Quantcast
What's in your mic locker? - Page 18 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What's in your mic locker?
Old 11th June 2018
  #511
Here for the gear
 
🎧 5 years
DPA 4099 (4x)
DPA 4091
DPA 4090 (3x)
DPA 2011A (2x)
DPA 2006c (2x)
Neesbeez Sally (vergelijkbaar met Neumann U47 buizen)
Warm Audio WA 47 (Clone U47)
Iwan U87 Mod mic
AKG Solidtube Buizenmicrofoon (2x)
AKG 214 (2 x matched pair)
AKG 451c (2 x matched pair)
AKG 451E/ CK1
AKG D112
AKG D5
Sennheiser MD421 (5x)
Audix D6
Audix F90
Audix i5
SE electronics SE5500 Buizenmicrofoon (Mod)
SE electronics SE4400 (2 x matched pair)
SE electronics SE1 (2x matched pair)
Oktava MK 012 cardiod
Shure Beta 98D (5x)
Shure SM98 (3x)
Shure Beta 57 (4 x)
Shure SM57 (2x)
Shure SM57 Transformerless (2x)
Shure Beta 52A
Shure Beta 56A
Shure SM87
Shure 545 sdlc
Heil PR20
Heil PR30
Heil PR35
Heil PR40
Stagg MCO-7W (2x)
Electro-Voice ND 408 (2x)
Electro-Voice ND 468

Vintage Microfoons :
Shure Unisphere A 1968
PGH Funkberater SM 2030 L
AKG D1000E 1976
Sennheijser MD421 (5x) 1975
PGH Funkberater SM 2030 1950
PGH Funkberater MD20 1950
Funkberater RFT MD20 1950
Old 18th September 2020
  #512
Lives for gear
 
elamberth's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Resurrecting an old thread

Flea m49
Neumann m149
Neumann KM 184 x 2
AEA R84 x 2
Brauner Phantom C
SP T3
Beyerdynamic M88
SM 57 x 3
Cascade Fathead
SP B1
Nady measurement mic

Pretty much all I need...
Old 26th September 2020 | Show parent
  #513
Here for the gear
MICROPHONES
 AEA R84
 AKG C 480B/CK61-ULS
 AKG C 414/B-ULS (2)
 Audio Technica ATM25
 Audio Technica AT4047MP (2)
 Beyerdynamic M201TG
 Blue Mouse
 Blue Kiwi
 Coles 4038 (2)
 Flea 47 Next
 Neumann UM57
 Neumann U67 (Max Mod)
 Neumann U87 (Klaus Heyne Mod)
 Neumann TLM193 (2)
 Royer R121
 Royer SF12
 Sennheiser MD421U5 (3)
 Sennheiser MD409U3
 Shure SM57 (4)
 Shure SM7B
 Soyuz 013 Tube (2)
Old 27th September 2020 | Show parent
  #514
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensenmann ➡️
There´s been some movement in my mic locker since the last post. The lesser used ones had to leave, some trades were going on and a few mics were added. Here´s what it´s like at the moment:

1x AKG 460 + CK61
3x AKG 451EB + CK1 + PAD
2x AKG D12
1x AKG D112
1x AKG 414EB

2x Beyerdynamic M201
1x Beyerdynamic M88
2x Beyerdynamic M260
1x Beyerdynamic M160
1x Beyerdynamic M420
2x Beyerdynamic Opus99
1x Beyerdynamic TG-V90r

1x EV RE20

2x Microtech Gefell MV691 + M69
2x Microtech Gefell MV692 + UM70 + M70

1x Neumann SM69Fet
1x Neumann UM57
2x Neumann CMV563 + M7 + M55k
1x Neumann M582 + M94
3x Neumann U87 P48
2x Neumann U89
2x Neumann KM86
4x Neumann KM84
1x Neumann KMS104
1x Neumann KMS104+

