The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not 'high...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 106,653
Whitecat 23rd January 2015
replies: 400 views: 54,289
[email protected] 6 minutes ago

Anyone using these? I would love to hear some first hand user experience.

Philip Parker
replies: 160 views: 31,100
Method Man 24 minutes ago

Hello. I was lucky the other day to pick up a Neumann m49c for under $4k. Was very happy, good score. I was just curious....

Pops
replies: 411 views: 27,466
thethrillfactor 3 hours ago

Hi everyone, I recently posted about Neumann KH310s vs HEDD type 20s. I got a lot of great feedback but after reading other...

Chris Suarez
replies: 48 views: 2,441
puriteaudio 3 hours ago

Hi, I just have a quick question about tape decks in modern high-end productions. When I've been in big studios I either didn't...

WarWeasel
replies: 6 views: 137
Brent Hahn 4 hours ago

If you had to choose one.

jahomuth
replies: 41 views: 21,492
n.marvellous 5 hours ago

I’m getting way ahead of my skis here. But you know, I’m bored. Lol. After the first of the year I’m going to start...

henryrobinett
replies: 269 views: 12,665
henryrobinett 6 hours ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 4,576 views: 911,236
psycho_monkey 7 hours ago

Hi all, First time poster long time lurker here yingyang I'm looking to spend 30,000 euros on some mixing (main focus) and...

MidiGhost
replies: 0 views: 142
MidiGhost 9 hours ago

lets see some inspiring home studio's. I want to see how the hi-end boys roll!

DR Music
replies: 1,681 views: 557,880
Bingy 9 hours ago

Hi, I am a long time lurker, and ordered a pair of Geithain through VK almost a month. They've been super helpful, but...

in_the_pocket
replies: 7 views: 306
in_the_pocket 9 hours ago

Last time I looked, 5 years ago, Argosy were the go-to studio desk manufacturer. Is that still true, or are there more / better...

Shadow Puppets
replies: 20 views: 1,171
tonepoet 13 hours ago

I am currently using my MK319's for drum room, piano room, and acoustic guitar room/distant. They sound decent but have a very...

formula428
replies: 61 views: 3,738
rob S 13 hours ago

Hey guys, I recently bought a new house with my girl and am building out our 3rd bedroom as my production and mixing room. The...

MattyTriv
replies: 48 views: 7,113
Chester C. 13 hours ago

Hey all, Could any X-Desk owners please upload a picture of their patchbay setup? I’m still trying to wrap my head around...

crying1986
replies: 16 views: 1,380
forsberg94 15 hours ago

Hello y'all! I'm looking to grab a high-end set of b-speakers to work as an "equal but alternate" to by current setup...

AndromedaA6
replies: 86 views: 15,637
Rumi 15 hours ago

Happy New Years Everyone! I recently moved to the Nashville TN, area and am putting together my new Studio. I am simplifying my...

gearjunky
replies: 95 views: 13,314
afv 16 hours ago

Sorry for a silly question here. Can someone please help me understand the difference between various Neve 1073’s? I.e. for...

3bc
replies: 24 views: 4,933
redddog 19 hours ago

Greetings GS, I apologize for adding to the glut of confused Crane Song STC-8 questions. I am aware that I am not the first...

many_faders
replies: 3 views: 221
many_faders 20 hours ago

A little bit of backstory. I am a USAF veteran of 10 years. While I was enlisted I developed a passion for voice over work and...

VoxtonVO
replies: 25 views: 1,751
David W. Jones 20 hours ago

Im looking to buy a Flea 47 and 49 as they are having a special on two mics for the month of May. There is not really a lot of...

fragilo
replies: 850 views: 155,822
Paul_G 20 hours ago

Hello Did anybody use this mics in music studio? I need a stereo mic, but i'm warried about hipercardio M mic. Is it wide enough...

oFF
replies: 3 views: 164
celticrogues 21 hours ago

SSL Sigma

I am a prospective buyer of this and this is very new product which I don't fully understand yet so I guess having a dedicated...

aramism
replies: 2,508 views: 340,372
KAZ RECORDING 1 day ago

Hello! I'm looking for an eq that can come close to the avalon ad2055's 25k high band under 2k. I currently have a massive...

