The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Bricasti M7 - version 3.0
Old 9th April 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardustmedia ➡️
I wonder how V3 is coming along, after that crazy year.
I'm hoping they give me a free upgrade as I just bought V2 with the Reverb Foundry M7 Link. I doubt that's going to happen.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldone ➡️
I'm hoping they give me a free upgrade as I just bought V2 with the Reverb Foundry M7 Link. I doubt that's going to happen.
No, unlikely. Since V3 will contain new hardware, that all V2 users have to pay. New customers will pay also the same amount more for a new unit. So it's fair.
Lives for gear

Quote:
About that M7 Link plugin. Does it work on Catalina and with Logic X? Logic can handle MIDI only thru the MIDI FX plugin slot. Not thur the "normal" plugin slots.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Yes and yes.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk ➡️
Yes and yes.
Then I gotta give the demo a try. Thanks Squawk.
Old 9th April 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
The M7 link is the way to drive this machine unless you want to spend $1500 on the hardware control. I will say the hardware front panel has a very ergonomic set of controls but you can go deep faster with the software. You have to have a dedicated midi interface as well, so I picked up a mio. I initially tried putting the M7 on a midi chain but it doesn't work and it also kills the communication path of the midi chain to other devices. So plan on that minor expense as well. Having a little bit of a problem getting the software to connect to the mio, intermittent discovery, so working that out now.

Update: The problem of communication seems to be between the new mio (another older mio I have works fine) and Windows 10 latest rev as of this date. Protools intermittently couldn't communicate with the new mio and I deleted it's instance in Windows 10 device manager and reinstalled (unplugged then plugged) the instance. After that the M7 link software in Protools had no problem. Possibly an update to the mio bios or Windows 10 doing a lousy job of adding a mid device but it seems to be working now.

Last edited by Oldone; 9th April 2021 at 06:31 PM..
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
The M7 link is the way to drive this machine unless you want to spend $1500 on the hardware control.
I have the remote control

At the moment I don't think I'm going to pay 200 bucks for a remote software. The benefits aren't good enough for me to justify the price. I do one mixdown each 1 or 2 weeks. And don't need total recall. I always overwrite one user preset with the preset I use at the moment.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
I have the remote control
Then why did you even ask about the software?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Then why did you even ask about the software?
I wasn't sure about it and how it could improve the workflow. Why not? It's good to question your own habits.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
The remote would be nice, but too pricey...so I think the software will be it for my M7, which I just moved to a more distant rack with the plan to get the M7 Link software so I can control it from my mix position at the console.
Still...even $200 seems pricey when I consider that my TC 4000 came with remote software already included, which works great and only needed a USB connection from the unit to my PC.

I'm thinking maybe getting the bundle with the M7 Link and HD Cart is the best deal from Reverb Foundry.
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroslav ➡️
Still...even $200 seems pricey when I consider that my TC 4000 came with remote software already included, which works great and only needed a USB connection from the unit to my PC.
I.

Are you still able to run the TC Icon remote software ? mine stopped working a couple of years ago when the drivers became out of date
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digi_io ➡️
Are you still able to run the TC Icon remote software ? mine stopped working a couple of years ago when the drivers became out of date
it's true that all tc gear (in fact any gear from companies which got swallowed by evil b) isn't getting supported...

...but then, i keep several old laptops running for exactly this reason: to control old gear which is long out of production (so i can still control my tc reverb24 via icon software).
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digi_io ➡️
I've been holding out with Win7...so the drivers are still working for me.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeyeah ➡️
it's true that all tc gear (in fact any gear from companies which got swallowed by evil b) isn't getting supported...

...but then, i keep several old laptops running for exactly this reason: to control old gear which is long out of production (so i can still control my tc reverb24 via icon software).
Old laptop dedicated to TC 4000, works great
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Any news about new m7 V3 or other Bricasti reverb coming soon ?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
LOL, I started this thread March 2014...

Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDarkness ➡️

Hope springs eternal. Reality might win in a bar fight.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
My Bricasti still is V1 and I don´t feel any need to upgrade it. It´s all I want it to be. I´m totally happy with it as it is. As long as I haven´t heard V3 I don´t care for it. In my dayjob I´ve got V2 but don´t use these algorithms. V1 is made for me. And for everything else I´ve got other reverbs.
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensenmann ➡️
V1 is made for me.
If you're a fan of V1, I've got a feeling that V3, some day, will be right up your alley. From what I've gathered, V3 is all about simulating realistic spaces in the same way as V1 does but with exponentially higher resolution. That's why it takes so much processing power/speed. Unfortunately, the resources that V3 would need just don't exist yet in any practical form.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
The resources do exist in the form of FPGAs. C code is riding a bike, and assembly is walking, I’m crawling and loving it.

No plans have changed, and as always we are still over a year away.

-Casey
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
I wasn't sure about it and how it could improve the workflow. Why not? It's good to question your own habits.
The M7 Link software is nice for when you recall a project, it loads the correct program and settings for you. I don't have the remote so I don't know how those two work together (is it bi-directional MIDI?)
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey ➡️
The resources do exist in the form of FPGAs. C code is riding a bike, and assembly is walking, I’m crawling and loving it.

-Casey
General purpose AI has been 5 years away as long a I've been a computer scientist - 30 years plus. Perhaps if we trained an AI to write the code for V3 and then trained the code for V3 to create an AI ...
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:

-Casey
" assembly is walking"
Hay, I resemble that remark (used to be a systems programmer in IBM's Glendale lab, but that was more than 50 years ago).
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by synthetic ➡️
The M7 Link software is nice for when you recall a project, it loads the correct program and settings for you. I don't have the remote so I don't know how those two work together (is it bi-directional MIDI?)
I guess it's bidirectional. But I don't know, because I have the M7M with the blank front.

I assume it isn't MIDI. From the website: "...utilizing a standard RS422 serial interface", but maybe the protocol is the same. I don't know for sure.

At the moment I cannot benefit from total recall. When I do a mix session, I finish that mix and don't need to recall it. So 200 quids are not worth it for my workflow. I just save that one user preset and overwrite it with the next session.
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDarkness ➡️

I think that just goes to show that the gear of today is available now

I bought an M7s two years ago, as soon as I heard it it my studio I bought another and have been loving using them ever since. Who knows when V3 will arrive, I'm sure they'll be incredible and I'm sure I'll buy at least one and sell one of my V2s, but today there's still these amazing units to buy and use - if we wait for the promise of reverbs future, we may never buy.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
And does the plan for upgrade-ability of V2 to V3 persist?

Quote:

-Casey
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
If coming in a year, I will wait for the new products !
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by qslprod ➡️
It is NOT going to available in a year.

You are going to get me in trouble!

-Casey
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenLMorgan ➡️
And does the plan for upgrade-ability of V2 to V3 persist?
Yes it does.

-Casey
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
You may want to note that the same language has been used for many years now. While it could be a year out, the language also means it won’t be less than a year, could be more than a year, is historically a moving target.

The M7 is not dependent on a V3, and although many will upgrade, V1 and V2 capabilities will remain as benchmarks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qslprod ➡️
📝 Reply