The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Huge thanks to you Michael, Thank you so much for: All your shared wisdom. Letting us follow your recording gear, studio...

bhandy
replies: 18 views: 1,357
JAT 10 hours ago

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 87,534
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

I work everyday with my LA2A, since I bought it 3 months ago. But I have some problems actually HEARING a difference between the...

t-hiho
replies: 63 views: 21,364
Pitchfork Inc. 44 minutes ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 2,888 views: 444,967
thethrillfactor 1 hour ago

How do these mics compare for vocals? How would you describe the character of each and why you would reach for one over the...

Krush411
replies: 121 views: 8,759
sourpatch 1 hour ago

I've been testing a pair of 8341 with GLM calibration system and after few days I still can't get used to overall brightness of...

jeanclaudevanlee
replies: 18 views: 637
LDStudios 1 hour ago

HI, I recently got a Neve 33609C compressor. I would like to know what are your best use for it ? Any tricks and tips to...

sergioelectro
replies: 48 views: 17,453
Glenn Bucci 3 hours ago

Hello, I am seriously considering buying a pair of the new Genelec 8361 monitors. I have read great reviews about the new 8351...

paulieGB
replies: 63 views: 13,987
qslprod 3 hours ago

I just installed a Dynaudio 9s into my system, it pairs beautifully with my 15 year old Dynaudio BM15a's. My room is well...

Sharp11
replies: 2 views: 668
Sharp11 3 hours ago

Hello beautiful people Hope you're all well. As one of my fellow musician friends told me, I'm a "Shelford Virgin"...

soundofhope
replies: 3 views: 176
NathanEldred 4 hours ago

Sorry if this is redundant. I would suspect this has been asked before countless times but nothing came up in my search....thanks

fender4593
replies: 1,565 views: 317,159
Michael Myers 5 hours ago

The gear that was all the hype on GS ten years ago... what did you buy into? Has it stood the test of time? Do you still own...

che_guitarra
replies: 51 views: 2,819
sourpatch 5 hours ago

I'm not even going to say anything... just... try one.... however, if you like transparent compression that leaves no color...

Greg Wells
replies: 257 views: 72,419
Dirk Churlish 6 hours ago

Hello all, I have been really interested in these monitors for quite some time. However, I haven't found many user reviews....

Top Knob
replies: 105 views: 25,631
jeanclaudevanlee 6 hours ago

For anyone with Barefoot MiniMain 12's, are you using them as really close nearfields in a smaller room? I've emailed Barefoot as...

andersmv
replies: 37 views: 887
andersmv 7 hours ago

Hello folks, I have bought a Neumann 750 KH and had it for 2 days. Very well built subwoofer, however please note: - NONE of the...

nekkio99
replies: 185 views: 32,812
denstrow 7 hours ago

Hi all, Looking for ideas, suggestions, thoughts, regarding the subject. Let me briefly explain the topic. I have a home...

DP75
replies: 24 views: 635
santibanks 8 hours ago

A friend asked me to change out the tubes in his FLEA 49s, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to give them a critical listen. ...

jjblair
replies: 20 views: 649
chessparov2.0 8 hours ago

I remember a few years ago the Avalon 737 was like $1300-1500 and now it’s getting over $2k. A few select gear as well. Not...

gsilbers
replies: 123 views: 4,732
Jim Williams 9 hours ago

Hi everyone, I recently posted about Neumann KH310s vs HEDD type 20s. I got a lot of great feedback but after reading other...

Chris Suarez
replies: 21 views: 506
midmost 10 hours ago

I'm pretty frustrated here. I hate to put them on blast but I bought HEDD Type 20 mkII and the Sub 8 in December early-mid. I...

henryrobinett
replies: 17 views: 521
henryrobinett 11 hours ago

Hey folks, As I just moved to a new place with a larger room for my home studio, and my current monitors are starting to show...

sirjuxtable
replies: 103 views: 3,731
time2mix.com 11 hours ago

I'm looking for some better vocal mic and I have a nice offer on Horch RM2J (first one), but I like what I've been told and what...

Red 7
replies: 10 views: 437
Paul_G 12 hours ago

Don't know what I really feel about this concept of a micpreamp built into the microphone. I can see the point and at the same...

gainreduction
replies: 2,026 views: 192,961
themiracle 18 hours ago

Hi! Has anybody any experience with the Otari Concept Elite console? We're building a new studio and are looking for a good...

kristoffer
replies: 47 views: 17,293
bhandy 1 day ago

Greetings. I haven't been paying attention to outboard compression for awhile. I also see a couple threads asking the same...