5x Sennheiser MD421
4x Sennheiser MD441

1x Shure Beta91
1x Shure SM91
3x Shure SM57
Another update without any spectacular changes:

1x AKG 460 + CK61
3x AKG 451EB + CK1 + PAD
2x AKG D12
2x AKG D112
1x AKG 414EB

2x Beyerdynamic M201
1x Beyerdynamic M88
2x Beyerdynamic M260
1x Beyerdynamic M160
1x Beyerdynamic M130
1x Beyerdynamic M420
3x Beyerdynamic Opus99
1x Beyerdynamic TG-V90r
4x Beyerdynamic M69
4x Beyerdynamic TG-X47
1x Beyerdynamic M101
2x Beyerdynamic Opus 87
2x Beyerdynamic Opus 88

1x EV RE20

2x Microtech Gefell MV691 + M69
2x Microtech Gefell MV692 + UM70 + M70

1x Neumann SM69Fet
1x Neumann UM57
2x Neumann CMV563 + M7 + M55k
1x Neumann M582 + M94 + M71
3x Neumann U87 P48
2x Neumann U89
2x Neumann KM86
4x Neumann KM84
1x Neumann KMS104
1x Neumann KMS104+
1x Neumann KMS84

5x Sennheiser MD421
2x Sennheiser MD441
1x Sennheiser MD431

1x Shure SM91
3x Shure SM57

Last edited by jensenmann; 27th September 2020 at 06:29 PM..
Old 7th January 2021 | Show parent
  #515
Gear Nut
 
🎧 5 years
Here is what's in my microphone locker:

Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphones
Neumann U87 (1970's) 2
Neumann U89a 1
AKG C414B-ULS 1
AKG C414B-ULS TL 1
Shure SM7B 1

Small Diaphragm Condenser Microphones
Neumann KM84 (1970's) 2

Dynamic Microphones
Sennheiser MD407 1
Sennheiser MD409 1
Sennheiser MD421-N 4
Sennheiser MD421-II 1
Sennheiser MD421 U-4 1
Sennheiser MD421 U-5 1
Sennheiser MD441 3
Shure SM57 6
Shure SM58 2
Audio Technica (SM58-ish) 7
Electrovoice RE20 1
AKG D12 1
Audio Technica MB2000L 2
Funkberator Funkberater 1
Yamaha Subkick 1

Stereo Dynamic Microphones
Grundig GDSM 202 2
Grundig GDSM 200 2
Rodes NT4 1

Ribbon Microphones
Coles 4038 3
Royer R-121 4
RCA 77D 1

Last edited by bigsbyman; 9th January 2021 at 02:32 AM..
Old 7th January 2021
  #516
Gear Guru
 
monkeyxx's Avatar
 
18 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I caught the SM7B category there, haha. Lot of dynamic mics, same here.
Old 18th January 2021
  #517
Lives for gear
 
PaulMac's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
This is the longest I've gone without buying a mic since I was 17. A tele 251 and I'm happy... for a while!

Condensers

Blue Kiwi
Chandler Limited TG (pair)
Telefunken M16
AKG C414B-XLS (pair)
AKG C451 EB (pair) (circa 1970’s)
Apex 471 (custom mod)
Blue Baby Bottle
Blue Bluebottle
Blue Mouse
CAD M177 (x4)
Neumann U87
Neumann KM184
Neumann KM84
Neumann M147
Neumann TLM193
Naiant X-M (pair)
Naiant X-T/D

Ribbons
AEA R44
Coles 4038 (pair)

Dynamics
AKG D12E (circa 1962)
Audix D2 (x2)
Audix D4
Audix D6
Beyer M55 (circa 1963)
Beyer M81 (circa 1975)
Sennheiser E606
Sennheiser E906 (x2)
Sennheiser MD441 (circa 1978)
Shure 55 SH Series II
Shure SM57 (x3)
Shure SM58
Shure SM7
Shure Beta 57a
Shure Unidyne IV
Uher M534 (circa 1969)
Yamaha Subkick - SKRM100
Old 25th March 2021
  #518
Here for the gear
 
