The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 87,006
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Was wondering if anyone out there has experience with both and can comment on their similarities and differences in sound.

blotto
replies: 151 views: 22,962
peterwaterman 55 minutes ago

Hello JCF users Would you be kind to let me hear some songs entirely tracked with AD8? Thanks! ;)

KIDBILL
replies: 35 views: 4,934
[email protected] 1 hour ago

hi did anyone had a chance to hear these 2 side by side? and if so, whats your opinion thanks

oranzil
replies: 14 views: 2,291
[email protected] 1 hour ago

Hi! I'm about to get two cleanish sounding quality channels and two flexible eq's as well. I have an opportunity to buy one AMEK...

AlMus
replies: 8 views: 235
elegentdrum 1 hour ago

I´ve read about amphion, and I like what I´v heard about them. I have a couple of questions though. How are the compared to...

Ajustment
replies: 24 views: 10,833
citrusonic 3 hours ago

Finally placed my order in for my Portico II MBP after a couple months of waiting. It won't ship out until the 26th of this month...

cassetteboi95
replies: 7 views: 1,548
JimmyBoyZ 4 hours ago

Does anyone make a 500 series fairchild type compressor?

HeadlessDinosaur
replies: 8 views: 366
HeadlessDinosaur 4 hours ago

Maag Audio - EQ4 - Owners Past and Present I thought I would like these so much but there are not much different from the...

init0
replies: 22 views: 2,496
bgrotto 4 hours ago

Hello. I know this might be a ridiculous question as the only thing that they have in common is tubes and transformers. But...

Pops
replies: 21 views: 494
shoepedals 5 hours ago

Anyone Still Tracking or Mixing on Old Analog Desk & Tape? If So Feel Free To Post Picture's Thanks In Advance ..

hubercraft
replies: 130 views: 11,417
Looneytune 5 hours ago

Hello folks, I have a couple new pieces heading my way, the Neve Portico MBP and the Bricasti m7 as stated in my thread...

unseen hand
replies: 6 views: 149
unseen hand 5 hours ago

Hey guys and gals. Been a relatively loyal UAD guy for a few years now, but recently heads a REDD.47 and was blown away. I...

seethelight
replies: 16 views: 792
NathanEldred 7 hours ago

Interesting eh? Love my Focal Twins, but I use them now as a final tweak to the mix. Gotta say that Yamaha hit a home run...

dwdummer0
replies: 21 views: 1,710
Dirk Churlish 7 hours ago

Hello, I have bought an original Shure 55S (https://www.prosoundweb.com/microfiles-shure-model-55-the-history-of-a-true-classic/)...

marcnyc
replies: 2 views: 101
marcnyc 8 hours ago

If you have the budget and have these 2 choices, which one would you buy ? Pop / rnb Prod application

loungeclaus
replies: 37 views: 11,251
John Galt 9 hours ago

Anyone have this by any chance? Modular Channel Stereo — OVERSTAYER Recording Equipment, Inc. I think it’s kind...

gsilbers
replies: 472 views: 65,585
hool15 9 hours ago

I'm looking for recommendations for a different preamp flavor that will complement my current setup (see below). I'm going for a...

trmckenz
replies: 33 views: 1,453
chrisbramble 11 hours ago

Is SSL Matrix 2 still a good choice in 2019 ? I guess theres many alternative available today even a mixerless workflow with...

roc
replies: 116 views: 21,046
Looneytune 11 hours ago

Hi there, Would like your opinions regarding the larger active ATC's (SCM SL 50 or 100) and the PMC IB1/IB2. I am unable to...

clan
replies: 53 views: 24,432
drockfresh 12 hours ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 2,801 views: 419,164
TheHanes 14 hours ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 8,820 views: 1,354,077
myles 14 hours ago

Hello, :) What are the best alternatives to the Silver Bullet as of 2021 ? I've heared about the SSL Fusion and the Wooly...

Sybille
replies: 18 views: 2,108
crescentmoon 15 hours ago

if money was no issue what are some pieces of gear you would love to have: preamps , summing mixer, compressors, color box, etc....

ZZZXXX
replies: 71 views: 4,514
kludgeaudio 15 hours ago

Hi all, I have been laboring over which mixing console to buy and wanted to ask for some help/advice. I am looking for a...

SeattleStudio
replies: 20 views: 642
andersmv 15 hours ago

I am looking to finally pull the trigger on my first mic over $1000. My max budget is $2200-ish and this will be my main vocal...

DHannah1981
replies: 2 views: 209
Progger 15 hours ago

Hi, I have a pair of Dynaudio BM15a monitors. Because my new studio is rather small, I tried a new pair of Genelec 8340. I...

