The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not 'high...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 102,152
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

I've been saying this for quite a while now. How bad computer monitors are for recording and listening. Nice to see Mr Brauer...

Pyeguy
replies: 34 views: 1,613
psycho_monkey 4 minutes ago

Hello, I'd like to buy a vari mu for mix bus duty (rock/metal stuff mainly to use together my SSl type comp). Online samples of...

Hal
replies: 20 views: 1,476
10pints 2 hours ago

Hello, We've had a pair of 8351 in our tracking room for a few months and after initial setup and listening, I havent as much...

d3l
replies: 1,038 views: 187,586
Grilled Cheese 2 hours ago

I’m reading all these posts on GS, either I’m misunderstanding something or there are contradictions about which one is the...

TS-12
replies: 31 views: 2,886
mesavox 3 hours ago

Anyone using these? I would love to hear some first hand user experience.

Philip Parker
replies: 150 views: 27,602
Andrew Bacon 4 hours ago

I recently acquired a pair of these. Active Mk2’s. I have to say that I am absolutely horrified how terrible the low end...

Benny Hill
replies: 126 views: 19,970
swampy 4 hours ago

Would you pick - Vintage Valve Modern Valve Vintage Ribbon Modern Ribbon ? And which one specifically? I think...

Larry Villella
replies: 101 views: 13,965
Scragend 5 hours ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 9,336 views: 1,521,585
HansMues 5 hours ago

Maybe its just me, but i've been using the ATC45's for the past 6 months and I just cant get used to them, and things aren't...

Chase Orion
replies: 42 views: 1,640
Paul_G 6 hours ago

Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda.. I am familiar with the sound of ATC speakers and love them to bits. I am however considering if I'd...

midmost
replies: 104 views: 25,242
pentagon 6 hours ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 4,253 views: 819,002
DeepPurpleHead 7 hours ago

I’m ready for a new recording channel / channelstrip for the main vocal. Thinking about the Manley Voxbox or the TubeTech...

Jimmy Makhaisingh
replies: 0 views: 88
Jimmy Makhaisingh 7 hours ago

Hi All, The 1073 has been my favorite pre for years now. I've always preferred its tone and character over almost all other...

davehall6162
replies: 25 views: 7,815
adam_f 8 hours ago

Hi everyone, I'd like to add a high end microphone to compliment my c800g, here are some of my options: Tele 251 Tele...

sourpatch
replies: 114 views: 5,151
sourpatch 9 hours ago
replies: 275 views: 25,956
dmbandtimmy 9 hours ago

Hi, I have a question about automating levels on consoles in general, which is to help decide on a motorized or non motorized...

esppse
replies: 4 views: 210
DogCake 15 hours ago

Hello folks, I have bought a Neumann 750 KH and had it for 2 days. Very well built subwoofer, however please note: - NONE of the...

nekkio99
replies: 310 views: 63,153
Martijn W 15 hours ago

Hey guys, I'm hoping to find here how much this Studer trolley is worth? It used to house my 961 (also fits 962) mixer. As...

antti
replies: 3 views: 223
antti 16 hours ago

Hey guys, have anybody had the chance to demo both ATC and PSI in the same room? I got a fairly good offer on the ATC 100's,...

MatsNo
replies: 297 views: 39,168
MatsNo 17 hours ago

Is Phoebe Bridgers motion sickness analog ? Hybrid?

Sslfetish
replies: 2 views: 278
itswintertime 18 hours ago

Hi, I know it’s a pretty generic question but I’m on the hunt for a mastering compressor that sound big, clean and modern to...

PadanoPro
replies: 14 views: 804
cheu78 19 hours ago

Is there an optimal tube for a CL 1B? Do you guys keep it stock or replace the tube? Whatcha using?

James Lugo
replies: 11 views: 576
Djembe 20 hours ago

I am currently using the Focal Solo 6 Be and about to take the ATC plunge. My sales rep. mentioned that he auditioned both of the...

Cooleyocity
replies: 150 views: 15,528
lowkey 22 hours ago

Hi, I'm looking to pick up AES cables for my monitoring setup and I was looking to get the best quality AES cables I can. When...

rfpm
replies: 55 views: 2,161
Bassmankr 1 day ago

Hey guys. I'm looking into Distressors as of late and while the EL8X seems cooler, I can save quite a bit of cash (for a start up...

vice2.0
replies: 1 views: 198
Third Eye 1 day ago

Hi everyone. I’ll post this project here, for it might help someone with similar needs. This is about an engineer who was...

jindrich
replies: 8 views: 1,604
Bassmankr 1 day ago

Been doing a lot of acoustic guitar and vocal recording, with pretty sparse arrangements, where the performance is the focus....

