Quantcast
High End - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not 'high...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 90,059
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

I am about to purchase one and I wanted to get a few opinions on it. I’ve been eyeing a pultec for years and want to pull the...

carolcappetta
replies: 50 views: 1,234
UKMK00 29 minutes ago

There's lots of threads about the "Wow" factor, but I was curious if anyone had experienced any gear that wasn't as...

Cooleyocity
replies: 425 views: 37,592
MRSEED 38 minutes ago

Hey guys! I am trying to do a big test and review of several high end monitors in my studio.Barefoot mm27 gen1 and gen2, Pmc...

Audiovisjon
replies: 4,022 views: 1,156,310
To Mega Therion 44 minutes ago

Hello STAM users, I've used a STAM 1073 MPA a lot but after a while I've noticed some gain issues and other issues. So I...

whitealbum
replies: 5 views: 285
whitealbum 2 hours ago

I have scraped my whole life to get the tools I have . It’s the only thing I spend money on besides the house nut for the...

seedubs
replies: 42 views: 6,578
carolcappetta 2 hours ago

I’ve had an SSL Fusion and an SSL G Comp in my stereo buss for 24 hours, and while they sound great, when I perfectly level...

drcaron
replies: 33 views: 1,247
mherrane 3 hours ago

Hello, does any one would have this manual and would share it? heh i bought mine 2nd hand without any paper... mezed...

livingstone
replies: 16 views: 3,248
oldgearguy 4 hours ago

Hi guys, I'm looking for a new pre amp to record mostly acoustic and electric guitar. I already got an 1073 spx > cl1b....

bob2018
replies: 19 views: 917
Russell Casse 5 hours ago

Hi, I have the Advanced Audio version of the Sony C800G, I love it a lot but I'm wondering, is there a mic like it that's not a...

Miracleb
replies: 87 views: 2,707
Manak1n 8 hours ago

I've always had a problem with "brutally honest" as a depiction of the Barefoot sound, as the last word I would use to...

John Galt
replies: 30 views: 1,013
Squawk 8 hours ago

its really simple,what is best analog to digital converter you ever heard,doesnt matter how much it cost or if its even curently...

Neodym
replies: 775 views: 90,600
elambo 9 hours ago

Hello I’m selling my motorcycle soon, and wanted to buy some gear with the money I’ll make. I love the Soyuz but would like...

Rego10
replies: 9 views: 250
Paul_G 10 hours ago

Hey All, I'm about to start mixing an LP I engineered/produced, and my studio just got a new piece of gear: the Neve Portico...

HobbyRobby
replies: 107 views: 28,596
formula428 11 hours ago

Looking at getting a tube compressor for mainly tracking vocalists. I have a pair of distressors looking for something with some...

James Lugo
replies: 49 views: 1,388
NathanBarley 11 hours ago

Hi there, I’m about to get a Neumann u87 si. The seller says it was bought around 96’. It’s label as Neumann u87 AI P48. I...

adrianher
replies: 1 views: 142
elegentdrum 12 hours ago

$500 for atc power cables. ...

sirjuxtable
replies: 16 views: 374
psycho_monkey 12 hours ago

Many years ago I heard a track run through a Vt747sp and the difference was huge. The different elements of the track had more...

Subverter
replies: 1 views: 131
elegentdrum 13 hours ago

I've gone through previous threads and am still unsure as to which preamps overdrive really well. Should I be looking more at...

errorspending
replies: 35 views: 18,644
echoesoflife 13 hours ago

I have a little home studio setup going to record my own music- most sources are vocals, bass, and electric and acoustic guitar....

Purple_Rain
replies: 143 views: 5,123
toledo3 13 hours ago

Currently using Neumann KH120a. Really like the sound of these, and I hear they lean more to the accurate side than flattering,...

fromthepuggle
replies: 87 views: 8,531
kvandy 13 hours ago

It's been a long time since a mixing speaker was exciting to me. And this one is rather mind blowing. New to me, it's 10 years...

lucey
replies: 5 views: 459
Bobo Fret 14 hours ago

I recently bought this microphone without ever hearing anything about it. I did a quick recording with it and I'm blown away!...

Joao B.
replies: 13 views: 7,831
ShinyBox 14 hours ago

Gus Dudgeon was best known for producing Elton John's early and greatly successful albums: Elton John, Tumbleweed Connection,...

razorboy
replies: 163 views: 13,035
mike-661 14 hours ago

Hey guys, I've been thinking about upgrading or rather sidegrading from the Spectre S8's I have atm which I got slightly before...

