The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Huge thanks to you Michael, Thank you so much for: All your shared wisdom. Letting us follow your recording gear, studio...

bhandy
replies: 16 views: 1,009
boneshowell 2 days ago

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 87,383
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

does anyone else not love the aml54f50?

boneshowell
replies: 4 views: 280
formula428 1 hour ago

Hi again! Looking for a vocal mic, LDC, kind of an all-rounder for different styles of music, that could also be used for banjo,...

PirateCatAudio
replies: 68 views: 818
MikeInOttawa 1 hour ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 2,171 views: 285,249
Earcatcher 1 hour ago

Happy New Year! What’s on your purchase list for 2021?

ghostwriter
replies: 165 views: 10,169
Mr. Bars 2 hours ago

I know sometimes people say they hate these vs. threads but I love them and they have been really helpful! Here I’m looking...

augustin187
replies: 22 views: 2,566
augustin187 3 hours ago

Lets see those pictures of your ATC beauties!! Also anybody got the new tweeters for the 25s yet?

callmelaub
replies: 85 views: 17,053
Chuck Moe 3 hours ago

The gear that was all the hype on GS ten years ago... what did you buy into? Has it stood the test of time? Do you still own...

che_guitarra
replies: 12 views: 475
deedeeyeah 3 hours ago

Hi everyone, new here. I was just wondering, for those of you that have experience with either or preferably with both, which...

Chris Suarez
replies: 9 views: 381
John Galt 4 hours ago

definitely inspired by the "Control Room thread" I was wondering if there were pictures to post of various mic'ed up...

Bobalou
replies: 5,773 views: 1,858,054
crestifer 4 hours ago

I see the 50 is used in hifi setups but not the 45. I did see one guy using 45 as a center channel! There is a post here...

drockfresh
replies: 20 views: 579
Brad Lunde 4 hours ago

RayHeath and monkeyxx asked me to post about the new Heiserman H47tube... I think high end is probably the right place. Here...

drBill
replies: 226 views: 22,468
bleen 5 hours ago

I recently purchased and subsequently returned a SPL vitalizer MK2-T, and the experience left me doubting if I want to try my...

thehighnotes
replies: 10 views: 189
thehighnotes 6 hours ago

I'm looking for a replacement power supply for my 130v B&K 4003's. The original 2812 power supply has bit the dust, and DPA...

merman1983
replies: 3 views: 107
j.frad 7 hours ago

hello all. I'm new here, so I am not sure if this is the best place for this or not. please nudge me elsewhere if...

CreatureTeacher
replies: 11 views: 437
aomahana 8 hours ago

Hello all I have just purchased a beautiful 1970’s Ludwig pink champagne sparkle kit and I was wondering if anyone could tell...

carolcappetta
replies: 13 views: 401
carolcappetta 8 hours ago

Salutation Gearspacers, I am looking to invest in a matched pair of ribbon mics for recording electric guitars. I am...

Master Moss
replies: 60 views: 1,388
sourpatch 8 hours ago

Hello, I recently upgraded my vocal booth and room, so I've decided to purchase a new vocal chain. I already have a U87ai and I...

MicPoe
replies: 104 views: 16,348
sourpatch 8 hours ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 2,839 views: 435,805
10pints 10 hours ago

Hey folks, As I just moved to a new place with a larger room for my home studio, and my current monitors are starting to show...

sirjuxtable
replies: 0 views: 85
sirjuxtable 11 hours ago

So any speculations about this? What would you like to see? Different reverbs? Unreal reverbs? Other fx?

OurDarkness
replies: 697 views: 117,460
deedeeyeah 11 hours ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 8,849 views: 1,363,207
nil hartman 12 hours ago

Hi all. I've been mixing an album which was recorded through Lynx Aurora converters. In the recording process, the Aurora was...

Ski spiggy
replies: 110 views: 26,382
zagamouel91 12 hours ago

The Patch, I have been waiting for this for over a year! Viewed it at NAMM 2018. This 2019 it was there again and they have them...

bzone
replies: 183 views: 30,294
andersmv 14 hours ago

Hello everybody, I don't understand how come in the vocals Serban Ghenea mix there is not one single harsh frequency, his vocals...

u929
replies: 83 views: 23,160
Seven.Akudama 16 hours ago

Hi everyone! I bought a used SSL Fusion one and I'm super happy with it, but noticed something weird: When I turn on the HF...

flaco.giaco
replies: 16 views: 483
e-are 19 hours ago

Can anyone tell me some good places to look for a vintage U-47? I wish I didn't like the mic but I do. Too much. Thanks for the...

om28e
replies: 44 views: 1,970
RoundBadge 22 hours ago

My gut says no, but my lust says yes. I am finally building out my little studio in an old log house we bought a few years ago. I...