Janvw
replies: 5 views: 150
Janvw 16 hours ago

Hey Guys! I was wondering what the big difference is between the belclere and the marinair transformer. I hear credible people...

BobDifazio
replies: 4 views: 349
voodoo4u 17 hours ago

My favourite and fattest tube pre amps are made by Coil. I just wondered why people don't rave about them more. I've never...

Paul_G
replies: 438 views: 50,101
Penguino 18 hours ago

Last night I did an op amp shootout for the mix buss of our API 1608 console. The test went as follows: Merging Hapi D/A >...

burns46824
replies: 250 views: 11,282
burns46824 18 hours ago

Has anyone had luck setting up a MIDI remote for their PCM92 or PCM96? I'm aware a lot of people just use the plugin for control,...

atavacron
replies: 11 views: 1,601
Gerax 18 hours ago

At the risk of getting "you're comparing apples to oranges" replies, I'd be interested to hear how people would compare...

twoohfour
replies: 5 views: 425
franktree 21 hours ago

Want to try the 5670 and 6386 tubes into my Tubecore 3U, any experiences? I read that 6386 tubes can't really mess with the...

Stéphane
replies: 37 views: 7,706
KevWind 21 hours ago

Hi folks, I just got a pair of Neumann KH 120-As and am looking for a second set that would provide a different sound stage...

FasterThanLlamas
replies: 3 views: 144
pencilextremist 1 day ago

Hey all, First post here. I apologize If a thread on this already exists but couldn’t find one. I am currently moving from...

Luckydate
replies: 8 views: 520
Aka_bob 1 day ago

Sorry if this is redundant. I would suspect this has been asked before countless times but nothing came up in my search....thanks

fender4593
replies: 1,564 views: 312,592
Skamm Goodiez 1 day ago

CRANESONG STC 8 vs PORTICO II MASTER BUSS COMP Any one has experience using these 2 units? Which one would you go for for...

lulgje
replies: 90 views: 21,916
augustusarnone 1 day ago

In search of a high-end vocal mic for some pop/alt/singer-songwriter material. I really like the vocal sound on Taylor Swift's...

Brooklyn1280
replies: 8 views: 285
Oldone 1 day ago

Buying my first console! I was completely set on gettin the API 2448 and then randomly stumbled upon the latest Daking...

Kingstonberg
replies: 7 views: 321
Pyeguy 1 day ago

I'm a little confused about why the value of something like, for example, the Lexicon 480L is so high these days. I understand...

franktree
replies: 160 views: 4,988
Bassmankr 1 day ago

Ok, so I've read about this thing endlessly and have tried wrapping my head around how to potentially utilize it in my workflow...

ScottBrio
replies: 8 views: 345
nickknack 1 day ago

I understand these were originally made for Fairchild cutting lathes. And apparently there are less than 5 of these in the...

[email protected]
replies: 227 views: 30,499
[email protected] 1 day ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 2,142 views: 280,583
Sequenza 1 day ago

There doesn't seem to be much talk about this Avalon unit, and I didn't find any reviews on the V5 anywhere actually. Specs...

Marcus Mars
replies: 13 views: 23,596
locsaint1 1 day ago

I just stumbled on a used Sanken CU-41 for sale locally. Original owner, purchased in 1989, purportedly excellent condition....

pieter k
replies: 96 views: 11,214
DownSideUp 1 day ago

Don't know what I really feel about this concept of a micpreamp built into the microphone. I can see the point and at the same...

gainreduction
replies: 2,014 views: 189,734
sourpatch 1 day ago

Hi! I would really like to buy high end master bus processor . At the moment i am into Neve Master bus processor or Overstayer...

jazzalen
replies: 2 views: 209
gsilbers 1 day ago

I have some Tdif snakes I was going to resolder the Dsub and put TRS 1/4 on the other end. My cable company CBI said I could use...

gabler
replies: 65 views: 24,331
carolcappetta 1 day ago

Hi guys, I have the money in my account, and I am just one phone call away from ordering a Bricasti M7. I do a lot of jazz...

OwensDrumming
replies: 189 views: 14,309
Looneytune 2 days ago

Who wins? I currently use 2 active bm15a with 2 bm14s ii and think to upgrade into one of the above. I'm afraid i wont get as...

gavros777
replies: 0 views: 98
gavros777 2 days ago

Hello y'all! I'm looking to grab a high-end set of b-speakers to work as an "equal but alternate" to by current setup...

AndromedaA6
replies: 78 views: 6,405
illegal4Hunna 2 days ago

Moderators