The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not 'high...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 107,694
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Hi Guys I'm in the market for new speakers! Currently I have BM15's with Dynaudio 18s Sub. My space is 15 square meters. I...

bob2018
replies: 16 views: 529
floppyclock 55 minutes ago

Hey all, I’m building a small project studio for myself and I need some advice on a good 2 channel pre. I mostly record...

Raremeatpeter
replies: 17 views: 407
NathanEldred 1 hour ago

Hello, I want to ad a great tube LDC to my collection, manly for (female) vocals. My buget is about 2000 Euro. Right now I am...

buzzjoe
replies: 8 views: 2,214
dkr 1 hour ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 5,071 views: 1,021,268
thepulse101 5 hours ago

Anybody ever shoot these high end beauties out? Have them in the same studio? Thoughts?

drockfresh
replies: 2 views: 173
RoundBadge 7 hours ago

I know I'll get many different opinions, but I love that. I have my own, but hearing other opinions/angles can help me open my...

PointReyes7
replies: 6 views: 298
Paul_G 7 hours ago

Hi there, Would like your opinions regarding the larger active ATC's (SCM SL 50 or 100) and the PMC IB1/IB2. I am unable to...

clan
replies: 66 views: 31,287
dfghdhr 9 hours ago

what's up everybody ? as the title says, I recently received my Neve 8424 which I love so far, now its time to get a new...

Jethro
replies: 61 views: 4,493
xcskier 10 hours ago

For me the Retro 2a3 makes me smile everytime I go from bypassed to in. And the mod that Black Lion audio did to my 192 Sent...

ROCKER STUDIOS
replies: 1,637 views: 300,720
Snorktop 11 hours ago

I have a little bit of spending money and want to flush out my drum recording set up. I am mostly curious about overheads. I have...

TheHolyMountain
replies: 1 views: 77
thethrillfactor 11 hours ago

Hello people. I need your help. I"m a kid without any gear yet and I found a U110 and U220 for sale. I"m wondering what...

_sk0t
replies: 12 views: 1,402
Sry 13 hours ago

What do you think? How does the Vanguard V13 (2. Gen) compares to higher priced offerings like Neumann, Horch, Flea ... . ...

maira
replies: 23 views: 783
gemiluv69 13 hours ago

Actually this was Norman Petty's 401A before it was Buddy's. Norman bought this Ampex (#5065) new sometime in early 1953 and he...

16 TON
replies: 30 views: 6,940
Wizards Machine 14 hours ago

Don't know what I really feel about this concept of a micpreamp built into the microphone. I can see the point and at the same...

gainreduction
replies: 2,309 views: 250,998
TheRealKey 16 hours ago

I have done comparisons between the Neve 1073 LB and the 1073 DPA, and in pretty much every case I gave a slight edge to the...

SamKingston
replies: 58 views: 25,447
Kennethlk5 16 hours ago

Hello, been a lurker for years and it was only now I thought of joining as I have some questions I couldn't find answers anywhere...

Wckoek
replies: 10 views: 1,160
zamproject 18 hours ago

I had a question that, i understand, is highly subjective. I've been on the search for a new pair of monitors in the $2500/pr...

terraamb01
replies: 606 views: 164,202
oneblackened 19 hours ago

Just saw this post on Instagram! If it's not new to some of you, it's new to me! Just figured I'd share it for those...

SupaMixKing
replies: 1,097 views: 104,123
GrammynOut2 19 hours ago

So for a long time I have always looked for that perfect bright mic for todays modern music. I have bought manny mics over time,...

etrella
replies: 55 views: 17,257
Adebar 21 hours ago

lets see some inspiring home studio's. I want to see how the hi-end boys roll!

DR Music
replies: 1,712 views: 568,125
RGJ22 22 hours ago

Has anyone had luck setting up a MIDI remote for their PCM92 or PCM96? I'm aware a lot of people just use the plugin for control,...

atavacron
replies: 22 views: 2,926
galaxiesmerge 23 hours ago

Im looking to add a mix bus comp to my chain as that’s one of the main things that’s missing. I mainly work with Pop, Rap,...

a2zEnt
replies: 14 views: 441
Exotha 1 day ago

I just saw an ad for a new 12” ATC sub. Looks to be a little more affordable than their 15” sub and could be the answer to a...

sirjuxtable
replies: 35 views: 2,338
Russell Casse 1 day ago

What can you tell me about these beauties ? Do they sound as good as they look ? Maintenance ? How much are they going for...

Lectra
replies: 56 views: 28,161
dcvx 1 day ago

I’m looking to upgrade from an old Apollo to either a Lynx Aurora or Burl Mothership to support a 16x I/O base in my home...

core64
replies: 71 views: 7,731
Seamoss 1 day ago

There seem to be a bunch of great options around these days. Dangerous, Crane Song, Prism, Grace, etc I have 96 channels of...

