The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Your movie reviews
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #901
I'm super stoked! Today I learned that Mortal Kombat 2021 is being released this month!

I love Mortal Kombat and have always been a super fan. Some of the older films are a little cheesy but I enjoy them just the same.

Can't wait!




Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #902
Gear Guru
 
Derp's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru ➡️
I'm super stoked! Today I learned that Mortal Kombat 2021 is being released this month!

I love Mortal Kombat and have always been a super fan. Some of the older films are a little cheesy but I enjoy them just the same.

Can't wait!
I'm stoked, too! The first MK movie was a huge part of my childhood. I was obsessed with the soundtrack especially. And then a lot of the later games got really intense with the mythologies. If you get a chance, the PS2 game Mortal Kombat: Armageddon. It's got an RPG game in there that lets you explore the different realms and learn the mythology a bit better. It's absolutely crazy how much has been written into this storyline over the years.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp ➡️
I'm stoked, too! The first MK movie was a huge part of my childhood. I was obsessed with the soundtrack especially. And then a lot of the later games got really intense with the mythologies. If you get a chance, the PS2 game Mortal Kombat: Armageddon. It's got an RPG game in there that lets you explore the different realms and learn the mythology a bit better. It's absolutely crazy how much has been written into this storyline over the years.
I have two CD's of the MK soundtrack. Great music for lifting weights! Back in the day I had a MK PC game, it was loads of fun but it came and went as computer technology advanced and I could no longer play it due to newer versions of Windows not supporting the program. :-(
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #904
Gear Guru
 
Derp's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru ➡️
I have two CD's of the MK soundtrack. Great music for lifting weights! Back in the day I had a MK PC game, it was loads of fun but it came and went as computer technology advanced and I could no longer play it due to newer versions of Windows not supporting the program. :-(
I've still got my PS3 and one of the games I have on it is the MK Arcade Trilogy (the actual three games, not the weird Trilogy game that came out in '96 where they lumped everything together.) I'll boot it up occasionally and tbh, they haven't aged that well. I might just be saying that because I'm bitter about how I've always sucked at fighting games, though.

Edit: Did some research and the director is new to cinema, but he did make a ton of cinematic-style commercials, a lot of them about or involving video games. You can tell he's really got a passion for games, so hopefully that translates to film. There's one he did that was a Duracell commercial involving some kids running around a hospital pretending to be rebel forces in Star Wars, and the action scenes were great. Also, I'm hoping he brought in the same cinematographer he used in the commercials because the look and style of them was really slick.

Last edited by Derp; 1 week ago at 04:07 PM..
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp ➡️
I've still got my PS3 and one of the games I have on it is the MK Arcade Trilogy (the actual three games, not the weird Trilogy game that came out in '96 where they lumped everything together.) I'll boot it up occasionally and tbh, they haven't aged that well. I might just be saying that because I'm bitter about how I've always sucked at fighting games, though.

Edit: Did some research and the director is new to cinema, but he did make a ton of cinematic-style commercials, a lot of them about or involving video games. You can tell he's really got a passion for games, so hopefully that translates to film. There's one he did that was a Duracell commercial involving some kids running around a hospital pretending to be rebel forces in Star Wars, and the action scenes were great. Also, I'm hoping he brought in the same cinematographer he used in the commercials because the look and style of them was really slick.
Pretty kool.

I have to create an HBO account. I think I'll watch the film at home instead of taking a chance and going to a movie theater. I'll post my feedback on what I thought of the film. I'm pretty sure I'll be digging all the sounds and special effects!
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #906
Gear Guru
 
Derp's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru ➡️
Pretty kool.

I have to create an HBO account. I think I'll watch the film at home instead of taking a chance and going to a movie theater. I'll post my feedback on what I thought of the film. I'm pretty sure I'll be digging all the sounds and special effects!
I'm vaxxxed, so I'm thinking with all the showings that are going to be at my area theater that this might be my first theater outing in quite a few years. I think the last movie I saw in a theater was Deadpool 2? So even before the shutdown, it had been a while.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp ➡️
I'm vaxxxed, so I'm thinking with all the showings that are going to be at my area theater that this might be my first theater outing in quite a few years. I think the last movie I saw in a theater was Deadpool 2? So even before the shutdown, it had been a while.
I would love to see it in the theater but not vaxxed yet.

I'm pretty stoked though! I just subscribed to HBO Max. Godzilla vs King Kong is showing. A definite must see for me as I'm a Godzilla fan.

The new Dune movie will be streaming as well when it's released in theaters! Can't wait for that one as well. It feels like I hit the movie jackpot and it's free with my cable/internet provider.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #908
Gear Guru
 
Derp's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru ➡️
The new Dune movie
I'll probably see that one in theaters, too. Huge Dune nerd here. I've read the Frank Herbert books and have all four Dune movies on DVD as well as the steelbook director's cut of David Lynch's version. I absolutely love the Dune universe.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp ➡️
I'll probably see that one in theaters, too. Huge Dune nerd here. I've read the Frank Herbert books and have all four Dune movies on DVD as well as the steelbook director's cut of David Lynch's version. I absolutely love the Dune universe.
I haven't read the books but have seen all the TV series and film. Outstanding storyline.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #910
Gear Guru
 
Derp's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru ➡️
I haven't read the books but have seen all the TV series and film. Outstanding storyline.
Bruh!