***EQUIPMENT LIST***
My Mic Locker:

12 GAUGE MICROPHONES "RED"
Omnidirectional SDC* (matched pair)
O.H., T.snare, acoustic instruments

12GAUGE MICS "Black212"
X/Y small diaphragm condenser w/Y-cord
OH*, Room*, Acoustic*, lrg.group Vox

AKG D707E

AUDIO TECHNICA ATM 63

AUDIO TECHNICA AT813 Electret Condenser (AA battery)
Vox*, G.Cab*, acoustics

AUDIO TECHNICA ATM10 Electret Condenser (AA battery)

Avantone CR-14 Ribbon (matched pair)
G.Cab*, Snare*, Vox*, OH, M/S

Audix i5
Dynamic Cardoid
T./B.Snare*, G.Cab, Toms, anywhere a 57 goes

Audix D6
Large diaphragm
Dynamic Cardoid
Kick*, F.Tom*, B.Cab

Audix ADX51 SDC
(matched pair)
OH, g.cab, vox, snare,

Beyerdynamic M88TG
Hypercardoid Dynamic
Vox*, Snare*, g.cab*

CAD Equitex E300s
Multipattern Large Diameter Condenser
M/S *(fig8.for S), F.Vocals*, Room*, heart*, G.Cab*, OH

CAD C9S
(matched pair)
OH, acoustic string intruments

EV RE-20
Dynamic Cardoid
Kick*, Vox*,
M/S-cardoid(M)
F.tom, b.cab, g.cab

EV ND408
Dynamic Super-cardoid
B./T.Snare,* Toms*,G.Cab**, anyplace a 57 goes

EV 635a (matched pair)

Golden Age Project R2 MK2 ribbon
G.Cab, Snare, Vox, OH, M/S

Groove Tubes GT57

Groove Tubes GT67 Multipattern Tube Condenser

iSK Little Gem
3 Capsule multipattern
Small diaphragm pencil condense
T./B.Snare*, HH*, OH
Vox*, Guitar Cab*

KAM MC3 SDC
(W/all capsules)
OH, g.cab, snare

KAM C3 LDC
Vox*, room,

KAM i2n SDC
(Matched pair w/cardoid, omni capsules)
OH, g.cab, snare

MXL 992 LDC

MXL 993 SDC
MXL 970 Mogami Edition (with Mullard tube)

NADY CM90 (basically just the donor body, new capsule and caps/wiring) *Michael Jolly Modded

Oktava ML-51 cardioid ribbon microphone modded with Cinemag transformer

Oktava ML-219 cardoid ribbon

Pyle PDMIC78 (basically a cheap 57 clone that sounds pretty decent for $10) (3)

Samson CL2 SDPC* w/omni+cardoid capsule
Vox*, Guitar Cab*

Samson CO1 LDC

SENNHEISER MD421
Cardoid Dynamic
Toms*, Snare*, G.Cab*, vocals, bass cab

SENNHEISER e902
Dynamic Cardoid
Kick*, F.Tom*, bass cab*

SENNHEISER e945
Dynamic super cardoid
B.Snare*, Vocals*(live)

SENNHEISER e935

SHURE SM78
dynamic cardoid

SHURE PE15D

SHURE SM7B
Cardoid Dynamic
Vocals*, G.Cab*, room*, kick, OH, bass cab

SHURE Beta58a
Dynamic super-cardoid
Vocals*(live), b.snare, t.snare

SHURE SM58(3)
Cardoid Dynamic
Live b.vox

SHURE SM57(2)
Dynamic cardoid
b.snare*, t.snare*, g.cab*, b.cab

SHURE Unidyne B Hi-Z
Dynamic hyper-cardoid
hi-hat*
see 57, smaller pattern, no transistors. Hi impedance (must use 10' cord or less/ D.I...)

