The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not 'high...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 104,411
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Both DAD and Merging make converters said to be among the most transparent in the world. However, neither of their flagship...

innovo
replies: 1 views: 86
pentagon 1 hour ago

I’m listening to the Working Class Audio Podcast. Episode #386 with Richard Dodd Part 2 He talks about VCAs on consoles...

augustin187
replies: 27 views: 818
augustin187 3 hours ago

Hey guys. I'm buying some more outboard gear lately and would ideally love to hook it all up as hardware inserts with as few...

vice2.0
replies: 0 views: 77
vice2.0 4 hours ago

I've had a 2ch Neve build with Carnhills and all the nice parts for several years now and it works great with many sources and is...

777funk
replies: 2 views: 658
Pyeguy 4 hours ago

The Title pretty much asks it all. Thanks in advance, for your responses. "Grasshopper" here, seeks to learn...

chessparov2.0
replies: 166 views: 21,092
Paul_G 6 hours ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 4,412 views: 864,605
PeterPetz 8 hours ago

My favourite and fattest tube pre amps are made by Coil. I just wondered why people don't rave about them more. I've never...

Paul_G
replies: 913 views: 115,511
lowlou 9 hours ago

Just rewatched the various Lord Of The Rings films (extended editions, spread over a few weeks). In the songs at the end of each...

seancostello
replies: 10 views: 940
Sharp11 10 hours ago

Glue as in second order harmonics, Or saturation, Glue, You know, a feeling like this is a song. Its solid and focused. Im...

sleestack808
replies: 62 views: 3,285
Dmjay 12 hours ago

Hey guys, wondering how hard he is hitting his pultecs considering the console and the Red 3 is being driven? Where are the gain...

christube
replies: 0 views: 155
christube 13 hours ago

Hi there, I just discovered a Zähl EQ-1 killer .. same great features, super sounding and 600 bucks less: fully parametric...

midmost
replies: 38 views: 9,099
j3ffr0 13 hours ago

I had a question that, i understand, is highly subjective. I've been on the search for a new pair of monitors in the $2500/pr...

terraamb01
replies: 592 views: 155,064
Grilled Cheese 16 hours ago

Is SSL Matrix 2 still a good choice in 2019 ? I guess theres many alternative available today even a mixerless workflow with...

roc
replies: 156 views: 31,277
ibicfyou 18 hours ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 9,368 views: 1,537,097
jazmanaut 18 hours ago

SSL Sigma

I am a prospective buyer of this and this is very new product which I don't fully understand yet so I guess having a dedicated...

aramism
replies: 2,449 views: 332,501
PettyCash 18 hours ago

Maag Audio - EQ4 - Owners Past and Present I thought I would like these so much but there are not much different from the...

init0
replies: 32 views: 5,211
AB3 20 hours ago

Hey all, I see the crane song interstellars are starting to ship out, anyone get one and want to share some initial...

ABAUD1O
replies: 4 views: 743
Mhelms714 20 hours ago

So, right now my mixbus is Hendyamps Michelangelo ---> Buzz Audio SOC-20(almost always in mid-side(love it)). When I get back...

Bingy
replies: 89 views: 3,722
Paul_G 23 hours ago

Can someone help me with this please? I have everything connected (seems to be just fine). I am routing audio out of logic,...

MUSIC.BMG
replies: 0 views: 130
MUSIC.BMG 1 day ago

I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place to post this question; admins, please move it if you feel it would be more...

pjcartwright
replies: 2 views: 192
pjcartwright 1 day ago

Hello all, I have been really interested in these monitors for quite some time. However, I haven't found many user reviews....

Top Knob
replies: 148 views: 34,420
Jem99 1 day ago

Hey all I just wonder if anyone wiser than me can tell Me if cubase 8 will run smoth on a brand new Mac mini 3,0 GHz 6core...

prophet122
replies: 0 views: 87
prophet122 1 day ago

Does anyone know how to update the firmware for the neve 4081 unit. Support sent me a hex file, but no instructions. Thank you.

Tonardo DaVinci
replies: 4 views: 288
Tonardo DaVinci 1 day ago

Hi all, I've read a few things, including hearing a nice shootout by Rumi... But I'm still kind of a bit stuck between...

SDunscombe
replies: 0 views: 111
SDunscombe 1 day ago

Ok so after being at Armando's last month and hearing his vintage Blue Stripe 1176 on the vocals I had cut and can't stop...

James Lugo
replies: 167 views: 30,790
RoundBadge 1 day ago

Hi all, I was wondering what studio monitor brand (and type) do you all prefer to listen music on? I know that these kind of...