TheHolyMountain
replies: 1,021 views: 88,458
thenoodle 23 hours ago

Hi all, I’ve been searching the forum but haven’t found a comparison on these specific Neve type pres in 500 form. I suppose...

darkwavo
replies: 2 views: 173
darkwavo 1 day ago

I just ordered an Upton 251 Mic, I'm looking for a good 500 all around mic pre for vocals. . . . Has anyone tried this mic?...

hubercraft
replies: 103 views: 24,529
sourpatch 1 day ago

Hey all, I'm considering purchasing a used pair of DPA 4003 mics for location recording of chamber music and orchestras. The...

thesmith
replies: 23 views: 4,174
merman1983 1 day ago

My A/D converter is the Burl B2 ADC and i have Maselec MPL-2 Limiter.. I was thinking of selling those 2 and getting the Rupert...

mnawara
replies: 9 views: 589
riffmachine 1 day ago

Just beeing curious here. For the usual posts, seems you'd be almost done with some U47s/clone, some sm57s for guitars/drums and...

jindrich
replies: 527 views: 160,760
sourpatch 1 day ago

Hey guys! I am trying to do a big test and review of several high end monitors in my studio.Barefoot mm27 gen1 and gen2, Pmc...

Audiovisjon
replies: 3,949 views: 1,118,663
zagamouel91 1 day ago

Just bought a pair of vintage 1081 mounted in a rack. Who do you suggest I send them to to get them back to 100%? I'm in East...

sleshnyc
replies: 6 views: 308
CEG85 1 day ago

Hello everybody! I found some feature of the ATC SCM 25 monitors, which is a flat soundstage, the sound is not positioned in...

schmidtberg
replies: 250 views: 17,424
Brad Lunde 1 day ago

Hello folks, I have bought a Neumann 750 KH and had it for 2 days. Very well built subwoofer, however please note: - NONE of the...

nekkio99
replies: 173 views: 31,891
pencilextremist 1 day ago

In the midst of upgrading my lowly (but respectable) Neumann KH120's because I am bored of them and can afford to- no other...

smitty.west
replies: 56 views: 5,621
zagamouel91 1 day ago

My setup is a living room project studio with a UAD Apollo 8. I am looking into getting a Presonus Studiolive 16R or 24R to have...

yebot
replies: 9 views: 233
IAMGOD_OFFICIAL 1 day ago

Whats the difference between using a mono send, stereo return fx track with a external mono compressor in Cubase, on a stereo...

Urban Soundwave
replies: 0 views: 83
Urban Soundwave 1 day ago

I recently tested 3 direct boxes: -DW Fearn PDB (passive) -Radial JDI Duplex (Passive) -DW Fearn VT-3 (active/tube) The preamp...

burns46824
replies: 32 views: 7,228
burns46824 1 day ago

Hi all, I’ve been repairing vintage synths and pro audio pieces for about 5 years and only recently has it become my sole...

petereugenefoley
replies: 1 views: 124
dan le 1 day ago

Sup folkaroonies Linear detailed non fatiguing mastering grade 2 or 3 way's, that don't need a sub ? Topic names are prefered,...

GME
replies: 4 views: 250
Enlightened Hand 1 day ago

Hey GSers, I was able to do a vocal mic shootout at Vintage King in Nashville two days ago (thanks to Josh at VK!!). I really...

Kroc
replies: 126 views: 12,705
Wiggy Neve Slut 1 day ago

Seriously considering some 500 stuff. I have nothing as yet, so I am going to ask some of you to point me in the right direction....

Jeff Hayat
replies: 506 views: 95,094
kludgeaudio 1 day ago

So this may have been touched on but I feel it needs to be rehashed. I’ve owned both the SSL fusion and Rupert Neve Master...

austinbdot
replies: 51 views: 3,726
Seamoss 1 day ago

Not seeing much feedback on this pre. Anyone tried one? Sounds cool, 500 series pre based on the STA level amp section....

Tahoebrian5
replies: 5 views: 2,172
qslprod 1 day ago

Looking at adding a versatile stereo/dual mono compressor I can use for tracking duties and mix bus. My first thought was the...

gravyface
replies: 24 views: 1,179
gearstudent 2 days ago

Heya All I have been planning to buy a high end preamp/channel strip for my workflow and about to make a choice between the RND...

soundofhope
replies: 17 views: 642
elegentdrum 2 days ago

Hey guys! Anybody who knows what mic this is? Have been searching around but couldn't find anything so I was hoping someone...

Jeeuhmetrik
replies: 2 views: 188
cyjanopan 2 days ago

Hey, looking for advice from anyone who uses these. How does the unit sound overall? Do the input transformers have much of a...

davehall6162
replies: 1 views: 116
jensenmann 2 days ago

Moderators