* Shure KSM9HS
(*bootleg Chinese)
Dynamic hypercardoid


Sony F96 FET omni condenser (matched pair)

Sterling Audio T-31 (matched pair)
Small diaphragm condenser
OH*, room
Old 25th March 2021
  #519
Lives for gear
 
jjblair's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Current locker:

CONDENSORS:
AKG C12 tube mic clone (by Norbert Pape)
AKG C12A tube mic (2)
AKG C414-EB (4 w/ CK12 capsules)
AKG C414-BULSII
AKG C460 small diaphragm condensor (2)
Altec 175 tube small diaphragm condensor
Bock iFet7 w/ Neumann K47 capsule
Lucas CS-1 tube mic (2)
Manley Gold Reference tube mic
Microtech Gefell M300 small diaphragm condensor (2)
Neumann CMV563 tube mic w/ M55k capsule
Neumann M367 tube mic (AC-701 equipped broadcast U67)
Neumann M49 tube mic
Neumann M49b tube mic (2)
Neumann SM23 stereo tube mic
Neumann SM69 stereo tube mic
Neumann U47 tube mic (3)
Neumann U47p torpedo head w/ M48a omni capsule
Neumann U67 tube mic
Sony C37-A tube mic (2)
Telefunken Ela M 251E tube mic
Telefunken Ela M 250E tube mic
VTL/Langevin CR3A (4)

DYNAMIC MOVING COIL MICS:
AKG D12 (2)
AKG D19 / D24 / D119 (16)
AKG D-224E
Audio Technica ATM-25
Beyerdynamic M88 (3)
Electrovoice RE27
Electrovoice RE15
Heil PR30
Sennheiser e609 black (2)
Sennheiser MD409-U3 (4)
Sennheiser MD421-II (3)
Sennheiser MD441
Sennheiser MDS-1 stereo (MD409)
Shure SM57 & SM58 (4)
Sure 545SD
Telefunken M82

MICROPHONES
RIBBON MICS:
AEA R84
Beyerdynamic M160 (2)
Coles 4038
RCA BK-11A
RCA 44-BX
RCA 77-DX
Royer 121
Old 26th March 2021
  #520
My all time favs and Go-to's remain my:
1967 U67 with original capsule for just about everything
SM81 for guitars
Ear trumpet labs for OH's
Blue Kiwi for female vox
Kraken K2 subkick for kick (shhh it's a reverb.com 3d printed secret!)
Old 24th April 2021
  #521
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 5 years
Neumann U89i bk 1982
Neumann U87ai nickel 1987 -> Neve 5032
Neumann U47Tube 1953 M7 rsk. Ther. -> Tabv72
Telefunken U47Tube 1956 k49 sealed KK ->Siemv72
2x Neumann U47Tube -> Siemensv74a
Neumann U48Tube -> Tabv72
Shure Sm7b -> strasser 55db tube mic pre Neumann B brand 1966
RM-BIV 2x ~> cloudlifter ~> Rme interf.

Last edited by QueenSisi; 5th May 2021 at 02:07 PM..
Old 4th May 2021 | Show parent
  #522
Here for the gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLamb ➡️
***EQUIPMENT LIST***
My Mic Locker:

12 GAUGE MICROPHONES "RED"
Omnidirectional SDC* (matched pair)
O.H., T.snare, acoustic instruments

12GAUGE MICS "Black212"
X/Y small diaphragm condenser w/Y-cord
OH*, Room*, Acoustic*, lrg.group Vox

AKG D707E

AUDIO TECHNICA ATM 63

AUDIO TECHNICA AT813 Electret Condenser (AA battery)
Vox*, G.Cab*, acoustics

AUDIO TECHNICA ATM10 Electret Condenser (AA battery)