South Brokelyn
replies: 16 views: 1,821
EngineerMoney 1 day ago

Hey guys, have anybody had the chance to demo both ATC and PSI in the same room? I got a fairly good offer on the ATC 100's,...

MatsNo
replies: 308 views: 44,698
shobud 1 day ago

I know there are a lot of quad eight fans here. here's something i found on ebay that you might like....

walth
replies: 36 views: 18,546
philmanning 1 day ago

Hi guys, I just upgraded to the Genelecs 8341 and I am not entirely satisfied. Let me explain. I previously owned the Adam A77X...

JiDey247
replies: 12 views: 787
Taivanski 1 day ago

I somehow found 6 of these for sale on Craigslist here in New York last week. Been eyeing them for a while, especially after...

Deleted 6273725
replies: 28 views: 7,539
jsteiger 1 day ago

Sorry if this is redundant. I would suspect this has been asked before countless times but nothing came up in my search....thanks

fender4593
replies: 2,113 views: 456,562
teddymusic 2 days ago

Thought you might like to hear these 2 units On a quality lead vocal COULD THIS BE THE HOLY GRAIL VOCAL EFFECTS...

anguswoodhead
replies: 9 views: 590
johannburkard 2 days ago

I've been doing a little searching for this but haven't come up with a concrete path/way to do it. In Sounddiver I can copy...

eaeriel1
replies: 0 views: 56
eaeriel1 2 days ago

I know a few systems ended up here in NYC, but I never got to hear them. Sony was going to get a pair for one room and I was...

pultech
replies: 34 views: 8,603
Paul_G 2 days ago

Hey friends. Doing a lot of fast-turnaround commercial ITB production and mix work these days, and I'm looking for a new...

alexbassguy
replies: 6 views: 1,398
Bassneck 2 days ago

Neve 1073 vs Flickinger Mic Preamps Anythoughts or Experiences? I read somewhere a guy sold his BCM-10 for flickingers. I'm...

walth
replies: 25 views: 5,724
pscottm 2 days ago

RayHeath and monkeyxx asked me to post about the new Heiserman H47tube... I think high end is probably the right place. Here...

drBill
replies: 485 views: 57,120
chessparov2.0 2 days ago

I'm obsessed with finding Trident A Range modules for my studio, but after exhaustively searching for many months I've been...

ziggy
replies: 747 views: 190,351
raal 2 days ago

Hey, So this is pretty specific. I have 16 channels of Arturia 8pre right now for my conversion. I also own the AudioFuse...

crying1986
replies: 0 views: 69
crying1986 2 days ago

Like converters with clocking and jitter, is the use of hardware/software for mid/side processing have some sort of challenges...

puppee
replies: 2 views: 148
deedeeyeah 2 days ago

I do americana and rock singer songwriter material...I am a recording musician. I was never 100% satisfied with my bass tones...

TomPaul
replies: 44 views: 3,152
jwh1192 2 days ago

i plan on buying 16 channels of the same make/model of mic pre for drum tracking. I currently plan on 16 ch. of Avedis...

drno
replies: 189 views: 15,880
cheu78 2 days ago

I am thinking of upgrading this year from the Dangerous 2-Buss LT to either the AMS Neve 8816 or the Rupert Neve Designs 5059...

JHTorch
replies: 13 views: 5,926
Paul_G 2 days ago

For those of you that have old Lexicon and Eventide gear in need of repair, it seems that Dane Beamish and David Kulka are now...

beats workin'
replies: 24 views: 7,271
Marlowe 2 days ago

Ive been using a U87ai rev06 for about a year now, and i absolutely love it. The mids are incredible. My Problem is the...

Ryth
replies: 14 views: 496
menestrello 2 days ago
replies: 382 views: 38,723
GRiFF 3 days ago

Need some opinions again, as my upgrade choices have now come down to these two pairs of monitors. I've got a pretty good deal on...

mkess
replies: 39 views: 2,085
momomel 3 days ago

My latest obsession- Tape: i want the tape option for colour - since my console is SONY/MCI-3630 and has been known to sound...

tonymite
replies: 361 views: 74,644
yeloocproducer 3 days ago

I am in the market for a board around or under $10k, it seemed like a buyers market at the moment. I have considered and open a...

Wckoek
replies: 49 views: 2,687
Seamus TM 3 days ago

Any users out there? If you were to own just one preamp, I feel like it could easily be this one.

BrainCheck123
replies: 12 views: 3,109
disantlor 3 days ago

Moderators