The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not 'high...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 107,067
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Just got a Gefell 71 in and am pretty blown away by it. Sounds fantastic. First time with a Gefell and I'm so impressed I'm...

Krush411
replies: 7 views: 167
pentagon 7 minutes ago

Hello. I was lucky the other day to pick up a Neumann m49c for under $4k. Was very happy, good score. I was just curious....

Pops
replies: 685 views: 42,014
mattcollen 11 minutes ago

Are you loyal to certain brands of studio gear and musical instruments? Do you follow all of their releases and lust for much of...

htieksppircs
replies: 25 views: 746
shahstlz 12 minutes ago

I am considering an A400. Which of my existing pre's do you think might pair best or nice? Close mic'd rock male vocals. API...

soundmurmur
replies: 0 views: 4
soundmurmur 34 minutes ago

If you had a tube mixer, what features and functions would you want it to have? Cheers Ian

ruffrecords
replies: 61 views: 3,439
disantlor 45 minutes ago

Just saw this post on Instagram! If it's not new to some of you, it's new to me! Just figured I'd share it for those...

SupaMixKing
replies: 1,002 views: 93,963
thethrillfactor 1 hour ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 4,753 views: 952,576
TheHanes 1 hour ago

Since plug-ins are getting better and better I hear that some “cats” (engineers) are selling off their analog gear and moving...

SEA
replies: 234 views: 17,688
alexquse 2 hours ago

Looking at a few compressors for buss duties (possiibblly for tracking/mixing duties but i've been using plugins for that...

TehGuitarist
replies: 4 views: 5,924
SwitchesAndDials 2 hours ago

I have been emailing Heiserman Audio for weeks. I have sent emails through their form submission site and directly with no...

MSR74
replies: 9 views: 583
chessparov2.0 4 hours ago

Hi there My recording vocal chans consists of a Aston Spirit mic into a Heritage Elite preamp into a Klark Teknik 1176 into a...

Tjorven
replies: 2 views: 46
GrammynOut2 5 hours ago

Trying to hear the vocal sonics that the Germ pre imparts on vocals but can't find much online. Does anybody have any examples...

Krush411
replies: 4 views: 177
Paul_G 6 hours ago

Deciding between Neumann u67 reissue or Telefunken ELA M 251. Or maybe even u87ai ? Mostly for Male and Female Vocals and...

TS-12
replies: 88 views: 5,459
coffeecup77 6 hours ago

Hi! People know something about this console here? It seems to be Philips ldc 15 year 1974 fully discrete rupert neve...

KIDBILL
replies: 129 views: 59,243
mastersonic 7 hours ago

Until I have cash for a rack, I’ll be using it standalone. It sounds glorious, and I have had great vocal results with the gain...

vicshere
replies: 2 views: 94
vicshere 7 hours ago

How are you guys getting along with these monitors? As you might've seen, I've posted a couple of threads in my search for a...

mkess
replies: 2 views: 187
ssprod19 7 hours ago

Just curious if anyone here had tried the API DSM setup. I'm seriously thinking about getting 24 channels to help me mix (most...

jt916
replies: 11 views: 2,537
Trashman 10 hours ago

Has anyone here purchased these? Curious to hear impressions, and how they compare to Sound Anchors....

AuraJunkie
replies: 13 views: 730
Northward 10 hours ago

This one is easy and shorty. Chandler Tg Microphone Or Lauten Audio Atlantis 387 For vocals, females nd males. Hate...

Jwitb
replies: 33 views: 1,069
Trashman 12 hours ago

Hey guys, I've had this dre-s777 for too long now without the ability to use it. Does anyone know where I can get the...

Jon Harter
replies: 5 views: 1,733
betocmad 17 hours ago

Hi! Has anybody any experience with the Otari Concept Elite console? We're building a new studio and are looking for a good...

kristoffer
replies: 55 views: 18,892
Musiclab 17 hours ago

I recently bought a Sony C-37A mic and it turns out to be pretty much the sound I was looking for for vocals especially. Great...

doorknocker
replies: 14 views: 4,714
Spindrift 19 hours ago

Hi to all of you How does IZ radar converters stand-up sonically sound wise compared to today's converters. Has anyone done...

terrysound
replies: 94 views: 18,175
Spindrift 19 hours ago

Just to preface, I recently got a pair of EQ2s and they sound very nice, so not knocking the product at all. However, whenever I...

shoepedals
replies: 15 views: 702
johannburkard 22 hours ago

Hi to all! I’m choosing between those two models, not for main characteristics but maybe for prices. I’ve had a good...

jumper981
replies: 1 views: 71
pentagon 23 hours ago

Hello I want to buy a new microphone and I hesitate between these two models (Sony C-100 and Neumann...

