well with my sense of humor and I enjoyed every minute of it.
Old 56 minutes ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:

His brother was a cabinet minister in the federal government. They were both born in the Yukon, which is an odd place for an actor/movie star to come from.
Forbidden Planet was 1956...it shows how long Nielsen was in the business before his seemingly improbable career shift as a deadpan funnyman extraordinaire.

Also notable - Forbidden Planet had the first totally electronic soundtrack, composed by Bebe and Louis Barron.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…