JES
replies: 7 views: 186
Fletcher 1 day ago

Hi! People know something about this console here? It seems to be Philips ldc 15 year 1974 fully discrete rupert neve...

KIDBILL
replies: 124 views: 55,514
HVY 1 day ago

Hi guys, after hours of searching through the web I didn't find any info about this Philips Console which I got hold of. Is...

disconight
replies: 2 views: 306
disconight 1 day ago

My favourite and fattest tube pre amps are made by Coil. I just wondered why people don't rave about them more. I've never...

Paul_G
replies: 490 views: 53,805
chandlersonic 1 day ago

Hello, I recently upgraded my vocal booth and room, so I've decided to purchase a new vocal chain. I already have a U87ai and I...

MicPoe
replies: 107 views: 16,916
Jambox811 1 day ago

Hi everyone, I recently purchased an SSL Sigma and I've been trying to get it set up but I've run into some problems. I have the...

hubby23
replies: 2 views: 128
hubby23 1 day ago

I have an API 3124+ that I would like to pad down the output a bit. I know about the in-line attenuators, like the Shure, and...

bobwarren
replies: 9 views: 353
MIKEHARRIS 1 day ago

Since it appears that they are the top for mixing I would like to know if anyone has compared the 2 companies monitors. And what...

VT-MHE
replies: 34 views: 13,757
DownSideUp 1 day ago

Last night I did an op amp shootout for the mix buss of our API 1608 console. The test went as follows: Merging Hapi D/A >...

burns46824
replies: 271 views: 12,789
johannburkard 1 day ago

Hello there, I wish to have some definitive statement about the “AC main power polarity” (or phase??). As you probably...

Batpro
replies: 51 views: 1,164
audiospecific 1 day ago

Happy Friday, GS! I've hinted at this question in other threads but I thought I'd query the high-end community a bit more...

Progger
replies: 2 views: 206
Progger 1 day ago

Hi. I want to start a collection of analog saturation and distortion tools. From super subtle and high end, to super gritty,...

Vilddyr
replies: 781 views: 126,294
Paul_G 2 days ago

Hello All Hope you're doing good. So I just got my Shelford Channel delivered today and super excited about it. I have the...

soundofhope
replies: 13 views: 386
soundofhope 2 days ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 8,850 views: 1,365,828
exinated 2 days ago

Hi Guys! I heard some great things about SE electronics RTN mic! How does it compare to the MUCH cheaper WA 47? I know they...

Mahdes
replies: 4 views: 243
sourpatch 2 days ago

Hi all, I have been laboring over which mixing console to buy and wanted to ask for some help/advice. I am looking for a...

SeattleStudio
replies: 41 views: 2,190
drockfresh 2 days ago

I’m considering getting the C1LA, it’s on the top of my list , would anyone run one of my mixes through their unit so I can...

christube
replies: 4 views: 264
Oldone 2 days ago

Hi there. I’m on the lookout for a versatile preamp. As is, I only have the ssl six preamps and the interface preamps....

Hzd_1977
replies: 2 views: 187
kryckan 2 days ago

RayHeath and monkeyxx asked me to post about the new Heiserman H47tube... I think high end is probably the right place. Here...

drBill
replies: 289 views: 25,136
StevenLMorgan 2 days ago

What console is this? https://gearspace.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=962442&d=1620949288 From this...

salbinti
replies: 3 views: 227
Oldone 2 days ago

Kinda a rhetorical question, but I have to ask it, because it's about a big amount of cash. I have long dreamed of buying myself...

Mr. Bars
replies: 11 views: 711
Dirk Churlish 2 days ago

I want to know what are your favorite M7 presets, why and what sources do you like to use them on? I know the M7 is a great...

abc1mce2
replies: 114 views: 31,842
Musiclab 3 days ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 2,175 views: 286,978
Jeff Hayat 3 days ago

Can I setup my 708p monitors upside down to lower the tweeter closer to the listening position? Or would this drastically change...

siniarch
replies: 2 views: 151
siniarch 3 days ago

Hi, I want reallt small monitor, im thinking about genelc 8020, but I want to try something different, as i have 8040 Is there...

flex nes
replies: 39 views: 17,522
jnorman 3 days ago

Hello there, I'm looking for a new compressor, for an all around use. At the moment I've one VCA stereo Tierra Gravity, a...

Batpro
replies: 3 views: 201
jonnyjonjon 3 days ago

Is anybody still using Anamod ats1 on the buss ? Or another better tape solutions? ( please not real tape , I’ve been there :)

carloff
replies: 42 views: 4,758
heyman 3 days ago

Moderators