Avantone CR-14 Ribbon (matched pair)
G.Cab*, Snare*, Vox*, OH, M/S

Audix i5
Dynamic Cardoid
T./B.Snare*, G.Cab, Toms, anywhere a 57 goes

Audix D6
Large diaphragm
Dynamic Cardoid
Kick*, F.Tom*, B.Cab

Audix ADX51 SDC
(matched pair)
OH, g.cab, vox, snare,

Beyerdynamic M88TG
Hypercardoid Dynamic
Vox*, Snare*, g.cab*

CAD Equitex E300s
Multipattern Large Diameter Condenser
M/S *(fig8.for S), F.Vocals*, Room*, heart*, G.Cab*, OH

CAD C9S
(matched pair)
OH, acoustic string intruments

EV RE-20
Dynamic Cardoid
Kick*, Vox*,
M/S-cardoid(M)
F.tom, b.cab, g.cab

EV ND408
Dynamic Super-cardoid
B./T.Snare,* Toms*,G.Cab**, anyplace a 57 goes

EV 635a (matched pair)

Golden Age Project R2 MK2 ribbon
G.Cab, Snare, Vox, OH, M/S

Groove Tubes GT57

Groove Tubes GT67 Multipattern Tube Condenser

iSK Little Gem
3 Capsule multipattern
Small diaphragm pencil condense
T./B.Snare*, HH*, OH
Vox*, Guitar Cab*

KAM MC3 SDC
(W/all capsules)
OH, g.cab, snare

KAM C3 LDC
Vox*, room,

KAM i2n SDC
(Matched pair w/cardoid, omni capsules)
OH, g.cab, snare

MXL 992 LDC

MXL 993 SDC
MXL 970 Mogami Edition (with Mullard tube)

NADY CM90 (basically just the donor body, new capsule and caps/wiring) *Michael Jolly Modded

Oktava ML-51 cardioid ribbon microphone modded with Cinemag transformer

Oktava ML-219 cardoid ribbon

Pyle PDMIC78 (basically a cheap 57 clone that sounds pretty decent for $10) (3)

Samson CL2 SDPC* w/omni+cardoid capsule
Vox*, Guitar Cab*

Samson CO1 LDC

SENNHEISER MD421
Cardoid Dynamic
Toms*, Snare*, G.Cab*, vocals, bass cab

SENNHEISER e902
Dynamic Cardoid
Kick*, F.Tom*, bass cab*

SENNHEISER e945
Dynamic super cardoid
B.Snare*, Vocals*(live)

SENNHEISER e935

SHURE SM78
dynamic cardoid

SHURE PE15D

SHURE SM7B
Cardoid Dynamic
Vocals*, G.Cab*, room*, kick, OH, bass cab

SHURE Beta58a
Dynamic super-cardoid
Vocals*(live), b.snare, t.snare

SHURE SM58(3)
Cardoid Dynamic
Live b.vox

SHURE SM57(2)
Dynamic cardoid
b.snare*, t.snare*, g.cab*, b.cab

SHURE Unidyne B Hi-Z
Dynamic hyper-cardoid
hi-hat*
see 57, smaller pattern, no transistors. Hi impedance (must use 10' cord or less/ D.I...)

* Shure KSM9HS
(*bootleg Chinese)
Dynamic hypercardoid


Sony F96 FET omni condenser (matched pair)

Sterling Audio T-31 (matched pair)
Small diaphragm condenser
OH*, room
Hello how are you, could you please give me your experience with the Avantone CR14 microphone? I'm looking for it to record trumpets, but I don't have a lot of budget for a Royer 121 or something like that. The string I would use it for is this: BAE 1073 MPF or Manley dual mono preamps, these go to the Apogee Symphony MKII, thanks for your help
Old 4th May 2021
  #523
Here for the gear
 
I am hoping this is how I reply to a question I was asked? Got an email but never had someone specifically tag me or reply to my posts so I have no clue how to answer back? More of a reader than contributor.
Anyway, I was asked about the Avantone Ribbons, and the person was planning on using it on sax.
If this is the right thread then here's my 2cents:

