The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not 'high...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 104,516
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Hey all, I see the crane song interstellars are starting to ship out, anyone get one and want to share some initial...

ABAUD1O
replies: 14 views: 1,163
deedeeyeah 1 hour ago

I am about to buy sub(s) this week for my pair of ATC 100asl. I have one matching atc sub and it has too little headroom. ...

drno
replies: 10 views: 498
InPhazor 1 hour ago

So, right now my mixbus is Hendyamps Michelangelo ---> Buzz Audio SOC-20(almost always in mid-side(love it)). When I get back...

Bingy
replies: 92 views: 4,119
sage691 3 hours ago

Hi Just wanted to hear from Trinnov Users how you like working with the unit?? Do you have any negatives? Worth the hi price...

eclipse
replies: 312 views: 42,382
InPhazor 4 hours ago

Hello, I am looking at a Bricasti M7, because I need some A-list reverbs, and I like computational reverbs. Is there some...

cidoyat559
replies: 1 views: 73
charlieclouser 5 hours ago

Did anyone ever compare the Sphere L22 to the microphones its emulating? How close does it get to the real thing? Seeing that...

RotesZebra
replies: 5 views: 1,911
AB3 5 hours ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 4,413 views: 865,985
Oroz 5 hours ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 9,373 views: 1,537,940
lowkey 6 hours ago

Hey folks, Have you been able to compare the Portico II Channel from Neve vs the Shelford preamps. I'm looking for a sort...

jerboaguitars
replies: 2 views: 203
voodoo4u 6 hours ago

Hi I'm putting this in the high-end section because I'm imagining we have some engineers here that were around back in the...

Funbags
replies: 5 views: 265
voodoo4u 7 hours ago

I had a question that, i understand, is highly subjective. I've been on the search for a new pair of monitors in the $2500/pr...

terraamb01
replies: 594 views: 155,429
Grilled Cheese 7 hours ago

Can someone help me with this please? I have everything connected (seems to be just fine). I am routing audio out of logic,...

MUSIC.BMG
replies: 6 views: 333
MUSIC.BMG 11 hours ago

I'm looking for any information regarding Barefoot MM45 monitors. I've read everything on them here, there's not much,...

the_mixer
replies: 14 views: 1,082
andersmv 11 hours ago

I bought a dual one on Reverb Im running it into my amplifier with a unique cable. A Quad 303. So, two female XLR to 4 pin din....

sleestack808
replies: 6 views: 347
sleestack808 11 hours ago

Looks great like always! Ordered mine a few days back...here's the link to VK for info....

pigpen
replies: 181 views: 24,119
raal 12 hours ago

This is a song from the first Hobbit movie. It was written and recorded by Neil Finn at his studio in NZ called Roundhead...

jerboaguitars
replies: 1 views: 191
jerboaguitars 12 hours ago

Hi all, I've read a few things, including hearing a nice shootout by Rumi... But I'm still kind of a bit stuck between...

SDunscombe
replies: 3 views: 268
Aural Endeavors 13 hours ago

Hi guys I am looking for a bit of advice, I have been working completely in the box for my home studio but I work with either...

Phonixmusic
replies: 0 views: 128
Phonixmusic 17 hours ago

SSL Sigma

I am a prospective buyer of this and this is very new product which I don't fully understand yet so I guess having a dedicated...

aramism
replies: 2,452 views: 332,933
Skamm Goodiez 19 hours ago

Is SSL Matrix 2 still a good choice in 2019 ? I guess theres many alternative available today even a mixerless workflow with...

roc
replies: 168 views: 31,692
79_Limited 20 hours ago

Looking at getting one of these. $5G is a pretty heavy price, but I'm willing to do it if these claims are right about...

drewrevolution
replies: 49 views: 24,013
ionian 20 hours ago

Both DAD and Merging make converters said to be among the most transparent in the world. However, neither of their flagship...

innovo
replies: 2 views: 318
David Spearritt 20 hours ago

Does anyone mix with a limiter on the stereo bus for reference? I've been trying to gauge what mastering is gonna do to my mix,...

BobbyPeru
replies: 15 views: 5,692
COD 23 hours ago

Hello fellows Gearslutz, Yesterday I recorded some vocals at a new studio that have a really nice vintage mic collection, I...

Pastor Obviedo
replies: 47 views: 13,965
userroscoe 1 day ago

Hi slutz! I just demoed the new Myburgh M1 mic, and did a quick comparison with Brauner VM1 and Horch RM2J. It´s not an...

Skrinsen
replies: 22 views: 3,307
David Rick 1 day ago

Hi guys! After alot of lurking, reading, listening etc. I've decided to get a Portico II MBP. It's will first hardware compressor...

