Quantcast
High End - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not 'high...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 91,632
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Hey guys, Right now I'm working on a new project and thinking of swapping my current 2-bus compressor out for something else....

Bingy
replies: 2 views: 50
Paul_G 16 minutes ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 2,264 views: 314,413
SonicStrike 27 minutes ago

Hey gents, I have been following some chat by Bob Olhsson and Chris from Airwindows in another thread about dither and it...

Karloff70
replies: 1,637 views: 132,690
Karloff70 42 minutes ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 3,465 views: 591,880
TheHanes 49 minutes ago

its really simple,what is best analog to digital converter you ever heard,doesnt matter how much it cost or if its even curently...

Neodym
replies: 1,101 views: 107,596
IanBSC 1 hour ago

I recently started feeling like I've heard of every compressor, but surely that can't be true. Know something rare/vintage,...

Dirk Churlish
replies: 24 views: 1,332
frans 3 hours ago

Been getting a bit obsessed over a Serpent Splice. I want a compressor for my mono chain I use for leads. I compose...

drockfresh
replies: 24 views: 613
Paul_G 3 hours ago

708s will randomly freeze up, show error lights and not pass audio. A manual factory reset brings them back to life but sometimes...

Input_NYC
replies: 12 views: 3,308
sacreg 3 hours ago

I am looking a top tube mic pre that is smooth, big, not too tubey, clean, detailed,...you know all the good stuff. I have...

Bmtblader
replies: 246 views: 40,786
Paul_G 4 hours ago

Please post your experience if you had the chance and funds to buy this new product. I searched for user reviews but not much...

11bit
replies: 244 views: 41,127
Deckdaddy 4 hours ago

Hello friends! I wonder if anyone has any info about thia Raindirk mini mixer from 1974. There is very little information about...

Ted Krotkiewski
replies: 31 views: 3,995
Stoff 5 hours ago

i've got a fetish lately for early 70's dumpster funk, the kind of stuff that was recorded in basements in a cloud of pot smoke...

u b k
replies: 218 views: 71,260
Culturedslob 5 hours ago

I’m grabbing a Pultec EQP-1A-3 to go along with my Neve 1073DBX and was curious how much better the Pultecs are EQ wise? Also...

Rego10
replies: 38 views: 1,406
syra 5 hours ago

Hi, I've just been having a look at the KS-Digital website after hearing good things about their A200 and noticed they make...

dickiefunk
replies: 5 views: 483
dickiefunk 7 hours ago

Hello, We've had a pair of 8351 in our tracking room for a few months and after initial setup and listening, I havent as much...

d3l
replies: 1,001 views: 171,866
Moondog007 10 hours ago

definitely inspired by the "Control Room thread" I was wondering if there were pictures to post of various mic'ed up...

Bobalou
replies: 5,938 views: 1,907,891
steveland_berlin 11 hours ago

Seriously considering some 500 stuff. I have nothing as yet, so I am going to ask some of you to point me in the right direction....

riffwraith
replies: 655 views: 113,980
ucanhatemenow 13 hours ago

Unscientific comparison of some mics... Wasn't sure if it was fair to change the impedance on the preamp for the ribbons so I...

burke111
replies: 2 views: 193
burke111 14 hours ago

Hi everyone, New to the forum and am trying to sell a Neotek Elan II 32 Channel mixing console. The console was actually used...

dholmes528
replies: 9 views: 5,761
JMoss1 15 hours ago

Sorry if this is redundant. I would suspect this has been asked before countless times but nothing came up in my search....thanks

fender4593
replies: 1,715 views: 355,638
TikkoRome 15 hours ago

Hi, I have been doing a lot of orchestra recording lately, I normally like to use a Decca tree with Neumann M50, love that sound!...

laperlestudio
replies: 19 views: 753
GES 15 hours ago

These look like they might be very high quality? They look like they could be heavy. But I don't have to have them on all day.

gearstudent
replies: 34 views: 1,938
frankenstino 23 hours ago

Hi guys, Anyone with experiences from this V72 clone or re-make from Mercury Recording Equipment...good or bad? Only 5 threads in...

Johan_Sthlm
replies: 54 views: 7,409
carolcappetta 23 hours ago

I've been working on headphones for a bit and I think it's time to invest in monitors. I've narrowed it down to Genelec "The...

Scoox
replies: 12 views: 317
Shaggy2039 23 hours ago

who else out here using the manley gold? i feel like it's seriously underrated. not the biggest fan of the gold finish but...

auralart
replies: 1 views: 104
thethrillfactor 1 day ago

I’m looking for opinions on what all you fine folks would pick if you could only have one hardware compressor. Maybe like the...

3bc
replies: 115 views: 6,463
Looneytune 1 day ago

Has anybody used one of these? I have an opportunity to buy one at a reasonable price. It looks like something out of Dr....

intervalkid
replies: 2 views: 1,173
cathode 1 day ago

HI. I am considering picking up a used Neve Portico 5059 summing unit. I have noticed in photos that some have fans in the back...

Mspchico
replies: 17 views: 2,851
PeterPetz 1 day ago

I thought it might be nice to have a thread about high end DJ mixers. Years ago a DJ friend taught me about why Bozak and Urei...

Deleted 691ca21
replies: 133 views: 43,128
d3l 1 day ago

Well, look who decided to show jkthtyrt The new VNE single Channel PMW compressor will get a thoroughly runover the next week....

barforama
replies: 8 views: 488
roger 1 day ago

Hi guys jkthtyrt, Has anyone tried the Avantone CV12 BLA version? There’s no much info out there…. I’ve emailed Avantone...

Psklpt
replies: 6 views: 400
Psklpt 1 day ago

I have a 33609 JD at my disposal for a little demo time.. anybody have any favorite 2 buss settings ? I use 3364's for drums...

RoundBadge
replies: 46 views: 17,181
santibanks 1 day ago

I picked up a Neve 1073lb recently and it's the only really 'high end' piece of gear I have (I have some other 'next tier down'...

Rob_Feature
replies: 29 views: 1,674
BM Grabber 1 day ago

Hello folks, I have bought a Neumann 750 KH and had it for 2 days. Very well built subwoofer, however please note: - NONE of the...

nekkio99
replies: 232 views: 43,583
gollumsluvslave 1 day ago

Haven't used this thing much since it first arrived because we wanted to find spare tubes before we start using it. Ran some...

TikkoRome
replies: 2 views: 106
TikkoRome 1 day ago

I am going to end up buying a u87 used from someone, and I was wondering if there was anyway to tell If it has been tampered with...

sotorious
replies: 1 views: 170
elegentdrum 1 day ago

RayHeath and monkeyxx asked me to post about the new Heiserman H47tube... I think high end is probably the right place. Here...

drBill
replies: 425 views: 40,149
jerkrecords 1 day ago

Hey all, I was reading some old reviews, circa 2005/2006 for the Chandler Mini Mixer, and it seems like it was originally...

SovietSpaceChild
replies: 31 views: 5,579
Buddhaman 2 days ago

I am about to purchase one and I wanted to get a few opinions on it. I’ve been eyeing a pultec for years and want to pull the...

carolcappetta
replies: 63 views: 1,895
Bobhoffnar 2 days ago

I'm wondering if API The Box 2 users would share how the console is working for them. I'm seriously considering it for my next...

SoundWeavers
replies: 34 views: 6,086
t_d 2 days ago

SCM20ASL are something several people have told me to check out. Can anyone comment on them here that has had some time with...

theom
replies: 189 views: 50,761
Brad Lunde 2 days ago

They make the power supply most SSL owners use and love. But I found today they make a full range compact studio monitor Called...

anguswoodhead
replies: 31 views: 4,128
bkb911T 2 days ago

All I do is vocal work in my studio. I'd either like an LA-2A (used re-issue) or a Sta-Level. For the sake of comparison, let's...

JMc
replies: 24 views: 3,820
OurDarkness 2 days ago

Hi ! It was stated here before that KH750 "probably" offers the possibility of DSP-correcction of non - Neumann...

vasylek
replies: 11 views: 807
MiMi 2 days ago

Any thoughts on these pieces? Are they better than the Universal Audio 610 series?

sloanlogic
replies: 26 views: 7,598
carolcappetta 2 days ago

About to take plunge into summing once again. Did a few searches and found some good stuff. But wondering from those who have...

computa
replies: 111 views: 25,208
thethrillfactor 2 days ago

Sorry for the bajillionth genelec thread, but I've been having a lot of trouble finding information comparing different models,...

grymoire
replies: 8 views: 412
Happymixing 2 days ago

Got a chance to have a first look at the Monotor. We've been waiting for a worthy solution to get a good headphone option in our...

Hamburg58
replies: 170 views: 43,791
v00d00ppl 2 days ago

From what I can tell, the main differences between the 1073D/1066DL/1023L and their 19" counterparts are 16V vs 24V...

Squawk
replies: 0 views: 115
Squawk 2 days ago

If so, what's your take Thanks! SEA

SEA
replies: 49 views: 12,495
tonyespinoza 2 days ago

Moderators