Kiradu95
replies: 5 views: 890
cheu78 1 day ago

I'm writing in the hopes that someone can help me troubleshoot an issue I'm having. Unfortunately Vintage King, Sweetwater, and...

Whodathunk
replies: 7 views: 162
Whodathunk 1 day ago

Hi all. I have an API 1608 that’s now out of warranty and I’m out of spare op amps . Got a couple issues I’m pretty sure...

Snoggin
replies: 190 views: 35,098
d3l 1 day ago

Hey Folks i got an EMT 140 ST with a V54 i bought them worked over from the HE STUDIO TECHNIK Munic the EMT had a remote on...

DjSoulMajestix
replies: 5 views: 1,021
millionmiles 1 day ago

I'd like to know the mic in this video? Shahram looks like the Iranian Ritchie...

daw48
replies: 5 views: 175
pentagon 1 day ago

I am greatly ignorant in this area and could use some advice from you who are wise and knowledgeable in these matters. (Been...

teashea
replies: 8 views: 464
teashea 1 day ago

Im looking to buy a Flea 47 and 49 as they are having a special on two mics for the month of May. There is not really a lot of...

fragilo
replies: 879 views: 157,978
EandVEntertainment 2 days ago

Rather oddly I noticed I've been 'unsubscribed' and blocked from viewing the U67 vs M 251 thread...

orange
replies: 0 views: 117
orange 2 days ago

47 Shootout 2 With Olympic & Flickinger pre's: After Joel's fun 47 shootout I decided to follow it up with some slight...

Paul_G
replies: 94 views: 4,681
menestrello 2 days ago

Hi, 20 years later, I still regret selling my pair of 2254E's . Anyone owning or compared both the 2254 and 54F50? Do they...

Krubbadoo
replies: 19 views: 4,503
[email protected] 2 days ago

Hi, I got a pair SCM20ASL and I have a noise problem. The amplifier at the back seem pretty noisy. You can clearly hear it...

amphibulus
replies: 13 views: 1,840
OMICS 2 days ago

We now have the H2 version, the Tony Arnold version, the AnaMod version plus any others out there that I don't know about. For...

Marlowe
replies: 134 views: 9,481
the fxs 2 days ago

I've always used my Avid 16x16 for all conversion, but recently bought a burl b2 adc. I can't seem to get it to work, however....

YouCantHear.me
replies: 6 views: 482
andyfreeman 2 days ago

There's lots of threads about the "Wow" factor, but I was curious if anyone had experienced any gear that wasn't as...

Cooleyocity
replies: 589 views: 66,679
chessparov2.0 2 days ago

Is the 2264 ALB a viable alternative to the 33609 for the 500 format? Worth getting a pair to fill out my last pair of 500...

wafa
replies: 0 views: 70
wafa 2 days ago

Today i built up my old Plate in a Million Dollar Studio with a superior Acoustik and Regie Room I do some little fixings .......

DjSoulMajestix
replies: 6 views: 417
a2zEnt 2 days ago

SSL Sigma

I am a prospective buyer of this and this is very new product which I don't fully understand yet so I guess having a dedicated...

aramism
replies: 2,517 views: 344,303
Skamm Goodiez 2 days ago

For those of you who have auditioned both FET Soyuz 017 and Lauten Atlantis FC-387…. Can you please describe the general...

ThousandMics
replies: 12 views: 1,668
musicminister187 3 days ago

How dramatic is the headroom difference With these formats . I will be getting a 24 track and Be on a search for 16 track...

gevermil
replies: 32 views: 5,997
lucey 3 days ago

Hi, I am currently assisting a studio rebuild who are wanting to utilise a DC2000 that they have recently acquired. The only...

_LewisGoose
replies: 3 views: 147
orange 3 days ago

Has anyone used both side by side and care to comment on the conversion quality. I currently have two Quatums and would run the...

Prahlad
replies: 0 views: 102
Prahlad 3 days ago

Dear members, I have a pair of 800s headphone and use it heavily in mixing. My current DAC Amp is Antelope Armari which...

piggy915
replies: 5 views: 1,040
jakeru19 3 days ago

Which one would you choose? Whatever I end up buying, they will be paired with 3 or 4 subs using minidsp to fix room modes. I...

just_manu
replies: 165 views: 23,485
Sugarnutz 3 days ago

My favourite and fattest tube pre amps are made by Coil. I just wondered why people don't rave about them more. I've never...

Paul_G
replies: 972 views: 125,726
Will The Weirdo 4 days ago

What is your opinion / experiences with this preamp-compressor? How is the sound? Thanks!

KIDBILL
replies: 48 views: 4,335
KIDBILL 4 days ago

Moderators