The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 87,114
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

So after a long search to upgrade my ADC these seem to be the two best contenders! abduction The only (slightly significant)...

514JAM
replies: 4 views: 166
514JAM 1 hour ago

Was almost set on a pair of pulse EQP1A3's, then a dealer told me he actually prefers the EQH-2 especially on the mixbus. After...

davehall6162
replies: 2 views: 377
yop 2 hours ago

Happy New Year! What’s on your purchase list for 2021?

ghostwriter
replies: 146 views: 8,561
OTRM 2 hours ago

Currently I record my vocals using a TLM103 into a 1073 style preamp and a 1176 BlueStripe. I also have a Pultec, but this needs...

eagle007
replies: 4 views: 80
chessparov2.0 3 hours ago

Sorry if there's already an on-going thread on this and I missed it. Just noticed it on Sweetwaters site. No pictures yet. ...

Benmrx
replies: 59 views: 31,146
augustin187 3 hours ago

Hello, I have bought an original Shure 55S (https://www.prosoundweb.com/microfiles-shure-model-55-the-history-of-a-true-classic/)...

marcnyc
replies: 5 views: 198
marcnyc 4 hours ago

Anyone Still Tracking or Mixing on Old Analog Desk & Tape? If So Feel Free To Post Picture's Thanks In Advance ..

hubercraft
replies: 136 views: 12,068
gravyface 5 hours ago

There's endless topics here about AD/DA converters, speakers, headphones, what is better... As far as I understand he'll test...

ILL
replies: 37 views: 1,246
deedeeyeah 5 hours ago

Hi All - long time browser, first time poster. I picked up a few Quad Eight EQs and have no info on these. I have gone through...

ar_k
replies: 0 views: 78
ar_k 7 hours ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 2,147 views: 281,480
Jeff Hayat 8 hours ago

SSL Sigma

I am a prospective buyer of this and this is very new product which I don't fully understand yet so I guess having a dedicated...

aramism
replies: 2,086 views: 277,241
wickett 8 hours ago

Why does the RND cost twice as much? Is it twice as good or are they in the same ballpark?

drockfresh
replies: 23 views: 563
Joe Hone 8 hours ago

Hey guys and gals. Been a relatively loyal UAD guy for a few years now, but recently heads a REDD.47 and was blown away. I...

seethelight
replies: 21 views: 1,040
sourpatch 8 hours ago

My favourite and fattest tube pre amps are made by Coil. I just wondered why people don't rave about them more. I've never...

Paul_G
replies: 453 views: 51,144
chandlersonic 8 hours ago

Just interested in getting some opinions, I am torn between the two! I will be using mostly for 2bus and mastering, usually...

Realbadwolf
replies: 4 views: 107
Realbadwolf 9 hours ago

I know sometimes people say they hate these vs. threads but I love them and they have been really helpful! Here I’m looking...

augustin187
replies: 15 views: 2,191
bojan_1 9 hours ago

In my quest to find myself some good pultecs I have listened carefully and tested a few of them this past year, including most of...

syra
replies: 298 views: 75,788
everglass 10 hours ago

It feels like I could upgrade my Twin6's to something bigger. After searching around, there's not many alternatives i found in...

plx
replies: 95 views: 6,825
Abdalla 10 hours ago

I recently loaded a two 500-series racks with hardware comps and I'm totally loving them. That being said, I'm looking into...

formula428
replies: 5 views: 241
dogears 12 hours ago

Hello JCF users Would you be kind to let me hear some songs entirely tracked with AD8? Thanks! ;)

KIDBILL
replies: 44 views: 5,243
[email protected] 12 hours ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 2,803 views: 422,629
libertine 13 hours ago

So any speculations about this? What would you like to see? Different reverbs? Unreal reverbs? Other fx?

OurDarkness
replies: 673 views: 116,038
temnov 13 hours ago

Hello. Years ago I had a tube mic that used a 7 female/ 7 male pin cable (from the mic to the PSU). The cable at some point was...

bernardojimenez
replies: 0 views: 62
bernardojimenez 14 hours ago

Hey Guys, So I'm currently running a full BLA Moded Apollo UA system with my Apollo x6 as the host interface and two...

Kesnerman102
replies: 0 views: 66
Kesnerman102 15 hours ago

Hey all, I’m looking to do a monitor shootout between Amphions, Barefoot Footprint02, and Neumanns. Anyone know of a shop in...

timeghost
replies: 1 views: 175
Chuck Moe 17 hours ago

The Patch, I have been waiting for this for over a year! Viewed it at NAMM 2018. This 2019 it was there again and they have them...

bzone
replies: 176 views: 29,437
Diaultra 17 hours ago

Hi guys, after hours of searching through the web I didn't find any info about this Philips Console which I got hold of. Is...

disconight
replies: 0 views: 117
disconight 18 hours ago

What, in your varied opinions, are the best, spare-no-expense closed-back headphones? I always hear a lot about the best...

JonnBoy
replies: 54 views: 8,283
dfghdhr 18 hours ago

I've heard of a few people in my local music scene complain of the fee to have the piano tuned in a studio when their project...

TheLateNight
replies: 120 views: 9,031
themaidsroom 19 hours ago

Interesting eh? Love my Focal Twins, but I use them now as a final tweak to the mix. Gotta say that Yamaha hit a home run...

dwdummer0
replies: 22 views: 1,847
AndreiPiatra 20 hours ago

I'm in the market for a new compressor. I was thinking to buy the Drawmer 1968 but I now saw the 1978 and it doesn't look bad at...

JEK3
replies: 101 views: 39,634
nickknack 20 hours ago

Hello. I know this might be a ridiculous question as the only thing that they have in common is tubes and transformers. But...

Pops
replies: 27 views: 827
lsdornothin 21 hours ago

Sorry for the long, silly and oddly personal post. :facepalm: My friend and I decided to try a temporary wifeswap er.. monitor...

WithUsInHatred
replies: 110 views: 9,340
rockmanrock 1 day ago

Hi Spacers I love my thermionic swift. I actually life a lot in the high mids and miss at the moment on 2 bus. I mix into it....

augustin187
replies: 6 views: 402
augustin187 1 day ago

Last night I did an op amp shootout for the mix buss of our API 1608 console. The test went as follows: Merging Hapi D/A >...

burns46824
replies: 257 views: 11,691
dogears 1 day ago

Hi there, Would like your opinions regarding the larger active ATC's (SCM SL 50 or 100) and the PMC IB1/IB2. I am unable to...

clan
replies: 62 views: 25,183
Pindos 1 day ago

In search of a high-end vocal mic for some pop/alt/singer-songwriter material. I really like the vocal sound on Taylor Swift's...

Brooklyn1280
replies: 51 views: 1,653
sourpatch 1 day ago

Hi guys, I have the money in my account, and I am just one phone call away from ordering a Bricasti M7. I do a lot of jazz...

OwensDrumming
replies: 191 views: 14,568
Doc No 1 day ago

The master bus compressor does have a few extra features of course, but wondering about just the vca compressor part. I have...

gsilbers
replies: 1 views: 138
Dirk Churlish 1 day ago

Hello, In the studio where I’m working there’s a Studer 928 24 channels. The power supplies are in the control room. They...

fkeys
replies: 1 views: 206
Jim Williams 1 day ago

Can anyone recommend a good Multi Channel Headphone Amp please? Thanks

maestro
replies: 72 views: 14,620
AlMikkus79 1 day ago

Hello people, long time lurker here. So my conundrum is do I get the pre built pre/eq or the kit pre plus the eq. Big pro for...

Jakatone
replies: 3 views: 214
Monaco 1 day ago

Looking to see if anyone has experience with both of these mics and can provide some feedback and opinion. I'm looking for a...

packermans4
replies: 124 views: 13,046
sourpatch 1 day ago

Has anyone swapped out the capsule in an original or even upgraded a U47 clone to a new Neumann/Sennheiser k47 capsule? How is...

davehall6162
replies: 13 views: 2,169
Progger 2 days ago

Hello, Does anybody of you know about REAMP Electronics units? I found this LA-2A style compressor on their website and I was...

morosh
replies: 14 views: 1,785
hoop 2 days ago

Was considering the Coleman monitor controller, but the Source is the same price, and waaaaaay more slutty. I know Dangerous gear...

ben_allison
replies: 117 views: 36,273
JblKid95 2 days ago

My gut says no, but my lust says yes. I am finally building out my little studio in an old log house we bought a few years ago. I...

TheHolyMountain
replies: 981 views: 85,950
the russian 2 days ago

There's lots of threads about the "Wow" factor, but I was curious if anyone had experienced any gear that wasn't as...

Cooleyocity
replies: 222 views: 11,631
BillyLunn 2 days ago

Recording ITB is so common these days, even amongst big name producers. Yet analogue gear still can make a difference to the...

mat6066
replies: 32 views: 1,179
TomVY 2 days ago

Just wanted to positively vent on what an incredible piece of gear this is... it does sooooo many things really well... used it...

phantomcenter
replies: 8 views: 515
Raymond Trace 2 days ago

Moderators