MatsNo
replies: 133 views: 30,490
TikkoRome 1 day ago

It fits my needs outside of the bass drum mic. 4 Tom’s, two overhead, on I believe snare mic. I have a couple of other bass...

zekmoe
replies: 0 views: 108
zekmoe 1 day ago

For me the Retro 2a3 makes me smile everytime I go from bypassed to in. And the mod that Black Lion audio did to my 192 Sent...

ROCKER STUDIOS
replies: 1,480 views: 276,351
rrroque 1 day ago

Hi, I know I'm late to this party but I just received 5 days ago a GAMA 8. First of all, what a beautiful piece of art, I mean,...

delcosmos
replies: 111 views: 11,711
canderson 1 day ago

Hello Does anyone know which adat card the otari 2 is compatible with - either the otari radar 1 card or the modern version I...

luke da ruff cut
replies: 0 views: 105
luke da ruff cut 1 day ago

Hello everyone, I am currently tempted to buy the following XRACK configuration (in order of desired sound chain): x4 XR623 for...

Kriss3000
replies: 25 views: 994
tparssin 1 day ago

Anyone here have one of these Highland Dynamics preamps? Have you compared them to the Chandler REDD Preamps? What sources does...

mikoo69
replies: 3 views: 1,315
bzone 1 day ago

Hey all I just wonder if anyone wiser than me can tell Me if cubase 8 will run smoth on a brand new Mac mini 3,0 GHz 6core...

prophet122
replies: 1 views: 143
brotastic 2 days ago

Hi, I know it’s a pretty generic question but I’m on the hunt for a mastering compressor that sound big, clean and modern to...

PadanoPro
replies: 20 views: 1,391
carolcappetta 2 days ago

I’m listening to the Working Class Audio Podcast. Episode #386 with Richard Dodd Part 2 He talks about VCAs on consoles...

augustin187
replies: 29 views: 956
oldmica 2 days ago

Hey guys. I'm buying some more outboard gear lately and would ideally love to hook it all up as hardware inserts with as few...

vice2.0
replies: 0 views: 155
vice2.0 2 days ago

I've had a 2ch Neve build with Carnhills and all the nice parts for several years now and it works great with many sources and is...

777funk
replies: 2 views: 802
Pyeguy 2 days ago

The Title pretty much asks it all. Thanks in advance, for your responses. "Grasshopper" here, seeks to learn...

chessparov2.0
replies: 166 views: 21,354
Paul_G 2 days ago

My favourite and fattest tube pre amps are made by Coil. I just wondered why people don't rave about them more. I've never...

Paul_G
replies: 913 views: 115,786
lowlou 2 days ago

Just rewatched the various Lord Of The Rings films (extended editions, spread over a few weeks). In the songs at the end of each...

seancostello
replies: 10 views: 1,062
Sharp11 2 days ago

Glue as in second order harmonics, Or saturation, Glue, You know, a feeling like this is a song. Its solid and focused. Im...

sleestack808
replies: 62 views: 3,445
Dmjay 2 days ago

Hey guys, wondering how hard he is hitting his pultecs considering the console and the Red 3 is being driven? Where are the gain...

christube
replies: 0 views: 246
christube 2 days ago

Hi there, I just discovered a Zähl EQ-1 killer .. same great features, super sounding and 600 bucks less: fully parametric...

midmost
replies: 38 views: 9,174
j3ffr0 2 days ago

Maag Audio - EQ4 - Owners Past and Present I thought I would like these so much but there are not much different from the...

init0
replies: 32 views: 5,260
AB3 3 days ago

I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place to post this question; admins, please move it if you feel it would be more...

pjcartwright
replies: 2 views: 202
pjcartwright 3 days ago

Hello all, I have been really interested in these monitors for quite some time. However, I haven't found many user reviews....

Top Knob
replies: 148 views: 34,504
Jem99 3 days ago

Does anyone know how to update the firmware for the neve 4081 unit. Support sent me a hex file, but no instructions. Thank you.

Tonardo DaVinci
replies: 4 views: 316
Tonardo DaVinci 3 days ago

Ok so after being at Armando's last month and hearing his vintage Blue Stripe 1176 on the vocals I had cut and can't stop...

James Lugo
replies: 167 views: 30,853
RoundBadge 3 days ago

Hi all, I was wondering what studio monitor brand (and type) do you all prefer to listen music on? I know that these kind of...

Luisteroor82
replies: 13 views: 819
mappee 3 days ago

I think this is the right forum for this, but correct me if I'm wrong. An opportunty has come up to score two Mitsubishi X-850...

Fred187
replies: 16 views: 6,965
KILLNOIZER 3 days ago

Moderators