The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not 'high...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 102,221
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

I am currently using the Focal Solo 6 Be and about to take the ATC plunge. My sales rep. mentioned that he auditioned both of the...

Cooleyocity
replies: 164 views: 15,812
To Mega Therion 18 minutes ago

Anyone have this by any chance? Modular Channel Stereo — OVERSTAYER Recording Equipment, Inc. I think it’s kind...

gsilbers
replies: 704 views: 101,823
8ttila 1 hour ago

definitely inspired by the "Control Room thread" I was wondering if there were pictures to post of various mic'ed up...

Bobalou
replies: 6,145 views: 1,979,659
Drumsound 1 hour ago

Happy New Years Everyone! I recently moved to the Nashville TN, area and am putting together my new Studio. I am simplifying my...

gearjunky
replies: 80 views: 9,753
dbjp 5 hours ago

Hello, We've had a pair of 8351 in our tracking room for a few months and after initial setup and listening, I havent as much...

d3l
replies: 1,040 views: 187,936
Grilled Cheese 6 hours ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 2,379 views: 355,572
hool15 6 hours ago

This is the front amplifier? Look is stereo, adopting England SP41 CV1699 tube, can provide the origin and the schematic diagram...

zhoujun
replies: 4 views: 227
vernier 8 hours ago

I've been saying this for quite a while now. How bad computer monitors are for recording and listening. Nice to see Mr Brauer...

Pyeguy
replies: 39 views: 1,971
joeq 10 hours ago

Hi, I have a question about automating levels on consoles in general, which is to help decide on a motorized or non motorized...

esppse
replies: 12 views: 413
Wiggy Neve Slut 12 hours ago

Own a functioning 224X, loud fan and off by itself. Got a 480L with 4.10 upgrade so I can use the Classic Cart. Rarely use...

Verbs R Us
replies: 13 views: 4,784
oldgearguy 12 hours ago

Hello folks, I have bought a Neumann 750 KH and had it for 2 days. Very well built subwoofer, however please note: - NONE of the...

nekkio99
replies: 317 views: 63,496
Gloomyx 12 hours ago

Years ago was over at a friends studio and he pulls out this huge red piece of gear labeled a VT-15! I was like what the hell is...

ChuckyGold
replies: 80 views: 11,837
Nightowl43 12 hours ago

Hey you Mixbusers ! I'm mixing on an SSL AWS and thinking about adding a Mixbus EQ to my setup.. I'm looking for: -Great...

TanTan
replies: 112 views: 25,045
Nightowl43 13 hours ago

Hi everyone, I'd like to add a high end microphone to compliment my c800g, here are some of my options: Tele 251 Tele...

sourpatch
replies: 119 views: 5,398
sourpatch 15 hours ago

Finally someone has made a good set of Motion plugins.... The new UA ones are the first I think are worth using. Also pat...

yrplace
replies: 0 views: 147
yrplace 15 hours ago

Want to try the 5670 and 6386 tubes into my Tubecore 3U, any experiences? I read that 6386 tubes can't really mess with the...

Stéphane
replies: 113 views: 15,915
carolcappetta 16 hours ago

After reading in this forum for years, I finally decided to post here seeking some guidance! Have read a lot about the subject...

JCRob
replies: 27 views: 1,653
fushapanther 16 hours ago

Hello, I'd like to buy a vari mu for mix bus duty (rock/metal stuff mainly to use together my SSl type comp). Online samples of...

Hal
replies: 22 views: 1,588
10pints 20 hours ago

For me the Retro 2a3 makes me smile everytime I go from bypassed to in. And the mod that Black Lion audio did to my 192 Sent...

ROCKER STUDIOS
replies: 1,409 views: 266,949
Mr. Wolfe 23 hours ago

I grew up in analog studios with the big guy consoles and tape machines, but I was always a producer, or artist, and wasn't the...

oceantracks
replies: 3 views: 281
psycho_monkey 1 day ago

I’m reading all these posts on GS, either I’m misunderstanding something or there are contradictions about which one is the...

TS-12
replies: 31 views: 2,994
mesavox 1 day ago

Anyone using these? I would love to hear some first hand user experience.

Philip Parker
replies: 150 views: 27,758
Andrew Bacon 1 day ago

I recently acquired a pair of these. Active Mk2’s. I have to say that I am absolutely horrified how terrible the low end...

Benny Hill
replies: 126 views: 20,108
swampy 1 day ago

Would you pick - Vintage Valve Modern Valve Vintage Ribbon Modern Ribbon ? And which one specifically? I think...