Nicked_Wicked
replies: 174 views: 50,734
StuBennett 16 hours ago

In your opinion what are the top 10 pieces that every studio shouldn’t be with out. The LA-2A. 1176, etc,,

Rego10
replies: 29 views: 737
ccg 17 hours ago

I am wondering how many use it for mixdown? Do you monitor your mix through it? some say it is colored But i have been listing...

spektor
replies: 43 views: 7,272
DeepPurpleHead 19 hours ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 3,291 views: 560,500
TheHanes 20 hours ago

This may be scratching the bottom of the "High End" barrel in terms of quality or price, but I plan on buying a pair of...

dorkjackson
replies: 32 views: 1,374
Hymnographer 21 hours ago

Hello my experienced and wise friends with good taste in everything, RND Shelford Channel x2 vs RND Master Bus Processor +...

augustin187
replies: 17 views: 1,645
augustin187 21 hours ago

Man it’s been years since I’ve posted but here’s where I’m at these days. Studio is still in Nashville and all is good....

James Lugo
replies: 1 views: 242
Webb 23 hours ago

I bought a new DMX a little over a year ago. After 3 months of owning it when I turned it on it would not work. They told me to...

gabler100
replies: 151 views: 41,529
Douwe Jan 1 day ago

I am thinking of upgrading my interface, currently I am using an RME Babyface Pro FS and I am wondering would there be a big...

daoriginalqupes
replies: 1 views: 215
daoriginalqupes 1 day ago

What do you think my next outboard gear purchase should be? I'm between an LA-2A clone or an EQ, probably a Neve or Api...

JeremyAaron
replies: 4 views: 421
bgood 1 day ago

SSL Sigma

I am a prospective buyer of this and this is very new product which I don't fully understand yet so I guess having a dedicated...

aramism
replies: 2,178 views: 291,617
Analogue Mastering 1 day ago

After reading in this forum for years, I finally decided to post here seeking some guidance! Have read a lot about the subject...

JCRob
replies: 20 views: 562
hello people 1 day ago

Sorry if this is redundant. I would suspect this has been asked before countless times but nothing came up in my search....thanks

fender4593
replies: 1,681 views: 346,854
Paul_G 1 day ago

Any experiences of them working/not working together well ? I bought the M72 a long time ago and couldn't be happier with it,...

Riffz
replies: 7 views: 232
Rego10 1 day ago

I was looking at buying one of their hardware units but notice they have multiple versions and confused what the real differences...

Rego10
replies: 0 views: 123
Rego10 1 day ago

Anyone could recommend a channelstrip that won't be a natural, accurate and transparent? I need a one unit, a creative tool for...

jurek
replies: 10 views: 1,558
mahler007 1 day ago

Just wondering if anyone has experience with the radial catapult line of CAT5 audio snake boxes? I've got a nice little home...

themiracle
replies: 6 views: 992
Bassmankr 1 day ago

ok... i have two shelford channels feeding a manley elop feeding a burl b2. the burl goes out digitally to my pure 2. i...

old hydro law
replies: 0 views: 68
old hydro law 1 day ago

I reached the stage when I want to start working with a new main monitoring in my studio - that is 7x5 m, acoustically quite...

ISedlacek
replies: 377 views: 95,732
George Necola 2 days ago

I had a question that, i understand, is highly subjective. I've been on the search for a new pair of monitors in the $2500/pr...

terraamb01
replies: 537 views: 131,883
slainbabyyc 2 days ago

Hy guys! Today my Sony DMX-R 100, for the first time, has a problem: When I start it, instead of Booting normaly, it...

vmassa
replies: 5 views: 1,713
Douwe Jan 2 days ago

My favourite and fattest tube pre amps are made by Coil. I just wondered why people don't rave about them more. I've never...

Paul_G
replies: 590 views: 67,267
drBill 2 days ago

Moving my gear up to a cottage for the next 6 months for a project. I can't install any treatment there as I have to leave the...

mikoo69
replies: 20 views: 912
CanadaSC1 2 days ago

So any speculations about this? What would you like to see? Different reverbs? Unreal reverbs? Other fx?

OurDarkness
replies: 725 views: 125,056
Casey 2 days ago
replies: 0 views: 132
jthom 2 days ago

I have a couple of SA2A's that I bought about 2 1/2 years ago. One of them blew a fuse a few months ago and I am having a really...

quincyg
replies: 3 views: 276
jonnyjonjon 2 days ago

Has anyone compared these two and noticed any difference? Are they internally quite similar, disregarding the EQ on the...

hyperfacex
replies: 13 views: 3,719
Dosi 2 days ago

Moderators