VUmeter
replies: 6 views: 408
VUmeter 1 day ago

Years ago was over at a friends studio and he pulls out this huge red piece of gear labeled a VT-15! I was like what the hell is...

ChuckyGold
replies: 91 views: 13,298
mattcollen 1 day ago

It feels like I could upgrade my Twin6's to something bigger. After searching around, there's not many alternatives i found in...

plx
replies: 258 views: 29,488
MixingStick 1 day ago

*Did a search - not finding a comprehensive discussion* What are the notable suppliers and sellers of studio furniture? I'm...

LobCity
replies: 35 views: 4,293
Fishy1500 1 day ago

I wanna buy an ampex 350, of course they are few and far between ... and leads on one? Or what would be a comparable machine - I...

shakermaker3
replies: 30 views: 4,672
Riz1965 1 day ago

I am currently using the Focal Solo 6 Be and about to take the ATC plunge. My sales rep. mentioned that he auditioned both of the...

Cooleyocity
replies: 238 views: 24,471
j.frad 1 day ago

Deciding between Neumann u67 reissue or Telefunken ELA M 251. Or maybe even u87ai ? Mostly for Male and Female Vocals and...

TS-12
replies: 40 views: 2,429
sourpatch 1 day ago

Anyone have this by any chance? Modular Channel Stereo — OVERSTAYER Recording Equipment, Inc. I think it’s kind...

gsilbers
replies: 735 views: 109,527
jobinho 1 day ago

I've read a lot about these EQ's but have yet to hear one. Seems well established that a lot of people like them and describe...

u87allen
replies: 53 views: 15,399
u87allen 1 day ago

I was wondering if anyone has the Digital Out card for the 8816? I was told by the folks at Vintage King it was an AWESOME 2...

johnscalia
replies: 26 views: 9,951
time2mix.com 1 day ago

definitely inspired by the "Control Room thread" I was wondering if there were pictures to post of various mic'ed up...

Bobalou
replies: 6,191 views: 2,005,805
Drumsound 1 day ago

iam interested in what it sounds like if or how it compares to other neumann's what people usually use it on.

shwin
replies: 151 views: 70,659
doncaparker 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
psycho_monkey 1 day ago

Brauner Microphones’ historical contribution to design and manufacturing will reach far beyond the oft-cited impact on the...

xcskier
replies: 40 views: 1,762
jbuchholtz 2 days ago

Hello, We've had a pair of 8351 in our tracking room for a few months and after initial setup and listening, I havent as much...

d3l
replies: 1,117 views: 198,756
Morgan1563 2 days ago
nephew312 2 days ago

Just curious if anyone here had tried the API DSM setup. I'm seriously thinking about getting 24 channels to help me mix (most...

jt916
replies: 10 views: 2,453
Trashman 2 days ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 2,384 views: 364,115
njv 2 days ago

I am placing several threads for various answers but I noticed this is a critical question and may help me narrow down my...

CJ1973
replies: 815 views: 229,868
lucasanything 2 days ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 9,424 views: 1,556,584
telecasterrok 2 days ago

I know it's not out yet, but does anyone have any experience they can share with this pre?

supermosey
replies: 41 views: 15,458
carolcappetta 2 days ago

Hi everyone, Long story short, a few years ago I decided to sell everything and go completely ITB. I've been very happy with...

PTB
replies: 37 views: 1,470
tekn0 3 days ago

My name just came up. Anyone have one? Is it really a game changer vs plug-ins? Mostly do rock and pop in my home studio. Would...

sleshnyc
replies: 11 views: 674
sleshnyc 3 days ago
sourpatch 3 days ago

Hello Slutz I'm currently looking for a studio with a Trident DiAn. I have heard that all but one of them were acquired by...

RyanSPLAG
replies: 9 views: 1,794
BeMuted 3 days ago

My favourite and fattest tube pre amps are made by Coil. I just wondered why people don't rave about them more. I've never...

Paul_G
replies: 951 views: 122,027
Russell Casse 3 days ago

Good morning everyone, I am changing systems again and am considering the JBL 4429 mainly for fun. Particularly because I love...

Osolemio
replies: 6 views: 223
Osolemio 3 days ago

Moderators