Luisteroor82
replies: 13 views: 785
mappee 1 day ago

I think this is the right forum for this, but correct me if I'm wrong. An opportunty has come up to score two Mitsubishi X-850...

Fred187
replies: 16 views: 6,938
KILLNOIZER 1 day ago

I thought I would post this before sending my unit back to the manufacturer to swap it for a new unit. I just jumped off the...

grantlandau
replies: 6 views: 1,693
qslprod 1 day ago

Hello dear members, I am looking for a new analog ''betterizer'' unit, something to make my digital tracks even bigger and...

sergioelectro
replies: 71 views: 5,454
Paul_G 1 day ago

Anyone here have one of these Highland Dynamics preamps? Have you compared them to the Chandler REDD Preamps? What sources does...

mikoo69
replies: 2 views: 1,199
VintageCherry345 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
Timbone 1 day ago

I'm looking for any information regarding Barefoot MM45 monitors. I've read everything on them here, there's not much,...

the_mixer
replies: 13 views: 1,009
andersmv 1 day ago

SSL X-Rack

Hello everyone, This is my first topic here, so I'll start with a topic that deserves all the attention. With this occasion...

MusicBiz
replies: 98 views: 11,422
Trashman 1 day ago

I just ordered an Upton 251 Mic, I'm looking for a good 500 all around mic pre for vocals. . . . Has anyone tried this mic?...

hubercraft
replies: 181 views: 37,992
David Rick 2 days ago

The Patch, I have been waiting for this for over a year! Viewed it at NAMM 2018. This 2019 it was there again and they have them...

bzone
replies: 216 views: 42,382
softmo0604 2 days ago

I have a question regarding the key sidechain input on the SSL Xlogic G series compressor. It might be a noob question but it...

Outblast
replies: 7 views: 2,238
carolcappetta 2 days ago

What can you tell me about these beauties ? Do they sound as good as they look ? Maintenance ? How much are they going for...

Lectra
replies: 51 views: 27,196
gyraf 2 days ago

Hi, I have a question about automating levels on consoles in general, which is to help decide on a motorized or non motorized...

esppse
replies: 16 views: 773
psycho_monkey 3 days ago

Hi, 20 years later, I still regret selling my pair of 2254E's . Anyone owning or compared both the 2254 and 54F50? Do they...

Krubbadoo
replies: 7 views: 3,720
[email protected] 3 days ago

The UAD sounds very good to my ears. But I've never heard the hardware unit. In the youtube video that compares between the Relab...

Bmtblader
replies: 5 views: 559
syra 3 days ago

Hi to all of you How does IZ radar converters stand-up sonically sound wise compared to today's converters. Has anyone done...

terrysound
replies: 87 views: 16,768
skybluerental 3 days ago

I bought a dual one on Reverb Im running it into my amplifier with a unique cable. A Quad 303. So, two female XLR to 4 pin din....

sleestack808
replies: 3 views: 235
jwalker99 3 days ago

I am looking for examples of albums that the Empirical Labs FATSO was used especially for bus or mix duties. Also, examples of...

daniel1990
replies: 8 views: 660
daniel1990 3 days ago

For me the Retro 2a3 makes me smile everytime I go from bypassed to in. And the mod that Black Lion audio did to my 192 Sent...

ROCKER STUDIOS
replies: 1,478 views: 275,825
carloff 3 days ago

Hi SSL Duality users, I haven't had the pleasure of using an SSL board but it is a goal of mine to one day get one in my future...

dantheman360
replies: 3 views: 266
Skip Burrows 3 days ago

Hi, I know it’s a pretty generic question but I’m on the hunt for a mastering compressor that sound big, clean and modern to...

PadanoPro
replies: 19 views: 1,268
disantlor 3 days ago

The title says the main thing, but let me elaborate. Before Covid came, my mixing workflow mostly looked like this: do a rough...

Stikoun
replies: 18 views: 5,037
Combyjames 3 days ago

Which has the better sound for summing? It seems to me the X-Rack would be the best. But is this true? Do they all...

Trashman
replies: 35 views: 1,720
Trashman 3 days ago

Hey Box Users!!! I went today to demo the unit knowing that i was probably going to buy it. (even though i don't have the...

callmelaub
replies: 140 views: 26,672
Will The Weirdo 3 days ago

I have two of these, and one of them has a significant dropoff in the low end. Possibly it might be a damaged ribbon? Can...

mborok
replies: 3 views: 175
mborok 4 days ago

Moderators