The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not 'high...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 104,206
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

I have two of these, and one of them has a significant dropoff in the low end. Possibly it might be a damaged ribbon? Can...

mborok
replies: 0 views: 8
mborok 5 minutes ago

Maag Audio - EQ4 - Owners Past and Present I thought I would like these so much but there are not much different from the...

init0
replies: 30 views: 4,882
bleep 30 minutes ago

Which has the better sound for summing? It seems to me the X-Rack would be the best. But is this true? Do they all...

Trashman
replies: 29 views: 1,430
Paul_G 31 minutes ago

I am looking for examples of albums that the Empirical Labs FATSO was used especially for bus or mix duties. Also, examples of...

daniel1990
replies: 6 views: 383
daniel1990 1 hour ago

I just ordered an Upton 251 Mic, I'm looking for a good 500 all around mic pre for vocals. . . . Has anyone tried this mic?...

hubercraft
replies: 174 views: 36,915
nephew312 1 hour ago

Greetings to all. I think an updated thread on this topic was needed. I am looking for information virtually because in my...

rrroque
replies: 0 views: 55
rrroque 1 hour ago

Hi to all of you How does IZ radar converters stand-up sonically sound wise compared to today's converters. Has anyone done...

terrysound
replies: 85 views: 16,438
m_lameiro 1 hour ago

Hi SSL Duality users, I haven't had the pleasure of using an SSL board but it is a goal of mine to one day get one in my future...

dantheman360
replies: 1 views: 121
kosmokrator 2 hours ago

Hi guys! After alot of lurking, reading, listening etc. I've decided to get a Portico II MBP. It's will first hardware compressor...

MatsNo
replies: 132 views: 30,138
truid 2 hours ago

I have a little home studio setup going to record my own music- most sources are vocals, bass, and electric and acoustic guitar....

Purple_Rain
replies: 171 views: 9,414
chessparov2.0 3 hours ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 4,403 views: 860,815
blueflake 3 hours ago

The UAD sounds very good to my ears. But I've never heard the hardware unit. In the youtube video that compares between the Relab...

Bmtblader
replies: 3 views: 202
thethrillfactor 3 hours ago

Hi, I know it’s a pretty generic question but I’m on the hunt for a mastering compressor that sound big, clean and modern to...

PadanoPro
replies: 16 views: 1,057
cheu78 3 hours ago

I'm looking for any information regarding Barefoot MM45 monitors. I've read everything on them here, there's not much,...

the_mixer
replies: 6 views: 750
andersmv 3 hours ago

What can you tell me about these beauties ? Do they sound as good as they look ? Maintenance ? How much are they going for...

Lectra
replies: 46 views: 26,836
Paul Gold 3 hours ago

SSL X-Rack

Hello everyone, This is my first topic here, so I'll start with a topic that deserves all the attention. With this occasion...

MusicBiz
replies: 89 views: 10,969
Trashman 4 hours ago

So, right now my mixbus is Hendyamps Michelangelo ---> Buzz Audio SOC-20(almost always in mid-side(love it)). When I get back...

Bingy
replies: 80 views: 2,918
RogerFoote 5 hours ago

For me the Retro 2a3 makes me smile everytime I go from bypassed to in. And the mod that Black Lion audio did to my 192 Sent...

ROCKER STUDIOS
replies: 1,474 views: 274,902
e-are 6 hours ago

Hi, I have a question about automating levels on consoles in general, which is to help decide on a motorized or non motorized...

esppse
replies: 15 views: 671
kosmokrator 6 hours ago

SSL Sigma

I am a prospective buyer of this and this is very new product which I don't fully understand yet so I guess having a dedicated...

aramism
replies: 2,429 views: 331,209
Avantmidi 6 hours ago

Hey Box Users!!! I went today to demo the unit knowing that i was probably going to buy it. (even though i don't have the...

callmelaub
replies: 139 views: 26,439
andersmv 7 hours ago

Ok so after being at Armando's last month and hearing his vintage Blue Stripe 1176 on the vocals I had cut and can't stop...

James Lugo
replies: 165 views: 30,443
RoundBadge 12 hours ago

Severely bummed to learn that Forssell is out of business. Was wanting to buy one of their DAC's for the longest time. But just...

u87allen
replies: 25 views: 851
Adebar 13 hours ago

Is SSL Matrix 2 still a good choice in 2019 ? I guess theres many alternative available today even a mixerless workflow with...

roc
replies: 154 views: 30,986
Oberhim 16 hours ago

Hi all, I was wondering what studio monitor brand (and type) do you all prefer to listen music on? I know that these kind of...