Larry Villella
replies: 101 views: 14,074
Scragend 1 day ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 9,336 views: 1,522,064
HansMues 1 day ago

Maybe its just me, but i've been using the ATC45's for the past 6 months and I just cant get used to them, and things aren't...

Chase Orion
replies: 42 views: 1,743
Paul_G 1 day ago

Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda.. I am familiar with the sound of ATC speakers and love them to bits. I am however considering if I'd...

midmost
replies: 104 views: 25,355
pentagon 1 day ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 4,253 views: 819,746
DeepPurpleHead 1 day ago

I’m ready for a new recording channel / channelstrip for the main vocal. Thinking about the Manley Voxbox or the TubeTech...

Jimmy Makhaisingh
replies: 0 views: 125
Jimmy Makhaisingh 1 day ago

Hi All, The 1073 has been my favorite pre for years now. I've always preferred its tone and character over almost all other...

davehall6162
replies: 25 views: 7,877
adam_f 1 day ago
replies: 275 views: 26,068
dmbandtimmy 1 day ago

Hey guys, I'm hoping to find here how much this Studer trolley is worth? It used to house my 961 (also fits 962) mixer. As...

antti
replies: 3 views: 244
antti 1 day ago

Hey guys, have anybody had the chance to demo both ATC and PSI in the same room? I got a fairly good offer on the ATC 100's,...

MatsNo
replies: 297 views: 39,233
MatsNo 1 day ago

Is Phoebe Bridgers motion sickness analog ? Hybrid?

Sslfetish
replies: 2 views: 322
itswintertime 1 day ago

Hi, I know it’s a pretty generic question but I’m on the hunt for a mastering compressor that sound big, clean and modern to...

PadanoPro
replies: 14 views: 836
cheu78 1 day ago

Is there an optimal tube for a CL 1B? Do you guys keep it stock or replace the tube? Whatcha using?

James Lugo
replies: 11 views: 590
Djembe 2 days ago

Hi, I'm looking to pick up AES cables for my monitoring setup and I was looking to get the best quality AES cables I can. When...

rfpm
replies: 55 views: 2,196
Bassmankr 2 days ago

Hey guys. I'm looking into Distressors as of late and while the EL8X seems cooler, I can save quite a bit of cash (for a start up...

vice2.0
replies: 1 views: 210
Third Eye 2 days ago

Hi everyone. I’ll post this project here, for it might help someone with similar needs. This is about an engineer who was...

jindrich
replies: 8 views: 1,627
Bassmankr 2 days ago

Been doing a lot of acoustic guitar and vocal recording, with pretty sparse arrangements, where the performance is the focus....

IMRECS
replies: 6 views: 427
thethrillfactor 2 days ago

Hi All, Just got an Amek BC2 (6x BC1118/4 modules, 6xBC1118, 1x BC1136, 1xBC1156 and 1x aux master). I have schematics and...

DannyMA
replies: 0 views: 104
DannyMA 2 days ago

I was recently looking into buying a pair of Inward Connections Brute's and it seems as though IC is gone? They no longer have a...

azrael kennedy
replies: 25 views: 7,999
Rtroost 2 days ago

In the midst of upgrading my lowly (but respectable) Neumann KH120's because I am bored of them and can afford to- no other...

smitty.west
replies: 57 views: 8,418
curry36 2 days ago

If so, how are you liking it on vocals? How would you describe its tone?

Krush411
replies: 11 views: 2,747
HansMues 2 days ago

Hi Slutzies! I'm looking to buy my first Mix Bus / Mastering Vari MU Compressor. I alrady have a VCA comp i like but I want...

mardyMcFly
replies: 15 views: 2,322
Exotha 3 days ago

Hey Gearslutz, So I decided to do another test and would like to hear everyones opinion. I used my Neumann U67 and tried two...

justinmichael
replies: 51 views: 11,271
Progger 3 days ago

Hello, I just purchased a TC Electronic 2290 and the filter settings will not save with a preset save. I have a shop with...

gtrmichael
replies: 4 views: 319
oldgearguy 3 days ago

I ask cuz I bought a pair of Neve 1073 LB 500 series pres last year and never really dug them. I had a BAE 1073 MPF rack version...

James Lugo
replies: 27 views: 1,616
cheu78 3 days ago

Looking for recommendations on your favorite ribbon mics with low noise floor (passive and active mics both). I do lots of very...

apossibleworld
replies: 56 views: 6,787
Aurasphere 3 days ago

My favourite and fattest tube pre amps are made by Coil. I just wondered why people don't rave about them more. I've never...

Paul_G
replies: 858 views: 109,088
rob S 3 days ago

Moderators