It's cliche to say, but the books are better. There's so much in them that hasn't yet or cannot be translated to screen. That's why Jodorowsky's version ended up being so expensive before it was even filmed is that he was attempting the impossible. The movies are great, but the book is a whole other world. PM me your address and I'll send you a copy. Try to read it before the movie comes out so we can both critique it!
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp ➡️
Bruh!



It's cliche to say, but the books are better. There's so much in them that hasn't yet or cannot be translated to screen. That's why Jodorowsky's version ended up being so expensive before it was even filmed is that he was attempting the impossible. The movies are great, but the book is a whole other world. PM me your address and I'll send you a copy. Try to read it before the movie comes out so we can both critique it!
Thanks mate! I'm looking forward to reading it.!
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #912
I watched Godzilla vs Kong last night.

I have mixed feelings about this film, it was a bit meh combined with very good visuals. The story line copycats the theme of Journey to the Center of the Earth and it revolves on that. They also tossed in a mechanized Godzilla similar to the megabot concept in which Godzilla & King Kong joined forces against the mech moster. It was an entertaining nevertheless. I'm glad I didn't see this one in the theater.

Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #913
Lives for gear
 
Hollowman9's Avatar
The Expendables. Old guys killing people. The end.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowman9 ➡️
The Expendables. Old guys killing people. The end.
I saw the first film, are the others worth watchin'
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #915
Lives for gear
 
Hollowman9's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru ➡️
I saw the first film, are the others worth watchin'

Sure if you feel like seeing people get shot in half and stuff blowing up. The explosions are the most believable part of the movie. Very nice explosions.
The Italian Stallion has aged better than Arnold or maybe he's had more plastic surgery than him. Hard to say. Hard to care really.

My favorite part was the beginning scene with the motorcycles. It was all down hill from there.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #916
Gear Guru
 
Derp's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowman9 ➡️
The Expendables. Old guys killing people. The end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowman9 ➡️

Sure if you feel like seeing people get shot in half and stuff blowing up. The explosions are the most believable part of the movie. Very nice explosions.
The Italian Stallion has aged better than Arnold or maybe he's had more plastic surgery than him. Hard to say. Hard to care really.

My favorite part was the beginning scene with the motorcycles. It was all down hill from there.
I'm ashamed of myself that I haven't seen any of them yet. I grew up on classic action movies like Rambo and Cliffhanger, and The Expendables series is supposed to be a return to that with an emphasis on no CGI. I like explosions.

EDIT: I'm about to remedy that. The three movie set is only $7.50 on amazon.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #917
Lives for gear
 
Hollowman9's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp ➡️
I'm ashamed of myself that I haven't seen any of them yet. I grew up on classic action movies like Rambo and Cliffhanger, and The Expendables series is supposed to be a return to that with an emphasis on no CGI. I like explosions.

EDIT: I'm about to remedy that. The three movie set is only $7.50 on amazon.
You won't be disappointed with the explosions. The fight scenes are good too. Personally I enjoyed the chase scenes alot, they're some of the better ones I've seen in awhile.
If you only focus on the explosions, fights and chases it's a fun ride. Trying to like the characters or the storyline takes some work.
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
  #918
Lives for gear
 
Hollowman9's Avatar
Nuked!!!!
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
  #919
Lives for gear
 
MikeInOttawa's Avatar
Not a movie, but I've been watching Hornblower on YouTube. I watched it back when it was first out as well. That was back when I had a gf, and she and her friends thought Horatio was one fine-looking seaman.

It is an absolutely outstanding series. I'd say it's even better than Rome. The last shots in each episode with the ship at sea, the crew on the bridge, and that music........it gets me every time.
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
  #920
Today I watched War Horse. 2011 film about a farm horse that get's sold to the army cavalry so that the farm's rent can be paid by a struggling family. The son had raised the horse and was heartbroken when the father sold it.

The horse is taken to the war between the French and German armies at the Battle of the Somme. The son also joins the war effort and is reunited with his beloved horse. It's a sad movie but it has a great ending. I enjoyed this movie quite a bit.

Old 1 day ago | Show parent
  #921
Gear Guru
 
Derp's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru ➡️
It's a sad movie but it has a great ending.
Thanks for the warning. I can't watch sad movies about animals or else I'll just fall apart. I'm still traumatized from watching White Fang as a kid.

<--This is me sobbing like a little girl with a skinned knee.
Old 1 day ago | Show parent
  #922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp ➡️
Thanks for the warning. I can't watch sad movies about animals or else I'll just fall apart. I'm still traumatized from watching White Fang as a kid.

<--This is me sobbing like a little girl with a skinned knee.
I know the feeling that's why I waited so long to watch it. Some movies really tug at the emotions.
📝 Reply
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump