The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 87,143
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Currently I record my vocals using a TLM103 into a 1073 style preamp and a 1176 BlueStripe. I also have a Pultec, but this needs...

eagle007
replies: 17 views: 313
deedeeyeah 14 minutes ago

Hi, Thomas from France here, thank you in advance for your tolerance ;) I have been using the 2 bus + for about 3 years now...

ThomasJuve
replies: 1 views: 39
mnawara 57 minutes ago

This is a thread on the converters from JCF Audio. I'm aware there is one other thread started a few months ago about...

replies: 120 views: 22,260
[email protected] 1 hour ago

Hello JCF users Would you be kind to let me hear some songs entirely tracked with AD8? Thanks! ;)

KIDBILL
replies: 49 views: 5,376
[email protected] 1 hour ago

Hey kids... as many know, my old company -- Mercenary Audio -- was sold as the by-product of a marital divorce agreement in July...

Fletcher
replies: 16 views: 647
Joao B. 1 hour ago

I work in classical music, both live and tracking, along with live sound for churches. Looking for a nice MDC or LDC I can use...

Khojem
replies: 1 views: 51
deedeeyeah 2 hours ago

This is maybe a bit of an oldie for this section as it's obsolete now, but it was a mega-buck option in 2007 ... Has anyone...

nat8808
replies: 5 views: 311
nat8808 3 hours ago

There's endless topics here about AD/DA converters, speakers, headphones, what is better... As far as I understand he'll test...

ILL
replies: 44 views: 1,485
play.exe 5 hours ago

I´ve read about amphion, and I like what I´v heard about them. I have a couple of questions though. How are the compared to...

Ajustment
replies: 26 views: 10,998
citrusonic 6 hours ago

I have a pair of SCM25A's with a Dynaudio BM14S sub (driven by a Crane Song Avocet IIA with the Quantum D/A). Sub is off most of...

audiotechnica
replies: 29 views: 6,483
raal 7 hours ago

I'm in the market for a new compressor. I was thinking to buy the Drawmer 1968 but I now saw the 1978 and it doesn't look bad at...

JEK3
replies: 103 views: 39,726
Lashtal 7 hours ago

hello all. I'm new here, so I am not sure if this is the best place for this or not. please nudge me elsewhere if...

CreatureTeacher
replies: 1 views: 101
CreatureTeacher 8 hours ago

I have done comparisons between the Neve 1073 LB and the 1073 DPA, and in pretty much every case I gave a slight edge to the...

SamKingston
replies: 36 views: 16,945
skiff 8 hours ago

In search of a high-end vocal mic for some pop/alt/singer-songwriter material. I really like the vocal sound on Taylor Swift's...

Brooklyn1280
replies: 52 views: 1,738
Oldone 9 hours ago

if money was no issue what are some pieces of gear you would love to have: preamps , summing mixer, compressors, color box, etc....

ZZZXXX
replies: 75 views: 4,824
drockfresh 9 hours ago

If you have the budget and have these 2 choices, which one would you buy ? Pop / rnb Prod application

loungeclaus
replies: 41 views: 11,537
John Galt 11 hours ago

Just interested in getting some opinions, I am torn between the two! I will be using mostly for 2bus and mastering, usually...

Realbadwolf
replies: 7 views: 216
jimmydeluxe 13 hours ago

I have discovered first hand that finding info on Studer 900 series consoles is not as easy as you would think. I have been...

mintytowel
replies: 0 views: 52
mintytowel 14 hours ago

Hi there, Would like your opinions regarding the larger active ATC's (SCM SL 50 or 100) and the PMC IB1/IB2. I am unable to...

clan
replies: 63 views: 25,324
Abdalla 15 hours ago

My favourite and fattest tube pre amps are made by Coil. I just wondered why people don't rave about them more. I've never...

Paul_G
replies: 459 views: 51,490
chandlersonic 15 hours ago

Hello Ladies & Gentleman, I hope everybody is safe from this crazy virus, I’m here to ask for help, if any one knows...

Bigsoundseeker
replies: 2 views: 146
Bigsoundseeker 16 hours ago

It feels like I could upgrade my Twin6's to something bigger. After searching around, there's not many alternatives i found in...

plx
replies: 97 views: 6,932
miroslav 17 hours ago

The Patch, I have been waiting for this for over a year! Viewed it at NAMM 2018. This 2019 it was there again and they have them...

bzone
replies: 178 views: 29,579
ngregson 17 hours ago

I'm looking at a bunch of small-ish consoles, trying to figure out what might work for me, and one of them is the Neve 8424, but...

steamedhams
replies: 0 views: 72
steamedhams 17 hours ago

Happy New Year! What’s on your purchase list for 2021?

ghostwriter
replies: 150 views: 8,911
Paul_G 18 hours ago

Recording ITB is so common these days, even amongst big name producers. Yet analogue gear still can make a difference to the...

mat6066
replies: 33 views: 1,314
Jdee 18 hours ago

Hello all, I have been really interested in these monitors for quite some time. However, I haven't found many user reviews....

Top Knob
replies: 103 views: 25,075
Brad Lunde 19 hours ago

Interesting eh? Love my Focal Twins, but I use them now as a final tweak to the mix. Gotta say that Yamaha hit a home run...

dwdummer0
replies: 23 views: 1,920
JonnBoy 19 hours ago

Thoughts on these two rack spring reverbs? Would it be worth it to have both or are they redundant in terms of tone,...

johnjacobniles
replies: 6 views: 199
in media res 19 hours ago

In my quest to find myself some good pultecs I have listened carefully and tested a few of them this past year, including most of...

syra
replies: 299 views: 76,058
RogerFoote 20 hours ago

Anyone Still Tracking or Mixing on Old Analog Desk & Tape? If So Feel Free To Post Picture's Thanks In Advance ..

hubercraft
replies: 141 views: 12,371
Plush 21 hours ago

So after a long search to upgrade my ADC these seem to be the two best contenders! abduction The only (slightly significant)...

514JAM
replies: 5 views: 274
PirateCatAudio 1 day ago

Hello, I have bought an original Shure 55S (https://www.prosoundweb.com/microfiles-shure-model-55-the-history-of-a-true-classic/)...

marcnyc
replies: 6 views: 227
chessparov2.0 1 day ago

Hi guys, after hours of searching through the web I didn't find any info about this Philips Console which I got hold of. Is...

disconight
replies: 1 views: 217
sonicdom 1 day ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 2,148 views: 281,669
mrbump 1 day ago

Was almost set on a pair of pulse EQP1A3's, then a dealer told me he actually prefers the EQH-2 especially on the mixbus. After...

davehall6162
replies: 2 views: 458
yop 1 day ago

Sorry if there's already an on-going thread on this and I missed it. Just noticed it on Sweetwaters site. No pictures yet. ...

Benmrx
replies: 59 views: 31,210
augustin187 1 day ago

Hi All - long time browser, first time poster. I picked up a few Quad Eight EQs and have no info on these. I have gone through...

ar_k
replies: 0 views: 115
ar_k 1 day ago

SSL Sigma

I am a prospective buyer of this and this is very new product which I don't fully understand yet so I guess having a dedicated...

aramism
replies: 2,086 views: 277,380
wickett 1 day ago

Why does the RND cost twice as much? Is it twice as good or are they in the same ballpark?

drockfresh
replies: 23 views: 609
Joe Hone 1 day ago

Hey guys and gals. Been a relatively loyal UAD guy for a few years now, but recently heads a REDD.47 and was blown away. I...

seethelight
replies: 21 views: 1,060
sourpatch 1 day ago

I know sometimes people say they hate these vs. threads but I love them and they have been really helpful! Here I’m looking...

augustin187
replies: 15 views: 2,221
bojan_1 1 day ago

I recently loaded a two 500-series racks with hardware comps and I'm totally loving them. That being said, I'm looking into...

formula428
replies: 5 views: 256
dogears 1 day ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 2,803 views: 423,314
libertine 1 day ago

So any speculations about this? What would you like to see? Different reverbs? Unreal reverbs? Other fx?

OurDarkness
replies: 673 views: 116,129
temnov 1 day ago

Hello. Years ago I had a tube mic that used a 7 female/ 7 male pin cable (from the mic to the PSU). The cable at some point was...

bernardojimenez
replies: 0 views: 80
bernardojimenez 1 day ago

Hey Guys, So I'm currently running a full BLA Moded Apollo UA system with my Apollo x6 as the host interface and two...

Kesnerman102
replies: 0 views: 83
Kesnerman102 1 day ago

Hey all, I’m looking to do a monitor shootout between Amphions, Barefoot Footprint02, and Neumanns. Anyone know of a shop in...

timeghost
replies: 1 views: 184
Chuck Moe 1 day ago

What, in your varied opinions, are the best, spare-no-expense closed-back headphones? I always hear a lot about the best...

JonnBoy
replies: 54 views: 8,303
dfghdhr 2 days ago

I've heard of a few people in my local music scene complain of the fee to have the piano tuned in a studio when their project...

TheLateNight
replies: 120 views: 9,067
themaidsroom 2 days ago

Moderators