Quantcast
High End - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not 'high...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 93,343
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

So in my original thread, I was still very new, and now I'm mature enough to finally realize I'm still very green. I've reached...

Nickerz
replies: 2 views: 119
santibanks 46 minutes ago

Just curious In one of the blackbird videos they talked about a Sony C-500 condenser wing legendary unobtanium I’m...

drockfresh
replies: 27 views: 845
deedeeyeah 3 hours ago

Hello Everyone The AKG C12, or the AKG C12VR, which one sounds better? Please let me know your thoughts. Cheers

JOHN
replies: 130 views: 53,575
Sounds Great 3 hours ago

We have another winner here. I can’t believe Bryce just keeps doing it so well. I did not need another compressor. Then I...

bzone
replies: 119 views: 16,799
TEMAS 4 hours ago

Hi Just wanted to hear from Trinnov Users how you like working with the unit?? Do you have any negatives? Worth the hi price...

eclipse
replies: 225 views: 29,530
kosmokrator 4 hours ago

I may need to sell my vintage Neve 32254/E limiter/compressor for financial reasons. This one has been modded to have two faster...

carolcappetta
replies: 44 views: 1,273
Dirk Churlish 6 hours ago

The Title pretty much asks it all. Thanks in advance, for your responses. "Grasshopper" here, seeks to learn...

chessparov2.0
replies: 113 views: 13,309
chessparov2.0 7 hours ago

Hi, anybody can tell this vintage U87 is legit or not? Any sign of modifications?confoosed

citytape
replies: 15 views: 848
chessparov2.0 7 hours ago

I recently purchased a Daking Mic Pre One and I can't get over how awesome this class A pre sounds. Its personally my favorite...

bcgood
replies: 798 views: 83,725
Jeroko 9 hours ago

Hey guys! I am trying to do a big test and review of several high end monitors in my studio.Barefoot mm27 gen1 and gen2, Pmc...

Audiovisjon
replies: 4,685 views: 1,194,655
idm0r 11 hours ago

I recently snagged a pair of OWA Modded Akai M8s here in LA. They are pretty rad but could use a once over. I have had no luck...

MikeRegan
replies: 1 views: 203
MikeRegan 11 hours ago

This is a thread on the converters from JCF Audio. I'm aware there is one other thread started a few months ago about...

replies: 139 views: 25,913
Zep Dude 12 hours ago

Hey gents, I have been following some chat by Bob Olhsson and Chris from Airwindows in another thread about dither and it...

Karloff70
replies: 1,828 views: 144,182
chrisj 12 hours ago

I'm seeing dozens of Mytek 8x192 units sold used. Mytek's professional range has been discontinued. I am a Windows and Reaper man...

lectric
replies: 5 views: 429
j.colt 13 hours ago

Hi! I am buying a new (probably vintage) mixer for my composing studio. I record in the style of Jazz with Soul influences. I...

Johan Maximilian
replies: 27 views: 1,839
midmost 14 hours ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 3,610 views: 629,193
sircuit 14 hours ago

its deceiving because its a little dark sounding without any EQ. If i have a new client and i throw up the cu41 and the u87ai to...

Deleted 0517344
replies: 14 views: 1,008
Ty Ford 14 hours ago

Hello everyone! After a good deal of searching, I’m at a loss as to how best contact a Neumann rep for vintage serial dating...

DylanPS
replies: 4 views: 208
DylanPS 14 hours ago

My favourite and fattest tube pre amps are made by Coil. I just wondered why people don't rave about them more. I've never...

Paul_G
replies: 706 views: 79,808
Fleaman 18 hours ago

tl;dr - I have 50000$ to spend on main monitors and I want to get Genelec 1236a SAM. What do you think about it? Hello!...

TommyThankYou
replies: 7 views: 429
GrammynOut2 19 hours ago

definitely inspired by the "Control Room thread" I was wondering if there were pictures to post of various mic'ed up...

Bobalou
replies: 5,977 views: 1,920,658
andychamp 1 day ago

I didn't find any pics of this circuit online :lol:

citytape
replies: 24 views: 1,126
Squawk 1 day ago

Hi Dear Fellas, I'm sorry for ruining your day with my private problem, but I got stucked and need some help now. Half year...

transsylvan
replies: 34 views: 6,477
HGC 1 day ago

RayHeath and monkeyxx asked me to post about the new Heiserman H47tube... I think high end is probably the right place. Here...

drBill
replies: 435 views: 42,558
RayHeath 1 day ago

I'm wondering and perplexed.. I had him do a B&O mod and resto early in the year, communication and delivery was...

fivestarstudios
replies: 12 views: 4,456
rene-lemieux 1 day ago

Hi, A while ago I bought an entire studio. This is located in the house we moved in. Together with the whole studiogear...

