Quantcast
High End - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not 'high...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 91,012
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

So traded my dealer the retro powerstrip for the Neve shelford channel. I like I like. Ive been hunting for this vocal tone and...

SlutWave
replies: 19 views: 1,349
Russell Casse 27 minutes ago

Hi there, I have a nice semi commercial studio with 2 Mara machines. A 16 track JH-24 and a 2 track JH-110. all tied into...

Snoggin
replies: 107 views: 13,458
Brent Hahn 1 hour ago

Hello, We've had a pair of 8351 in our tracking room for a few months and after initial setup and listening, I havent as much...

d3l
replies: 985 views: 169,939
JblKid95 2 hours ago

There's lots of threads about the "Wow" factor, but I was curious if anyone had experienced any gear that wasn't as...

Cooleyocity
replies: 519 views: 47,458
zsarbomba 4 hours ago

definitely inspired by the "Control Room thread" I was wondering if there were pictures to post of various mic'ed up...

Bobalou
replies: 5,921 views: 1,903,684
Paul_G 4 hours ago

RayHeath and monkeyxx asked me to post about the new Heiserman H47tube... I think high end is probably the right place. Here...

drBill
replies: 424 views: 39,218
drBill 5 hours ago

Hi guys, I am looking to add a new preamp to my arsenal. (Currently owning only Shelford channels). I would like to have...

Yann Leon
replies: 16 views: 387
Rego10 5 hours ago

Like the title says- anybody around here have a chance to listen to/demo/work on the new PMC active monitors they announced last...

hw2nw
replies: 20 views: 1,140
edham 6 hours ago

I'm thinking of getting a Shelford Channel to replace my AMS NEVE 1073SPX. I'm intrigued by the build quality, the updated sound,...

slainbabyyc
replies: 14 views: 584
slainbabyyc 6 hours ago

My favourite and fattest tube pre amps are made by Coil. I just wondered why people don't rave about them more. I've never...

Paul_G
replies: 621 views: 70,822
packermans4 7 hours ago

I had a question that, i understand, is highly subjective. I've been on the search for a new pair of monitors in the $2500/pr...

terraamb01
replies: 544 views: 133,556
JblKid95 8 hours ago

Hi Just wanted to hear from Trinnov Users how you like working with the unit?? Do you have any negatives? Worth the hi price...

eclipse
replies: 164 views: 25,215
John Galt 8 hours ago

Haven't purchased much in the past 5 years. Some big things planned and my fav VK rep isn't there anymore. George at...

edham
replies: 0 views: 59
edham 9 hours ago

What is your opinion / experiences with this preamp-compressor? How is the sound? Thanks!

KIDBILL
replies: 36 views: 2,802
Paul_G 10 hours ago

I've been rocking a Manley Ref C as my go-to "nice" condenser for vocals and other acoustic sources, and while I mostly...

jsbeeth
replies: 45 views: 6,101
Paul_G 10 hours ago

I just purchased a Soyuz 017 Tube after hearing it on a few great singers I've worked with. So much better than the subpar mics...

cjac9
replies: 2 views: 168
Paul_G 10 hours ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 3,328 views: 574,087
Alfred Sula 11 hours ago

Hello all! I’m about to make my first leap into analog processing my purchasing a summing mixer. Thus far I’ve identified the...

AndromedaA6
replies: 108 views: 12,163
Shanktron 11 hours ago

My grandfather was a audiophile and had all kinds of high end stereo gear back in the day for listening to vinyls, CD’s etc, ...

Rego10
replies: 3 views: 125
Rego10 12 hours ago

For me the Retro 2a3 makes me smile everytime I go from bypassed to in. And the mod that Black Lion audio did to my 192 Sent...

ROCKER STUDIOS
replies: 1,263 views: 234,328
Paul_G 12 hours ago

Went to the knif site today to slobber over their vari mu ii and agonize myself over the fact that I won't be able to afford it...

Tareqdayya
replies: 14 views: 553
crille_mannen 14 hours ago

As already announced before, I finally got the opportunity to have the new SRP line of Sonodyne monitors (namely SRP 400, SRP 500...

ISedlacek
replies: 468 views: 99,810
MRSEED 15 hours ago

I’ve had an SSL Fusion and an SSL G Comp in my stereo buss for 24 hours, and while they sound great, when I perfectly level...

drcaron
replies: 56 views: 3,125
momomel 18 hours ago

Hi folks, I've had a look through quite a few threads but nothing has exactly the experiences or shootouts i'm looking...

ald0s
replies: 13 views: 552
momomel 19 hours ago

Hey guys, I am thinking about selling my vintage EQP-1A. I couldn´t find anything about pricing since pulse techniques...

tiskohh
replies: 3 views: 318
tiskohh 23 hours ago

He guys , I have an Aurora FW, I’m wondering if I can connect a Mackie onyx FW interface to it via the Aurora FW expansion...

christube
replies: 0 views: 49
christube 1 day ago

Anyone have this by any chance? Modular Channel Stereo — OVERSTAYER Recording Equipment, Inc. I think it’s kind...

gsilbers
replies: 557 views: 78,545
drockfresh 1 day ago

I work mostly otb with only a console. The time has come for a quality piece of hardware, but I just don't know what to get...