IMRECS
replies: 6 views: 396
thethrillfactor 1 day ago

Hi All, Just got an Amek BC2 (6x BC1118/4 modules, 6xBC1118, 1x BC1136, 1xBC1156 and 1x aux master). I have schematics and...

DannyMA
replies: 0 views: 95
DannyMA 1 day ago

I was recently looking into buying a pair of Inward Connections Brute's and it seems as though IC is gone? They no longer have a...

azrael kennedy
replies: 25 views: 7,970
Rtroost 1 day ago

In the midst of upgrading my lowly (but respectable) Neumann KH120's because I am bored of them and can afford to- no other...

smitty.west
replies: 57 views: 8,399
curry36 1 day ago

Own a functioning 224X, loud fan and off by itself. Got a 480L with 4.10 upgrade so I can use the Classic Cart. Rarely use...

Verbs R Us
replies: 12 views: 4,731
Jimmy Makhaisingh 1 day ago

If so, how are you liking it on vocals? How would you describe its tone?

Krush411
replies: 11 views: 2,739
HansMues 1 day ago

Anyone have this by any chance? Modular Channel Stereo — OVERSTAYER Recording Equipment, Inc. I think it’s kind...

gsilbers
replies: 699 views: 101,633
Udi Koomran 1 day ago

Hi Slutzies! I'm looking to buy my first Mix Bus / Mastering Vari MU Compressor. I alrady have a VCA comp i like but I want...

mardyMcFly
replies: 15 views: 2,307
Exotha 2 days ago

I grew up in analog studios with the big guy consoles and tape machines, but I was always a producer, or artist, and wasn't the...

oceantracks
replies: 0 views: 178
oceantracks 2 days ago

Hey Gearslutz, So I decided to do another test and would like to hear everyones opinion. I used my Neumann U67 and tried two...

justinmichael
replies: 51 views: 11,261
Progger 2 days ago

Hello, I just purchased a TC Electronic 2290 and the filter settings will not save with a preset save. I have a shop with...

gtrmichael
replies: 4 views: 311
oldgearguy 2 days ago

I ask cuz I bought a pair of Neve 1073 LB 500 series pres last year and never really dug them. I had a BAE 1073 MPF rack version...

James Lugo
replies: 27 views: 1,597
cheu78 2 days ago

Looking for recommendations on your favorite ribbon mics with low noise floor (passive and active mics both). I do lots of very...

apossibleworld
replies: 56 views: 6,777
Aurasphere 2 days ago

My favourite and fattest tube pre amps are made by Coil. I just wondered why people don't rave about them more. I've never...

Paul_G
replies: 858 views: 108,994
rob S 2 days ago

Anyone rocking this unit yet? Keen to get some insight on how it performs. Certainly looks like a step up from the a32, nice that...

10pints
replies: 4 views: 449
10pints 2 days ago

For me the Retro 2a3 makes me smile everytime I go from bypassed to in. And the mod that Black Lion audio did to my 192 Sent...

ROCKER STUDIOS
replies: 1,408 views: 266,659
acupunk 2 days ago

Hey everyone. I just picked up some of these monitors used. I'm hoping someone can help me out with either a link or an upload of...

OceanMan
replies: 1 views: 148
nukmusic 3 days ago

Hi guys, I'm pretty set on moving over to focal trios however being a edm guy and film so used to working with super lows, I'm...

EBON SLEEPS
replies: 0 views: 129
EBON SLEEPS 3 days ago

Hey everyone, still on the hunt for a high-end 4-channel mic-pre. I like the new API 3124V because of its versatility. However,...

alexdoo
replies: 18 views: 1,124
RecStu 3 days ago

Hi everyone Recently I‘ve got my hands in an used Lexicon 480L So after a couple tests I realized that one of the machines...

grateful.dead
replies: 7 views: 1,079
backindauk 3 days ago

What, in your varied opinions, are the best, spare-no-expense closed-back headphones? I always hear a lot about the best...

Deleted 0843dcb
replies: 55 views: 9,684
Piilani 3 days ago

Anybody have ideas on how to test a 1940's Altec 639A "birdcage" ribbon mic? They have very low impedance (25 to 50...

ScottsdaleSteve
replies: 21 views: 571
ScottsdaleSteve 3 days ago

A have a small amount of outboard gear and today I had nothing to do so for fun I recorded a handful of instruments...

carolcappetta
replies: 204 views: 11,557
Robb Robinson 3 days ago

Run out of delays in the middle of the mix and went to the music store to borrow one. They had a Yamaha D5000 laying around so I...

gainreduction
replies: 40 views: 24,292
massimo 3 days ago

Moderators