JasperN
replies: 11 views: 844
Paul_G 1 day ago

Hi is the Blackfire 509 the same as the 409?? I have read in different things on line some saying they are identical and some...

eclipse
replies: 23 views: 11,877
elegentdrum 2 days ago
replies: 3 views: 548
Drumsound 2 days ago

Hey, any one try these new Pultec - ISH "clones" yet? PULSE TECHNIQUES EQP-1A3, they are based out of...

dabigfrog
replies: 87 views: 27,105
jjblair 2 days ago

I’ve been wondering why I don’t see to much chatter about the Tonelux jc37. Ever since I got mine it’s been a go to on...

bmaughan
replies: 20 views: 3,779
Paul_G 2 days ago

Sorry if this is redundant. I would suspect this has been asked before countless times but nothing came up in my search....thanks

fender4593
replies: 1,784 views: 368,232
chet.d 2 days ago

SSL Sigma

I am a prospective buyer of this and this is very new product which I don't fully understand yet so I guess having a dedicated...

aramism
replies: 2,183 views: 296,025
kultschar 2 days ago

So this may have been touched on but I feel it needs to be rehashed. I’ve owned both the SSL fusion and Rupert Neve Master...

austinbdot
replies: 58 views: 8,249
engmix 2 days ago

I've been rocking a Manley Ref C as my go-to "nice" condenser for vocals and other acoustic sources, and while I mostly...

jsbeeth
replies: 47 views: 6,477
Danmyersmusic 3 days ago

I stumbled on accidentally on a video after 5 years of tearing my hair out trying to solve RF interference issues at my new...

Eganmedia
replies: 14 views: 363
drBill 3 days ago

I had a question that, i understand, is highly subjective. I've been on the search for a new pair of monitors in the $2500/pr...

terraamb01
replies: 574 views: 138,923
TommyThankYou 3 days ago

Happy New Year! What’s on your purchase list for 2021?

Ghost In The Attic
replies: 344 views: 27,764
oneblackened 3 days ago

This is a pretty old unit and I am thinking of selling it, but I was wondering how it compared to something like the Apollo x...

Elisionary
replies: 8 views: 389
gearstudent 3 days ago

Is anyone aware of a good tech that can work on old consoles in the Washington DC/Baltimore area? I'm going to be purchasing a...

franktree
replies: 1 views: 164
franktree 3 days ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 2,286 views: 321,015
planck 3 days ago

Hi, I have been doing a lot of orchestra recording lately, I normally like to use a Decca tree with Neumann M50, love that sound!...

laperlestudio
replies: 23 views: 1,281
bojan_1 3 days ago

Hello y'all! I'm looking to grab a high-end set of b-speakers to work as an "equal but alternate" to by current setup...

AndromedaA6
replies: 79 views: 10,459
AndromedaA6 3 days ago

Has anyone tried the IZ ADA (96k version) Is it as good as they claim it is?

bassjam
replies: 5 views: 3,147
glava 4 days ago

Would anybody with first hand experience suggest me options? Purity of the audio signal is paramount. Would prefer linear power...

Iggy61
replies: 14 views: 706
ionian 4 days ago

Hi everyone, my first post here. I was about to buy an Overstayer SVC after a mixing session at Invada Studios in Bristol,...

Mostar
replies: 11 views: 1,338
Paul_G 4 days ago

Hello there, I haven't found anything on the website regarding this so I'll ask you guys. I have the Dangerous Music 2bus+...

2002fede
replies: 0 views: 102
2002fede 4 days ago

It feels like I could upgrade my Twin6's to something bigger. After searching around, there's not many alternatives i found in...

plx
replies: 236 views: 18,855
plx 4 days ago

Will this cable work with the SSL X-rack master module? There seems to be a buzz around here that the master module NEEDS a...

Deleted User
replies: 33 views: 7,545
chrisdude 4 days ago

Curious to know what consoles were used on the early sabbath albums. I know they used a neve on dehumaniser, Tyr and a few other...

jeebles
replies: 2 views: 333
Pyeguy 4 days ago

This might be an unusual question. I have Dynaudio Core 7s, which have digital inputs. Right now I'm coming out of an Apollo 8p,...

PointReyes7
replies: 7 views: 135
momomel 4 days ago

Moderators