Liquidaudio
replies: 33 views: 1,771
thethrillfactor 1 day ago

It feels like I could upgrade my Twin6's to something bigger. After searching around, there's not many alternatives i found in...

plx
replies: 232 views: 16,636
InPhazor 1 day ago

Hey all. I have been thinking of picking up one of the new AKG C414's after being impressed with it during a friends session....

John_McEnroe
replies: 94 views: 110,257
hugeskystalker 1 day ago

If you take Clearmountain and a couple of *dinosaurs* aside, everybody is mixing ITB these days, driven by the marvel of instant...

jindrich
replies: 65 views: 4,405
thenoodle 1 day ago

Hey Guys, Im looking at an upgrade (Converters, and Pro tools rig). Im debating between the MTRX STUDIO and how badly i need...

Bloodz
replies: 4 views: 856
Enarht 1 day ago

I use my Matrix with a MacPro "Trashcan" running Mojave. My DAWs are Pro Tools (latest subscription version) and...

JHTorch
replies: 7 views: 256
Jim Roberts 1 day ago

Hey guys. I'm looking to add the Pultec sound to one of my vocal chains. This particular chain is a Sony C100 (I have a C800g...

Ace'Lo
replies: 40 views: 1,549
Wiggy Neve Slut 1 day ago

About to take plunge into summing once again. Did a few searches and found some good stuff. But wondering from those who have...

computa
replies: 65 views: 23,188
sergioelectro 1 day ago

its really simple,what is best analog to digital converter you ever heard,doesnt matter how much it cost or if its even curently...

Neodym
replies: 947 views: 99,938
IanBSC 1 day ago

Hi all, I recently bought a few used mics from somebody and I believe they used to belong to an organisation. Some of them...

DaveyJones
replies: 3 views: 128
toledo3 1 day ago

I'm sure the vintage KM84 is worth more than 3x the price of a new one in sound and all but is there anything out there that...

seedubs
replies: 71 views: 3,226
toledo3 1 day ago

Hey guys, check this out https://en-de.neumann.com/ma-1 "Dear audio professionals, home recording enthusiasts, musicians...

Husky Squad
replies: 65 views: 9,224
SteelyDani 1 day ago

One of the drivers (see picture) on my Adam S3X-H has stopped working and there is no sound from it. What could be the issue? Are...

erike123
replies: 5 views: 807
alban1975 1 day ago

HI guys,please help me with that problem with setting the manual offset. It does not allow me to write decimal numbers but only...

angel72bg
replies: 0 views: 95
angel72bg 1 day ago

Hello! Just bought Toft atb-16 mixer. Can’t figure out how to record signal to DAW (with apollo 6x) from my tape recorder going...

Fatsolini
replies: 2 views: 165
Fatsolini 1 day ago

Hi you all, I am trying to decide on which would be the better option for mixing summing OTB with up to 40 channels of Da...

polysoniq
replies: 8 views: 258
deedeeyeah 2 days ago

Hello! I’ve got my sights set on living in both the US and Spain in the next two years. This Furman unit, which I believe was...

Armando
replies: 4 views: 170
KB Escape Hatch 2 days ago

I am placing several threads for various answers but I noticed this is a critical question and may help me narrow down my...

CJ1973
replies: 728 views: 200,114
DougS 2 days ago

looking for opinions on the otari mx7300. I might have a line on one (maybe) so wanted to do some early research. machine is...

gouge
replies: 5 views: 1,919
Dirk Churlish 2 days ago

Hi guys jkthtyrt, Has anyone tried the Avantone CV12 BLA version? There’s no much info out there…. I’ve emailed Avantone...

Psklpt
replies: 2 views: 226
Justinv843 2 days ago

Sorry if this is redundant. I would suspect this has been asked before countless times but nothing came up in my search....thanks

fender4593
replies: 1,710 views: 352,663
MRSEED 2 days ago

I recently had the luxury of comparing an NPNG DMP-2NW with a GML 8302 over the course of a few weeks at my home studio. All...

burns46824
replies: 18 views: 3,627
deuc647 2 days ago

Sorry for the bajillionth genelec thread, but I've been having a lot of trouble finding information comparing different models,...

grymoire
replies: 1 views: 130
Squawk 2 days ago

Moderators