The Avantone CR-14 Ribbons (i have a matched pair) are really fun on overheads and sources that can benefit from some "taming of the highs" in my opinion. Still get plenty of that upper range but not at all bright or brittle in any way!
The BUILD however is a bit rough. BOTH of mine the casings kind of fall apart so I have the bodies taped, the tape is also essential due to the fact that the very nice quality rectangular shock mounts are just slightly looser than what would be ideal and I almost had one hit the floor due to it vibrating out of its mount!
Now the Golden Age Products Budget Ribbons are much better built but a thicker ribbon and slightly less impressive sonically imo, but still GREAT sounding on a lot of sources.
My BEST advice is to go on the bay and grab a used vintage Oktava ribbon (they usually look kind of like an MD421). There were various models, I have a few and they all cost me under $200, two were already modded with Cinemag transformer and 3pin XLR connect too! I was a bit worried shipping a ribbon from the Ukraine to the US but all 3 came in great shape from 3 different sellers!
Those things sound so smooth on the low to low mid range that it kind of makes the other newer budget ribbons like the Avantones seem a bit too bright In comparison ? (Which is still not very bright at all!)
Old 5th May 2021 | Show parent
  #524
Lives for gear
 
Ward Pike's Avatar
 
15 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml designs ➡️
My all time favs and Go-to's remain my:
1967 U67 with original capsule for just about everything
SM81 for guitars
Ear trumpet labs for OH's
Blue Kiwi for female vox
Kraken K2 subkick for kick (shhh it's a reverb.com 3d printed secret!)
I agree with you on the Blue Kiwi for Femvox! It can be sibilant but a de-esser can take care of that and leave that air capture intact. Do you know what year yours is from? Some people have spoken about differences from different eras.
Old 5th May 2021 | Show parent
  #525
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 10 years
I"m just a home studio

Wunder CM7s
Neumann U87ai x2
Gefell UM92s x2
Gefell UM70
AKG C414
AKG C422 stereo
Korby Kat FET x2

Gefell M300 x2
AKG C460 x2
Royer SF2

Sennheiser MD421 x2
Beyer M420
Beyer M422
Shure 57 58
Shure SM7
Akg D12
Akg D112
Audiotechnica ATM25
Old 5th May 2021 | Show parent
  #526
Gear Addict
 
Tousana's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Pike ➡️
I agree with you on the Blue Kiwi for Femvox! It can be sibilant but a de-esser can take care of that and leave that air capture intact. Do you know what year yours is from? Some people have spoken about differences from different eras.
The early Blue products are much better than the later ones. Early ones were made in Latvia and just better built, and mainly by hand. I have quite a few Blue mics from the early runs, and I personally wouldn't buy any Blue product now, as most of their stuff is now made in China. That is purely my thought on the matter, and some people may feel differently.

Last edited by Tousana; 6th May 2021 at 04:55 PM..
Old 5th May 2021 | Show parent
  #527
Lives for gear
 
Ward Pike's Avatar
 
15 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tousana ➡️
The early Blue products are much better than the later ones. Early ones were made in Latvia and just better built, and mainly by hand. I have quite a few Blue mics from the early runs, and I personally wouldn't buy any Blue product now, as most of their stuff is now made in China. That is purely my thought on the matter, and some people may fell differently.
Mine is a 2007 or 08. Would that be the 'assembled in the USA' period?
Old 5th May 2021 | Show parent
  #528
Gear Maniac
 
My small home studio list:

Sony c800g
Ehrlund ERH-M
Groove Tubes MD1A
Earthworks sv33
Beyerdynamic m160
Shure sm7b, sm58, sm57
Sennheiser 609
MXL v69me
Neumann kms104