Luisteroor82
replies: 4 views: 313
Earcatcher 21 hours ago

I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place to post this question; admins, please move it if you feel it would be more...

pjcartwright
replies: 1 views: 121
pentagon 23 hours ago

what are the distinguishable qualities or tones that makes a recording an API recording. what distinguishes this unit from all...

Odeo
replies: 174 views: 41,214
Pyeguy 1 day ago

Does anyone have experience with both of these mics? I am very interested in the Soyuz, but would like to hear some more feedback...

Chrismaher4
replies: 0 views: 134
Chrismaher4 1 day ago

My SCM 50 ATSL's, the home floorstanders, arrived last month. The differences between the home and the pro models are that the...

highstream
replies: 16 views: 692
Bruce Keen 1 day ago

I am placing several threads for various answers but I noticed this is a critical question and may help me narrow down my...

CJ1973
replies: 792 views: 223,742
Mark Rich 1 day ago

They make the power supply most SSL owners use and love. But I found today they make a full range compact studio monitor Called...

anguswoodhead
replies: 32 views: 5,092
hool15 1 day ago

We now have the H2 version, the Tony Arnold version, the AnaMod version plus any others out there that I don't know about. For...

Marlowe
replies: 122 views: 7,020
alleyeseeing 1 day ago

Hey all, I see the crane song interstellars are starting to ship out, anyone get one and want to share some initial...

ABAUD1O
replies: 1 views: 399
David Wilson 1 day ago

I notice most AES cables generally use better shielding than microphone cables but, assuming the shielding was equal, does it not...

Scoox
replies: 2 views: 254
pentagon 1 day ago

hey there folks. i am considering buying a Biamp legend 20 channel console and am trying to get some idea of what they are...

skybluerental
replies: 10 views: 5,525
RaygunRS 1 day ago

I currently use my Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt for AD and DA conversion. Overall, I think the converters sound great. I have been...

Unheard Vision
replies: 6 views: 490
Unheard Vision 1 day ago

Hello every one i just started a thread at the geekslutz,about a conceptual (or real) problem about console levels. the...

erjos
replies: 1 views: 2,128
Encinta Records 2 days ago

I want/need to upgrade my i/o and want something top notch. I don't seem to ever go over 16 inputs. I'm using the Audient...

deepmidwest
replies: 3 views: 442
Unheard Vision 2 days ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 9,367 views: 1,535,881
VPrel 2 days ago

I just grabbed one of these on a whim. Holy crap! $899 for a Fet47 that I like better than the Neumann Fet47? The Heiserman...

jjblair
replies: 32 views: 4,278
Nightowl43 2 days ago

I just moved into a house with a detached garage and I'm working with a contractor/studio designer to have it converted into a...

homespunaudio
replies: 110 views: 12,070
planck 2 days ago

Based ONLY on QUALITY of COMPRESSION and SOUND, which of these two compressors would you choose for mix bus duties and possibly...

dbetances
replies: 14 views: 1,329
onezyoung 2 days ago

I already have a distressor with british mod, and I know it's a more versatile compressor. I need to know how much of a fatso's...

no ssl yet
replies: 13 views: 8,835
keano 2 days ago

Hi audio lovers! I heard many examples of the E22S on tom, snare but would like to hear how they sound on acoustic guitar,...

KIDBILL
replies: 10 views: 3,866
Krush411 2 days ago

Hello Burl folks, I am integrating a B80 Mothership into one of my rooms and it's my first foray into ProTools HDX. My...

bkb911T
replies: 2 views: 267
thethrillfactor 2 days ago

hi, i have a quick question. i would like to change the tube from my at4060a. i opened the mic and noticed that the tube was...

Benjamin81
replies: 0 views: 159
Benjamin81 2 days ago

Im looking to buy a Flea 47 and 49 as they are having a special on two mics for the month of May. There is not really a lot of...

fragilo
replies: 832 views: 153,949
Burstwurst 2 days ago

For the last month, I’ve noticed a strange uptick in high end studio gear being sold for thousands less than fair market value....

VintageCherry345
replies: 42 views: 2,352
joeq 2 days ago

definitely inspired by the "Control Room thread" I was wondering if there were pictures to post of various mic'ed up...

Bobalou
replies: 6,157 views: 1,990,385
rosewood123 3 days ago

Here we go again!!! But seriously, most threads are old so we need to have a new fresh start ;) At the moment I am using a...

Firechild
replies: 20 views: 1,825
MUSIC.BMG 3 days ago

Moderators