Mics I've sold:

u87ai (2), u87 vintage, JZ BH2 (2), AA cm67 (will buy another), Chandler Redd mic.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #529
Lives for gear
 
homestudioguy's Avatar
 
3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Current mics

Recent mics photo.
Attached Thumbnails
What's in your mic locker?-c50f908d-3fba-4dbb-a6e7-e296f377fa6b.jpg  
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
  #530
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
EV: 2x666, 3xND38, ND868, RE20
Shure: 4x unidyne3 SM57, SM81, B52, SM7B
Neumann, U87Ai, 170R Purple, KSM105
Sennheiser: 2xND211, 4xMD409-U3, 4xe906, MD431
Groove tubes: MD1A, MD3, MD5, 2xMD6, Velo 8T
Advanced Audio: 2xCM67se, CM47ve, CM12se, 4xCM47fet
AKG: D12, 2xD1000
Norelco: Rocket
Revox: 3500
Gineric: 2xRM5 ribbon like 121
Nakimachi: DM1000, 2xDM500
Soundeluxe: U99S
Lawson 47
Elation KM202
Yamaha: 4xMZ105,2xMZ204, MZ205
Audio Technica ATM25
DIY sub speaker as sub kick.
Sony: C48, C450, 2xC55P, 2x355, 2xFV300, C38
Coles 2x4038
few beaters. Really old unbalanced shure bullet things. AMD ribbons, forget what else.

some of the good mic's are really beat up looking, but work great. 10 years of hunting for the best cost/benefit. used on line markets dried up about 5 years ago.

I have basically every texture needed to pick a brush or spice, however you want to put it. Five full sets of 4 tom mic's for different drum texture. One more EVND38, have a set of four of those.

Last edited by elegentdrum; 2 weeks ago at 09:33 AM..
Old 2 weeks ago
  #531
Lives for gear
I need more ribbon’s in my life. I’m considering adding one of the Stager mics or the beyer m160. I already use and love the m88, 201 and mc930. Uses would be mono drum room, guitar cab, brass. If anyone can speak to these Id appreciate it!
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
  #532
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by szyam ➡️
I need more ribbon’s in my life. I’m considering adding one of the Stager mics or the beyer m160. I already use and love the m88, 201 and mc930. Uses would be mono drum room, guitar cab, brass. If anyone can speak to these Id appreciate it!
Coles 4038 is my workhorse ribbons. If I had a large treated room, it would be 44's. In the USA, it's much more popular to get an AEA 84's because it can be used on more things than the Coles.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #533
Lives for gear
 
elamberth's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
You don't have to have a large room to use the 44. I use an AEA R44 in a room about 14 x 15 and one about 11.5 x 14. I think the room should sound good, though as the mic will pick up a lot of the room.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
  #534
Gear Maniac
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by elegentdrum ➡️
EV: 2x666, 3xND38, ND868, RE20
Shure: 4x unidyne3 SM57, SM81, B52, SM7B
Neumann, U87Ai, 170R Purple, KSM105
Sennheiser: 2xND211, 4xMD409-U3, 4xe906, MD431
Groove tubes: MD1A, MD3, MD5, 2xMD6, Velo 8T
Advanced Audio: 2xCM67se, CM47ve, CM12se, 4xCM47fet
AKG: D12, 2xD1000
Norelco: Rocket
Revox: 3500
Gineric: 2xRM5 ribbon like 121
Nakimachi: DM1000, 2xDM500
Soundeluxe: U99S
Lawson 47
Elation KM202
Yamaha: 4xMZ105,2xMZ204, MZ205
Audio Technica ATM25
DIY sub speaker as sub kick.
Sony: C48, C450, 2xC55P, 2x355, 2xFV300, C38
Coles 2x4038
few beaters. Really old unbalanced shure bullet things. AMD ribbons, forget what else.

some of the good mic's are really beat up looking, but work great. 10 years of hunting for the best cost/benefit. used on line markets dried up about 5 years ago.

I have basically every texture needed to pick a brush or spice, however you want to put it. Five full sets of 4 tom mic's for different drum texture. One more EVND38, have a set of four of those.
Curious which one of your Advanced audio mic you like best. I was planning on buying a cm67 again but I almost bought a cm800t yesterday because I think it sounds like (funny enough) a better vocal mic than my c800g. I might change the Telefunken tube in it, I think it's too bright.

I have no experience with the other Advanced audio mics. How's the cm12 on male vocals?
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
  #535
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourpatch ➡️
Curious which one of your Advanced audio mic you like best. I was planning on buying a cm67 again but I almost bought a cm800t yesterday because I think it sounds like (funny enough) a better vocal mic than my c800g. I might change the Telefunken tube in it, I think it's too bright.

I have no experience with the other Advanced audio mics. How's the cm12 on male vocals?
It depends on the singer. This is why I have a large collection of Mid range LDC-tube mic's. So I can find the right mic for the singer. The CM67se is going to work on more voices than the others.

Last edited by elegentdrum; 2 weeks ago at 08:31 PM..
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
  #536
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Update:
2x Neumann U87
2x Neumann KM84
1x Neumann KMS 104
2x RCA 44BX
2x RCA 77DX
1x RCA BK-5B
1x Royer 121
2x AKG C414EB P48
1x AKG 451E
1x AKG 451EB
2x Shure SM7
2x Shure KSM141
2x Shure SM81
2x AT4060
1x AT4033
2x ATM25
1x ATM35
2x C12 clones w/Campbell capsules
2x U47 clones
1x Sennheiser M441
2x Sennheiser M421
1x EV RE20
1x EV RE320
2x Octava MC012 w/complete mods
4x Shure SM57
1x Shure Green Bullet
1x Astatic Bullet
1x Beyer 640N
Misc. Shure vocal mics (SM58, Beta 58a, Beta 57A, etc.)
Old 2 weeks ago
  #537
Lives for gear
My List + emoticons for emotional feels


DYNAMIC:

3x Shure SM57 ( I never use these , bought em like 15 years ago... )
2x Beyer M88 ( Kick in, Guitar cabs, hi hat, need to try on more things. Amazing mic's )
1x Beyer 201 ( snare top mostly - awesome )
1x AKG d 1000e ( cool mic, been using as snare bottom, sometimes amps, but want to try for kick in soon - )
1x Electro Voice 635a ( cool omni, glad i bought before UBK featured it in a video haha, its gone up like 40% )


SDC:

2x AKG 460 b ( OH, acoustics, like these a lot - but they did kinda get bested by... )
2x Beyer MC930 ( OH, acoustics, more pokey, huge toms - )
2x Line Audio CM3 ( my first SDC's, wider pick up and not the highest spl but pretty sweet, like on acoustics and tom mics )
1x AT Pro 37 R ( I dunno, bought it 2nd hand and kinda beat up, works but not impressive )


LDC:

1x Stam Audio SA67 ( fairly new to me but sounds great so far, been using as drum close mono mic, vocals )
1x Pearlman TM2 ( first ldc that kinda blew me away, not huge, but sweet and balanced )
2x Mojave Fet 201 ( these are awesome mics, been using for kick out and floor tom, but have used for various sources and always seems to work )


RIBBON:

Sterling ST170 ( like i mentioned a few posts up, I need more ribbon mics in my life. This one is OK for an inexpensive mic, though the null's don't really seem to null all that much. Using it mainly for room mic or hi hat, guitar amp etc. )
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 62 views: 26126
Avatar for chessparov2.0
chessparov2.0 21st December 2020
replies: 1172 views: 261234
Avatar for Dr. Jule
Dr. Jule 1 day ago
replies: 3617 views: 396864
Avatar for Chet_Rockstone
Chet_Rockstone 11th April 2021
replies: 53 views: 53906
Avatar for Jimbo99
Jimbo99 13th April 2021
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump